True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2021 :  10:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Theresa,,
do you still live on Jefferson? if so, I'll send you a wine boot/cozi ,, you can take it apart to see how to make it..
You'll need 4 4" sq..
put 2 together wst, then with the remaining 2 pc., fold into 2 triangles and press,, then open and place the 2 triangles rst, with the ironed seam together, stitch up about 1" at the 2 corners that are ironed, then fold back into triangles with the conjoined 2 pieces..
Then lay the joined triangles ontop of the other 2 pieces,,, sew all together,,,trim corners, then flip right side out... and voila"

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2021 :  05:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Grace, Yes I do. That would be wonderful. Thank you

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2021 :  05:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Jean, WooHoo! Can't wait to see the pic.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  10:29:41 AM  Show Profile
OK...I am such a Ditz!!! Theresa... I can't remember if I sent you the sample... so if it does not arrive by Tue.. let me know,, and I will send it to you..
This heat has turned my brain to mush!!!!
lolol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2021 :  08:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Will do Grace. I can surely understand the heat, turns my head to mush also!

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2021 :  12:34:18 PM  Show Profile
Grace, received your package today! Holy cow those are so cute, even better than the photo! I will use one for a pattern. Thank you so much, YOU ROCK

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2021 :  1:13:35 PM  Show Profile
Koolieo! glad you got them.. thanx for being patient with my temporary headedness,,, lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2021 :  10:14:42 PM  Show Profile
With the lessening of covid, classes are returning. I signed up for a little quilt group and an embroidery refresher class. So much fun to have something to look forward to again. It was 108 here today. I was outside long enough to pot three plants and water the yard. Tomorrow is projected to be 111. We are being asked to turn up the A/C, not run any appliances, and turn off the tv and lights. We are also only supposed to water twice a week due to water shortage. I guess I'll sit in the dark and meditate on keeping my garden alive.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2021 :  11:33:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh yikes Judith. Awful temps. What are you doing to stay comfortable? Fall can't get here soon enough this year.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2021 :  12:43:06 PM  Show Profile
I hate to admit it. but I'm doing as little as possible. Well, that's not exactly true. Lots of sittin' work -- sewing, daydreaming about winter, petting the cats, cool showers. Living in town means water pipes run under hot asphalt so our "cold" water is 91 degrees. One of the things I miss about living in the country where we had nice cold well water.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  1:17:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judith.. I feel for you...
I luv going outside to water my garden,, and drink (yes, I do that) from the water hose,, the water is ice cold.. thank goodness for deep wells...

We are averaging in the mid 90's up here,, and I suspect Jean is too!

Are they doing Rolling Brown Outs by you?
I remember having them in Moorpark,, some years when we would have long stretches of heat in the high 90's.

Stay cool,, maybe get a kiddie pool,, and sit in the shade with you feet soaking in it.. I actually have a galvanized wash tub that I do that with,, add a little bit of lavender E.O. and epsom salt,, and relax with a tall glass of Ice Tea and a good magazine.
>^..^<

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  2:00:28 PM  Show Profile
We are asked to cool down our houses and turn off the a/c from 5 to 8pm. Our house was built in 1950, the era of mild weather, cheap power, and no insulation. We do have some insulation up in the crawl space and have added it in two of the rooms that were remodeled but if it gets too hot before 8 then sometimes I just sit in the bathtub and read a book.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  2:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judith, how awful . . . come up to Idaho. I have a nice guest room, a/c, and a lovely studio with two sewing machines -- we can play in the cool. In the meantime watch for a cool care package that includes the little journal I promised my quiltlet pals a while back. Hang in there. Get those reusable cold packs for sprains and put them on your feet or head or whatever feels best.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  8:24:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jean. I am looking forward to next Friday -- the forecast is for 88. I may have to wear a sweater! I bought a nice little ice maker that makes the cutest ice cubes that look like hollow bullets and I have the homework from my embroidery class to keep me busy. Taco salad for dinner. I've lived in this valley for 50 years and still haven't gotten used to the heat. I snagged the books from the travelling craft box too. I think we now have the heat you all had last week.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  11:15:42 PM  Show Profile
Embroidery class homework?? Is that hand or machine embroidery?

jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  12:06:07 AM  Show Profile
Hand embroidery. I'm taking a refresher course. Discovering a few things I didn't know. You really can teach an old dog new tricks.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  03:05:10 AM  Show Profile
Judith I don't know how you can deal with that heat. I'd be melting. I have to be in the a.c. or the heat makes me sick. I was born and raised in upstate NY and I never remember it being hot like this in the summers. I'm sure it was because I was always getting sunburned and we were at the lake all summer. But the nights and early morning was always cool
It is to be 88 today with heat index of 100 again. We have had rain but it only makes it muggy. I just stay in on days like this.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  1:35:38 PM  Show Profile
We are getting a break in the heat today; right now it's 88 with a little breeze. I think the fog must be in the Bay Area. That usually cools us down a bit. I grew up in the Bay Area where 80 is a hot day and nobody needs a/c. It seems strange to me to hear you all talking about rain. We never have rain in the summer; we can go six months without any. Sometimes we get some thunder and lightening and a few sprinkles around my son's birthday - July 21st, but that hasn't happened for several years. A little rain would be most welcome about now.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  1:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Seems it never rains in Southern California.
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=seems+it+never+rains+in+southern+cal&view=detail&mid=97CA74105DF906240D7897CA74105DF906240D78&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dseems%2bit%2bnever%2brains%2bin%2bsouthern%2bcal%26cvid%3d9df2dba73e0a4245a6457df0353666c1%26aqs%3dedge.3.69i57j0l6.6735j0j1%26pglt%3d43%26FORM%3dANNTA1%26PC%3dHCTS

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  2:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judith I am so sorry you have to deal with all that and the super high temps. We hit 104 here last week and that was rough I couldn’t imagine 111. These temps and no rain have been rough. We are also on water restrictions. It’s actually kind of scary. Stay cool!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2021 :  8:34:36 PM  Show Profile
Marie,,, darn you! now I am hummming that tune in my head!!!! lol!

As for us up here in the Inland North West,, we are once again having unsual hot drought weather... and way to many fires,, Once again California, Oregon, Idaho Montana an WASH... we are all having fires.. you would think after the last 2 years of horrible fires,, there would be nothing left to burn..

The good think is, we have several Generators so we have a back up source for power,, but not enough to run the whole house..

That being said.. it's time for me to go have another tall glass of iced tea...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2021 :  10:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Once again it was bloody hot,, sew, I sewed...

I just might make a few for Christmas in Holiday print..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2021 :  12:09:16 AM  Show Profile
Hot and smoky here today too. The smoke just wipes me out. But I did work on my litt1e (4-1/2x3-1/4") journal covers today. I bought a pack of 24 blank journals on sale. So I guess everyone on my Christmas list will be getting them for Christmas. They are quick and fun to do and are made entirely in the hoop -- easy peasy. I love your Christmas swirls Grace -- too cute and they look quick and easy too. Wow -- thinking about Christmas already . . . well, actually it's SNOW that I'm craving at the moment.
Nite all . . .
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2021 :  10:04:08 AM  Show Profile
Haha! yep,, looking forward to (a reasonable amount of) snow

All I need are a couple of fat quarters, or enough assorted fabrics to cut 16 - 5" squares,,
then fold into triangles,, and then fold again into a smaller triangle.
cut out 2 - 4 1/2" circles then sew flip and litely fill with fiber fill and sew closed..
start stitching one corner of each triangle to the puff. make sure the pleated corners are all on the same side...
once they are all attached,, now sew the opposite corner down.. knot and decorate.

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jul 15 2021 9:24:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2021 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile
Grace, that swirl is neat. Are you going to hang them from your tree as well? I bet some Christmas fabrics would look great. I haven’t even started thinking about Christmas, but I guess I better if I’m going to be making things!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page