herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2021 :  10:30:29 AM  Show Profile
Ok Denise, I missed something important. I didn't hear about the final word on your move. Last I heard, they were TRYing to make you move.Fill me in.We have sunny weather here with highs near 70. That air is still chilly. The ground must really be cold. I get my first Covid shot today. We'll see how that goes.
Make it a great day gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  6:47:34 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Ahhhh! A new page to start on! Thanks for sharing fuzzy baby pics! Nothing says Spring like new babies and flowers.

Happy Easter ladies! On Easter my son is making New York steaks on the grill since it will be in the low 70s. WooHOO! Right? His friend and family

will join us also. Looking forward to people!

I see where April Fools day was snow for my Sis and son in Ohio! We have had 30 and 20s at night now.. Brrrrr. My electric blanket still feels so good!

Not taking those flannel sheets off for a while yet!

Forsythia is in full bloom here. Crazy. Most trees have pushed off the buds and got leaves! This year is better than last year at this time weather

wise. Was to wet and cold for anything to come up. It hid.. lol

Have a great weekend gals! Love n Prayers for all who need and want them. Love yuns.. toodles for now.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  9:46:06 PM  Show Profile
I got my second shot this week and other than a sore arm had no other side effects. Just make sure you get the shot on the side you don't sleep on.

We will be going to youngest daughter's house for the holiday. Prime rib, bbq pork, and the best adult only Easter egg hunt. It will be quite a happy occasion since the last time we were together was last Easter.

Ribs and green bean casserole for dinner tonite. I hadn't planned on the casserole but I discovered that someone who shall remain unnamed opened the can of onions and was munching on them. I found the stash and returned them for the purpose I had bought them.

Have a Happy Easter everyone!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  07:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Judy,
Right now we are moving forward in making the move to Ohio. The oldest dd and family are leaving our area. It's time for us to be near our 2nd born dd and her family.
We are in the process of hopefully selling the business and getting the houses sold.
So crossing fingers the business sale goes through soon and quickly.
I think that's pretty much the latest update.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:55:29 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Have had a lot of Dr's Appointments for hubby. They said that his operation did not increase his life span at all. Before surgery they said 6 months. BUT I know God
may have more days, months or years for Larry. He has decided his life span not the Dr.'s. Larry continually shocks us on how he pulls through crazy stuff. He has
had Heart disease since Shane was 6 yrs old and Shane just turned 35. So, I would say God does give us ALL an Expiration Date!! So, Larry and I have decided to just
take one day at a time and enjoy each other for as long as we have together.

We both just had our second Covid 19 Vaccine yesterday. We had a 2 hour wait in a very long line. I had some weird symptoms but things have calmed down today.

Going to Shane and Sadie's for Easter. Larry will not be going. The man can barely shuffle to my car for appointments...so, he goes no where that he doesn't have to
go. I feel badly because he misses so much Joy and Fun with the Family.

Hope you all have a Beautiful Resurrection Sonday!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  2:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Sisters of the Porch! It's so good to see you all are well and still here! It's been a crazy long while since Ive stopped in - and I apologize. Only so many things a human can do at one - and Im trying to be better. :) I love the spring flowers and baby critter pics - all so adorable, refreshing, and a reminder of the renewal Mother Earth brings to us all - no matter what we've been through.
My winter, was long, rainy, and cold - so not as many outdoor things got done before the ticks came out as I'd hoped. It's pollen season now - and I spent the weekend outdoors trying to get caught up. Garden's now been tilled twice - along with amendments - so all ready for planting after tax day! THIS will be the year for a great garden - I'm sure of it (she says trying to convince herself). Built an a-frame tree stump puller. Have used it twice and it works REALLY well. Need to get to the rest of my stumps this week. Also need to get the cover off of the pool and get it running if there's any hope of having it be swimmable by the time it's hot enough to wish it were!

Work is still recovering from the ransomware attack so I guess I'm not retired YET.... and the best news - both properties SOLD last week! JUST wrote the last check on the mortgage - so succeed or fail - at least we only have ourselves to disappoint now. LOL

So good to see you all getting vaccinated, and have the opportunity to be with your families again. Went to see my aunt for her 90th over the weekend - and it was wonderful - I had not realized how much I missed people (in person). Peggy - so glad Larry is still with us - and so appreciate your attitude and his desire to be here - I have much to learn.

Ive got to go do something important (yet to figure it out) - but wish all of you an awesome week, and look forward to more spring pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2021 :  10:19:44 PM  Show Profile
D ~ it is so good to have you back on the Porch girl!! Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes towards Larry's recovery. I must say...that he hasn't worked in his Home Office
for months and yesterday and today he was in there for hours. Which gives me a little much needed break too. I can do a few things for myself!! ~ You are such a hard worker D.
I'm so happy that you got your properties sold! I'm sure your Retirement will Happen...don't give up on it! LOL. I know hardworking people never really Retire they just change
destinations and find different work to do.

