Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What Are You Working On Today? #2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic
Page: of 105

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2021 :  9:28:08 PM  Show Profile
Booties do not take very long. I can make a pair in two days. It's two day because of all the other stuff I HAVE to do.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2021 :  4:48:31 PM  Show Profile
I agree Marie! I would definitely get more crochet done if I didn’t have all the other requirements in my life lol! That’s why I’m starting so early!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  6:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Today I was working on ideas for my Recycled Denim Swap. I'd love for some of you to join in and make something for your swap partner out of a pair of old blue jeans. There are lots of recycled blue jean ideas on Pinterest.

Hopefully, no one steals a pair of their husbands to do this swap, but if you do, we won't tell anyone. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 31 2021 6:43:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  6:46:54 PM  Show Profile
Hahahaha . . . he gives them up willingly. I patch the knees till the poor legs just can't take it any more. Then if I don't turn them into cut offs for him, I get them to play with.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  6:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I know what you mean, Jean. Many of Ed's jeans are not worth making anthing out of when he gets done with them. Lots of different stains of paint, oil, or whatever.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  7:45:59 PM  Show Profile
Stains of paint, oil, whatever?! What a great canvas for patches! I'd love to work with that. Lowell does not wear jeans. I find jeans in the trash, in the street or handing on the wall where we have a free market place. I've recently found a really nice pair of small-size black jeans.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2021 :  9:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, some of the paint spattered ones would make great patches,but the oil remains oily sometimes and would be messy.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2021 :  06:44:29 AM  Show Profile
Put some glue and glitter over the oil spots or glue some other fabric (maybe embroidered with a small design) over the oil spots.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2021 :  12:38:45 PM  Show Profile
soak with a little CitraSolve and/or cover with embroidery, paint, or other artistic endeavor.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2021 :  1:21:19 PM  Show Profile
I realized that I haven’t gotten started on anything for Christmas yet. I feel like I’m so far behind lol. I know it’s only August but I’m so slow lately. I need to get my list finalized so I know what I’m making. What a crazy year so far.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2021 :  9:44:05 PM  Show Profile
I've just started thinking about Christmas, too, Krista.... feels too early, but only 4 most away... I'm thinking about a theme this year; a semi home made christmas! We'll see!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Aug 09 2021 9:44:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2021 :  12:58:40 PM  Show Profile
And the crazy part is those 4 months are just going to fly by. I know I’m making my husband a diamond painting but that’s about it. I have no clue what to make my kids. I’m open for ideas if anyone has any!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2021 :  5:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Krista -- I no longer have the pattern or I would send it to you. But many moons ago, I made a giant Hamburger and donated it to a children's library. It was awesome and so well received by the kids. It consisted of Big floor pillows and pads that when stacked together formed a great big hamburger. The kids used all the pieces at library story time. It also came with a "bag of fries" that were a big hit for soft sword fighting. Wish I still had the pattern but maybe it's out there somewhere on the net. It really was wonderful.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2021 :  6:50:49 PM  Show Profile
I have been on line most of the morning looking for a needle point to make and give for a Wedding, I am going to nephew and his will be wife in 2022 I had no luck so then I decided that I would try my hand at cross stitch but would look for one that has the picture on the canvas, only ones I found have sayings on them and since I would be new at this I thought it would be easer to make one with out the words. Well NO luck.

If anyone knows a web site I could try, I would be very happy.

Farmgirl #5766
Sheila

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2021 :  7:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Sheila -- try needlepoint.com. I noticed they had some Christmas designs.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  10:02:41 AM  Show Profile
Krista -- not much luck searching for "Giant Hamburger Pillow". However when I tried "Cheeseburger Floor Pillow Pattern" I was jazzed when I came across this crochet pattern.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/186093862/crocheted-cheeseburger-ottoman-pattern
I think there is also a floor cushion version but didn't have time to search more right now.

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Aug 12 2021 10:11:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2021 :  10:04:38 AM  Show Profile
That is an amazing pattern. It would take a large amount of yarn. I would see this as a real challenge.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2021 :  1:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Jean, that is awesome! My kids would definitely get a kick out of that, but to be honest I wouldn’t be able to get that done before Christmas lol! I need something a bit smaller. I am going to hang onto the pattern though!

Sheila, I hope you can find one that will work perfect for you.

I am about done with the crochet wall hanging. Just a few more finishing touches and we shall see how it looks! I really hope my brother likes it.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  08:29:54 AM  Show Profile
Jean & Krista -That burger is amazing!!!! I bet you'd have a hard time hiding it from the kids though LOL!!!! Here's my idea - A while ago I found these little wooden chests at Hobby Lobby in the unfinished wood section. I painted one pink with white trim for my niece and one red with white trim for my nephew. Then I painted "Paige's treasure chest" and "Jesse's treasure chest" on them. I can't remember what I put in them for Christmas - probably some chapstick and candy. They loved them! My niece cried when the hinge broke on hers and her dad had to fix it for her. My nephew told me he still has his (he just turned 20!).

I've been so busy outside I haven't been crafting in a while. Here's an apron I made for a swap in June:

I made some fabric baskets for my nephew's birthday but I must not have the pictures uploaded on the computer yet since I can't find them.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  11:18:31 AM  Show Profile
Oppressive heat and smoke are keeping me inside 24/7. So I decided to finally fire up the Stitching Cosmos class I purchased a while back. Working on lesson 2 (of 10) today. And already I have learned so much. Here's a wonderful tip for y'all that was worth the price of the class all by itself. . . Make a Stitch Book. What, pray tell is a Stitch Book, you ask?. Well, you know all the fancy stitches on your sewing machine . . . most of which you probably have never used. Well prepare a stack of solid fabric each with 2 layers of stabilizer. Then sew a line of each stitch, label with fabric marking pen, put into clear sleeves and store in a binder. Just having actually sewn each one and being able to look through them, I bet you find yourself using them more. I know I sure did. Is it a lot of work? Yes! Is it worth it? Absolutely!
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Aug 14 2021 11:22:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6391 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6391 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  11:28:05 AM  Show Profile

I am real sorry y’all are having the oppressive heat and hope it cools down soon for you.
It it nice to see what everyone is working on to stay out of the heat but stay busy.
I am working on my August Round ATC. I found it to be a bit of a challenge but I figured everything out, and I think it looks pretty good. I hope Rebecca likes it!
Well, back to work to finish it up.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Aug 14 2021 11:30:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  11:48:27 AM  Show Profile
Jean -- I did that when I first got my Bernina and almost immediately found a practical use for it. There is a window by my head in our trailer that lets the sun shine directly on my face so I pinned it there to act as a blackout curtain. Works great.
Debbie --Love your round card but you may have to add more chairs.....

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  04:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Jean, That foot stool is way too cute. Makes me wish I knew how to crochet

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  04:15:22 AM  Show Profile
Heather, Love that apron. I gotta try making one

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  11:06:54 AM  Show Profile
Heather - Adorable apron. Debbie - I love the round ATC. Very different. Theresa - I hear you. I never learned to crochet. The version I made was from fabric and was a pile of quilted pads and pillows. It was a lot of work too but just an awesome result. Wish I still had that pattern. I especially liked the onion slice. It was a big round piece of white on white fabric with decorative stitching and a wide satin outline all done in purple concentric circles -- too cute.

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page