Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What Are You Working On Today? #2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic
Page: of 105

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  5:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Julie,, Buntings, Banners and Flags.. are such fun to make.. and oh,, now is a good time to work on a few Autumn themed ones.. Hmmm.. jusy might have to dig through my fabric stash! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I have been thinking about making a fall themed garland to go over my fireplace again. One day I will learn how to make them with sewing. As for now I’ll still with crocheted ones.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  1:46:31 PM  Show Profile
I finished my second pocket shawl and have now started on my third. The third one is a chunky yarn, so I have been making some adjustments to the pattern to make it look the same. I'm super excited to get the next shawl done and back to my Christmas projects.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  1:54:17 PM  Show Profile

That is gorgeous, Krista. Makes me wish I knew how to crochet.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  2:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Krista, that is beautiful!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2020 :  10:20:36 AM  Show Profile
I've been working on some flower hexies for a quilt

and some fingerless gloves

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Marcy on Sep 25 2020 10:22:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2020 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jean and Andrea. Yesterday, I laid out that shawl and laid the new one up to it so I could check my Measurements. Everleigh started to tell her brother that I had made it for her lol. I had to laugh and explain it wasn’t hers. So needless to say she is now asking for one. Looks like I will be making a toddler sized one next!

Marcy, your flower hexes are so cute! I can’t wait for you to share that one when your done. It’s going to be beautiful.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2020 :  7:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Krista,,, tell Everleigh that you had to make the 1st 2 for practice so that hers will be perfect! lol! and it will :>)

Marcy,,, luv luv luv your Hexi's and those fingerless gloves..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2020 :  10:27:19 AM  Show Profile
I finished my full apron for the intermediate merit badge. I'm not thrilled with it. I used a pattern from a book I have had for years. It looks more like a mens' BBQ apron. The top isn't quite wide enough and it tends to slide left or right. I'm not visiting friends or family much so just waiting for an opportunity to wear it somewhere. I have started working on my own design and need a shopping trip to pick out fabric.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  1:37:37 PM  Show Profile
Grace, that’s a great idea lol! I need to have her pick out her yarn color so I can get them ordered. Been feeling a bit under the weather lately, so I haven’t done much crocheting or crafting.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  7:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh Krista,, hope you feel better..
a nice cup of warm tea and a pair of fluffy slippers and a snuggly robe will make you feel better.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2020 :  09:53:31 AM  Show Profile
I hope you feel better soon, Krista.
Sending you big hugs,

Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2020 :  11:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Marcy -

Do you know how you are going to set them? Here's an idea for you - Bonnie Hunter appliqued her English Hand Pieced stars to strip-pieced scrappy backing of 4 squares. Send me a message and I can send you a link.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 29 2020 11:55:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2020 :  12:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Grace and Marcy. It knocked me down for about a week but I am feeling much better today. We put up all our fall and Halloween decorations, so now I’m ready to focus on crafting again.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  10:41:24 AM  Show Profile
I had a relaxing day yesterday,, sewing 'masks'' and I no sooner posted on my fb page.. I had private emails asking for them.. so I had to sew up 3 more last night, so I can get them all out in todays mail... Then this morning,, got 3 more requests..
Whooodear! thank goodness for scrap fabric... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  12:20:42 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I’m glad you are able to make masks for other people. Also your mix of different fabric styles makes it nice for others to choose from. I do have to tell you. I attempted to make a yo-yo yesterday and the whole time I was thinking of you. It turned out alright, but looks like I need a lot more practice. So I decided I would by pass that project and try something different lol. One day I’ll have to have you teach me your yo-yo ways lol!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace . . . cool project. Tell me about your pattern. It looks interesting. I make masks non-stop too and give them to everyone I know. My son lives in Reno and is a big hero there passing out masks wherever he can. I do two styles -- one is a pleated version with a pocket for inserts on the inside. The other version is using the AccuQuilt GO die for the Olson Face Mask. I have a binder full of different patterns and mask info. But so far those two are my favorite . . . always looking to improve, so tell me about yours. I have a lifetime fabric stash and even after several hundred masks, there doesn't seem to be a dent in it.
My son does work for Windy Moon Quilts in Reno and found great colored elastic and sent some to me. It's really cool for "special" masks but kind of pricey for general use.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  8:29:48 PM  Show Profile
Jean.. mine is an easy peasy pattern...

all you need is:
a 10" plate, adult size, and a 8" for child.
On back side of fabric trace around the plate.
Now put the plate back in the cupboard...
Cut out the circle,
fold the circle in 1/2 & the cut to equal 2 1/2 circles..
then fold both piece of the 1/2 circle and cut them in half. now you have 4 1/4circle-wedge.
You will now have 4 pie shape wedges.. place 2 together (RST).. and sew on the curve. do the same with the remaining 2pc.
open and iron seam as best as possible.
then sew the 2 assembled pieces together, leaving a 1 1/2" opening to turn right side out.
Iron then top stitch the mask.. then fold the 2 ends(points) about 3/4" over to inside,, stitch down and then run your elastic through there.
Easy Peasy.

FYI, if I am using a special fabric I will cut the back side out of a solid fabric and the front frothe special print.
For the kat one, I actually positioned my 1/4 circle-pie wedge on the fabric to get the cat centered in then piece., ditto with the Llamas..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  8:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh,, and I forgot to mention,, I noticed that the larger Wal-marts carry the soft rounded elastic,, on a pre-packaged card,, I think it was something like 5yds for $2.. but don't quote me on that...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2020 :  12:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Last year when the world was normal I took a workshop in Japanese boro stitching. It originated as a form of mending by layering fabrics among the poorer classes a couple hundred years ago. Now and then you have to do something different just for fun, right? I have arthritis so it took me longer than it should to finish it, not to mention that I kind of forgot about it for a month or two but it is finally done. Not sure what I'm going to do with it now, maybe frame it.
The thread in the beige center where the stencil is matched too well so the hundreds of tiny seed stitches don't show up well. It was a fun exercise in slow stitching; a good thing to do while sitting front of the tv or in the car.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2020 :  2:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That looks interesting, Judith. Nice that you stuck with it and got it done.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2020 :  3:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Judith that is beautiful!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  1:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Wow Judith! It’s beautiful. You did an amazing job.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  1:12:15 PM  Show Profile
Everyone is making such beautiful things. I started a hankie quilt in 2017 and ran out of the colors I was using. So I let it sit until this month. I am still looking for the 15 x 16 inch vintage hankies in blues and greens. If you have any please let me know.
I need 6 more.
Here is my video of the process of adding the words with embroidery stitches by hand.
https://youtu.be/e_6JXdbvShg

Farmgirl sister #308
Wallets & Travel Accessories, Tea Wallets, and Junk Journals, Face Masks too.
http://www.marketsofsunshine.store

FGOM 5/2018

Edited by - marjean on Oct 05 2020 1:14:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  10:16:29 PM  Show Profile
That's looking lovely. I'm sorry I don't have any hankies for you -- I had quite a few that I gave to my granddaughter but they weren't that big.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page