I had a lovely Easter with my kids and Grandkids. And Sadie (my dil) sent me home with enough food for today and tomorrow. She is a great cook! I always was too but don't enjoy it
as much when I am only cooking for me. My husband has to live on a soft food diet and so I cook two different meals or order in for myself a couple times a week.

We had a Beautiful Weekend weather wise. A tad colder but Sunny and no rain. We have been up in the 70"s several times in the last couple of weeks. Which seems like a delicious
gift to me. Today, I noticed our Rhoddies are blooming and so are the Magnolias. So, it is hay fever season too.Next month will be the worst when the Pine Pollen starts covering every-
thing in sight.

Well My Porchies...I hope everyone is working at doing something fun and or useful! Whatever you find to do...just enjoy it!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2021 :  2:54:43 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo!! Coming out of the social isolation closet now that my vaccinations are complete. Just home today from my first hair cut and wax job in 14 months. Tomorrow my good girlfriend and I are going for pedicures. Also first time in 14 months. I'm beginning to feel like a new woman . . . or at least a renewed woman.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Apr 13 2021 2:55:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2021 :  11:11:21 AM  Show Profile
Jean, I bet you do feel like a renewed woman!! I am growing my hair out...hoping to wear it in a bob once again. It does not look as good as it did in my 40's. I think it is the
gray hair verses the red-head I use to be. LOL

Where is everyone???? Are you all out getting a make-over too????

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  03:55:08 AM  Show Profile
Glad to see you all out on the porch again.
Have been busy around here. Some of it due to Spring and feeling like doing it and some due to there being a lot to get done.
We listed the yesterday house that dd was living in. They moved last Friday.
Now we have two more major things to get taken care of in order to make our move.
I have been packing which is slow going with this sciatica. But I do what I can when I can. Cleaning, sorting and purging as I go. Amazing when I realize just how much we can live without. How did it all get here?
The longer days of sunlight give me more energy. Fortunately we don't have a lot we have to do to this house to get it ready to sell.
Just praying it all goes well and quickly.

Peggy glad to hear Larry is doing better. Prayers for him and for you.

Don't know how often I can get here but will Check in with you all.
Still cool enough to have hot tea and warm cookies here on the porch. I've got the kettle on!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 15 2021 03:59:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2021 :  12:39:45 PM  Show Profile
". . . Twas the eighteenth of April in '75. Hardly a man is now alive who remembers that famous day and year. Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere. . . ."
Well, at least I retained something from all those years in school. LOL. And, I do believe April 18 was the day of the infamous San Francisco earthquake in 1904. I am simply a fount of trivia . . . I'll go back to sleep now. Happy Sunday y'all.
Farmgirl hugs
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2021 :  2:02:04 PM  Show Profile
We had to recite that poem for 8th grade graduation. We celebrate Earthquake day today. Earlier in the week was Titanic day. We find any excuse to celebrate around here. I'm hoping I can find the movie "San Francisco" with
Clark Gable and Jeanette McDonald on today.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  3:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
April is on it's way out.. seems like it just started!

I'm outside every chance since the days are getting longer. My 2 chicky gals are giving me eggs regularly now, so that's nice..

Have extra to share with my nice neighbors..

Put Sugar Snap peas out and bush green beans and spinach. All seeds are going directly in the ground. Lots of flower seeds also.

Sounds like you are all busy with this and that also. Stay safe. Love you all..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  9:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Go figure,, Hubby and I did some yard work yesterday (Sunday),, brought out some of the lawn deco and garden deco and all my Garden Gnome... all was fine, had a glass of wine while sitting in the garden,, when the winds started to kick up,, and kick up more and even more so we went in the house,,, with in a few hours we had 30mph winds and hubby and I had to dash outside and secure the garden deco stuff!! So I had another glass of Wine!!!
:>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2021 :  12:37:46 PM  Show Profile
The porch sittin' weather is arriving . . . where are you Porchies?
We've been having cocktail hour on our front porch for several days now. We sit there sipping our fresh squeezed Vitamin C (with a wee tad of Texas Titos vodka). And we watch the re-forestation project happening on the hill across from us. New owner of the 320 acres opted for this project rather than a new housing subdivision which made us very happy . . . although when we saw all the little plants being planted en masse on the hill, we were hoping it was going to be a vineyard/winery. Oh well, better trees than houses. It's fun to sit and supervise the progress from our rocking chairs.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2021 :  12:38:29 PM  Show Profile
Katmom --
Please let your gnomes know that a new forest project is going in here and it would be a lovely place for a new gnome colony if any of them are looking to relocate from your area.
hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Apr 30 2021 12:41:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2021 :  4:49:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone,
Busy here. Good news we are one down and two to go on the move. I am still packing and getting things situated so we are ready when the time comes. Praying all things fall into place quickly and smoothly.
In the meantime we are enjoying Springtime and all the beauty it gives.
Hope you all are enjoying it too wherever you may be.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 01 2021 12:04:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 01 2021 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porch Buds, Been a really nice Spring here in N.E. Ohio.
Enjoying all the flowers, green grass and wonderful bird song.
Then last night we had a freeze warning and this morning we had
a heavy frost. Yup, its Spring all right. Lol!
I sure am enjoying all the baby lambs and calves around here
though. It seems like there's more than usual. God's way of
showing us the lighter side of life during this time!
Well, have a great evening Porches. I left you a pot of
Davidson's Sun, Moon & Stars tea. Its a yummy
blend of organic green, jasmine and oolong. It takes me back to a
visit to an Asian restaurant. Very tasty. Enjoy!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - May 17 2021 :  1:25:48 PM  Show Profile
It's porch sittin' weather . . . where is everybody? Here is the lovely view from my kitchen today . . . I LOVE Idaho.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - May 17 2021 :  7:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful Jean.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018

