Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 2. We decree, it's Jubilee!
 Happy Jubilee Weekend at our Farm!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author 2. We decree, it's Jubilee!: Previous Topic Happy Jubilee Weekend at our Farm!! Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - May 01 2020 :  1:19:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy Jubilee Weekend Farmgirls! I hope all of you have a special few days and please share here any particular ways you are celebrating. On my Jubilee Giveaway, I asked people to leave a note about how they enjoy MJF or what impact it had on their life. If you haven't read that post, check it out and see if any of the comments listed parallel what you feel as well.

Here are a few photos to share in our celebration.

This is the egg apron that was available several years ago at the online store. I purchased it and then sent to Farmgirl CeeJay Armstrong because I knew she would make it beautiful. Here sewing skills way outdid mine and she did a fantastic job.

When I first became a member of the Sisterhood, I purchased the basic necklace. On our first Jubilee, a charm was created to add, so I did that. You can also see a charm of silver wheat. The HenHouse that I belong to had a wheat sheath as the emblem until it was later changed.

Wishing everyone a happy weekend! If you wish, leave some thoughts here about your experience with MJF. We could all enjoy the sharing together over the next few days!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - May 02 2020 :  11:20:23 AM  Show Profile
Happy Jubilee!

Took a ride to our local nursery to look at more plants. I could spend hours there. I picked up 2 extra pickling cucumber plants and another tomato plant for the garden.

We'll be spending the rest of the day outside in the garden then bbq'ing some pork chops. I might see about planting some flower seeds my Mom sent me. It's a beautiful out. Probably finish up with a campfire since it's my dd (22) last night with us before she returns to work. She's been on furlough and with us for the past 6 weeks. I will surely miss her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 02 2020 :  8:38:56 PM  Show Profile
RTG... oh Winnie.. you are right,, the Egg Apron is just Adorbs!

I luv how we MJF sisters share our talents with each other...
I think the Egg apron is the only apron style I have yet to sew... silly me...

I love being a MJF gal... and I luv all my farm sisters.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  07:20:26 AM  Show Profile
Ditto katmom!

Not so much a celebratory mood here, more a recuperating mood because of a massive amount of food orders that came our way last month. But they are out the door as of a couple days ago. Phew. I spent yesterday catching up on all the daily-ness I've neglected for a few weeks and loved every minute of it.

As nightfall was setting in, I was with my cow-trough flower gardens, my kitty cat Jasper frolicking at my feet (he is without fail always with me when I garden; I think he likes it as much as I do). Anyway, enjoyed getting my lower eight tanks planted in spring garlic and need to get back out there this morning to finish that up. I had a tiny garden campfire going nearby, savoring the smell of it and the birds singing goodnight. While I could still see where to put my feet, I carried a large bouquet of flowers indoors and slept like there was finally a tomorrow!

What better way to spend Jubilee than recuperating amongst a riot of tulips and daffodils. I just want to say how much your Jubilee enthusiasm has sustained me. It's been wonderful to check in here when I had a minute and see such a good dose of normalcy and sisterhood in action.

Love you all.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  08:18:46 AM  Show Profile
So good to see you MaryJane and your flower garden is gorgeous. Coming to your Farm chatroom everyday has helped me through dark days of losing my son in 2017. Thanks for giving me a safe and welcoming place to come and visit with positive like minded women.

To celebrate our 2020 Jubilee I'm attempting to create an eggplant casserole from memory. Almost 60 years ago Wyatt's cafeteria was in Dallas. Have no idea if it's still there or not. They made the most delicious eggplant casserole and I had it everything I was there. Best I can remember it was eggplant in an cornbread dressing. Hope it turns out close to what I remember. I know nothing is ever as good as the memory.

Happy 2020 Jubilee!

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  09:33:35 AM  Show Profile
Happy Jubilee farm sisters!

MaryJane, Glad you have a minute to pop in. I'm sure you are still quite busy but so nice to see you on this Jubilee weekend! Your trough gardens are beautiful!

Sara,
Eggplant casserole sounds great. I haven't had or made it in years. Might have to remedy that soon.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  11:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Justy checking back in today and enjoying all of the sweet and comments! MaryJane, it is wonderful that life calmed down finally and you got to enjoy what makes you happy. Many are grateful to have their pantries stocked for their needs. Farmgirl Hugs to you and all of your team for their dedication and commitment to get er' done!!

Sara, in my first waitress job, we had a southern cook who made the most delicious eggplant casserole. What I remember was the saltine cracker crust and the tender eggplant. It was a patron favorite too and when he served it, sometimes there was none left after the lunch crowd for the workers to purchase some for their lunch plate. Let us know how yours turns out, and if it is yummy, I would love to have the recipe. Eggplant is one of a few vegetables that can survive the Florida summer, so it is always inexpensive and available. It would be nice to have a new way to enjoy it this Summer!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  1:39:27 PM  Show Profile
Winnie my eggplant casserole was a bust. Instead of making my own cornbread I used a mix I hadn't used before and it had way too much sugar in it. Should had tasted it before I added it to the eggplant. Too sweet and I trashed the whole thing. Next time I will make the cornbread from scratch with no sugar. Cracker crumbs with butter sounds good and I will definitely give it a try.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  5:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Sara,, I am not a big fan of Eggplant... but... if yo ever come across a Good recipe for Fried Okra.. let me know...
There use to be a cafeteria style diner back in Oxnard, CA., that made great fried Okra.. but they are since long gone..

I miss my dad,,, he made the best Mississippi fried Okra... using corn bread and fried in lard,,, yum,, healthy. not!..lol!....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  5:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Maryjane,, soo happy to see you here... and your flowers are Fabulous! They brought a smile to my face....
Hugz and Happy soon to be Birthday...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  5:56:44 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane,
Your flowers are beautiful! Time spent with a cat amongst flowers is never wasted. Thank you for creating a place for this group of awesome women.

Keep shining!
Natalie

"Ask what makes you come alive and go do it." ~Howard Thurman

Edited by - NatChap on May 03 2020 6:07:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - May 03 2020 :  5:59:12 PM  Show Profile
Grace,
Thank you for the inspiration for all things Jubilee! I check in here on the Farm every few days though I don't always comment. I appreciate all the yo-yo inspiration. You gave me so many ideas!

Keep shining!
Natalie

"Ask what makes you come alive and go do it." ~Howard Thurman

Edited by - NatChap on May 03 2020 5:59:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 06 2020 :  11:54:02 AM  Show Profile
Nat, I so agree with you,, time spent in a garden with my cat is fabulous for the spirit..
hugz to you dear farm girl sister...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  2. We decree, it's Jubilee!: Previous Topic Happy Jubilee Weekend at our Farm!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page