“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 19 2021 :  12:55:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I know, I know, I have been MIA...If someone would just tell my husband that I need more Porch Time it would be great!!!
Just when I think the Appointments for him are slowing down; last week we had at least 2 per day/every day! It is flat out doing me in.
I did manage to work in a hair cut...it had been 3 months since I was last in. It has grown long enough that I am now wearing it in a short
bob again. Most of the years I worked that is how I kept it...then I went shorter and shorter. Thought I needed a Change however. Hubby
likes it better...I think it makes me look Older even. But I guess, I will be 70 in 5 months...so, I'm no Spring Chicken any more. LOL

I finally got my Porch all put together last week but have only had one day that I was able to squeeze out a few minutes to sit out there with a cup of coffee and a book.
I love it however. Just looking at it makes me HAPPY. I am not getten a chance to walk much either...I have to get some of this Covid
weight off. The Pine Pollen is so bad right now that is keeping me inside. I walk when I go to my kids a couple time per week. But those
are usually 1-2 miles walks...not my 5 mile walks that slims me down.

Well, My Lovelies...I hope to try to get on here more. Jean your picture through your kitchen Window Looks inviting!!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 19 2021 12:59:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - May 19 2021 :  04:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!
It's been a while to be sure. I've been busy working with JT as he has no one to work with him. Business is steady at least. We aren't putting this on FB but we are in process of downsizing and selling to make a move. Our kids that were here moved south and we have one still in this state by we don't see him often and he's a few hours away. We go to closing this week on our rental property and then we are getting our place ready to sell. We are also hoping to sell the business soon. So I've been sorting and packing. So much to do I am getting done what I can now. We are planning to be in Ohio near our daughter and her family. Hoping to be a help to her with her 4. They are all between 10 and 2. We are looking to move by or in summer.

Peggy, sounds like you are busy. I know you enjoy your time with your family. I too need to work off some weight. I was doing good and then I got lazy about it so I am getting back on track.

Jean, that is a gorgeous view from your window!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 20 2021 :  4:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Love that view Jean! Would definitely be sitting on that porch with those gorgeous tulips! You even have a hummingbird feeder. Mountains and blue sky

makes me want to take a deep breath of that fresh air. lol

We've been enjoying the weather when it's not windy or raining. Sunday is supposed to be 90! To hot to soon. Going to have a BBQ for the family because of

graduation. One goes into high school and the other is getting out of high school and going into the Air Force. We have 4 graduates this year..

Where did the time go?

It's almost June. Wait...What??

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 21 2021 :  11:01:41 PM  Show Profile
In a short word... BRRRR! it's to cold and windy for me to sit out on the porch... and this weekend we have to move all furniture away from the windows... as our new windows will be installed... unless it starts raining again...lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 22 2021 :  5:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi porch buds! Good to see all the chitchat. We've been having gorgeous spring weather and I'm enjoying it.
Peg, I feel your stress girl. Since Dave retired in January, he's been doing nothing but running to docs too. I said, wait a minute, retirement means doing fun things, not doing doc appts.
He's also been doing online weight classes thru the V.A.and he's lost around 60 pounds. But with a broken foot, because of years of being overweight, and a leaky heart valve, he isn't moving much. So the fact that he's lost that much is a miracle! He just quit eating...his idea of a weight loss program(rolling eyes). Then, back at the end of March, I went out for my usual walk around the neighborhood, and woke up in the ER.I seem to remember stubbing my toe on sidewalk and I did hit my head hard enough to knock myself out and scattered my chickens(they're slowly coming back to the roost). Banged up my whole right side. Still bruised and sore and have a black eye from my sun glasses. X-Ray and c scan came back clear, but I think I broke that sidewalk. So, it's been an interesting year so far, to say the least.
We both just turned 66...is this our new norm? Yikes!!!
Jean, nice view. I'd make time every morning, with my hot cuppa something, to look at that...and BREATHE!
LIFE'S TOO SHORT-LICK THE BOWL GIRLIES!hahaha
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 22 2021 5:38:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page