Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What Are You Working On Today? #2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic
Page: of 105

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - May 31 2022 :  10:42:18 AM  Show Profile
Karen, your quilt top is beautiful! I love the design and the colors feel cozy and Fall like. Vanessa, I have never seen a neat sewing basket like a piece of furniture. What a beauty that is!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - May 31 2022 :  8:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Karen, that is beautiful!

Will you be hand stitching the quilting part of the quilt, and if so, how do you that, will you share? Or, do you have a quilting machine that does that?

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2022 :  03:25:14 AM  Show Profile
Karen, Love your quilt top!
I have a Bosch iron. Great iron and not too pricey.

I also have this one for my crafting. Smaller projects. I found it on Amazon here. https://www.amazon.com/Steamfast-SF-717-Non-Stick-Soleplate-Anti-Slip/dp/B001DTHPEQ/ref=sr_1_29?crid=2CDUTHNOWWS6P&keywords=bosch+iron+for+clothes&qid=1654079280&sprefix=bosch+iron+%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-29

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 01 2022 03:29:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2022 :  09:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Great quilt top, Karen.

I use a Rowenta iron - I think I got it on sale at JoAnns. There are many different models.

I also have the same small iron that Denise has; I got it on sale at WalMart several years ago.

Last year I purchased a vintage Fostoria iron in the original box at an antique shop. Several of my friends use these for ironing quilt squares.

Many quilters like the older non-steam irons they can find inexpensively at thrift shops; they do not use the steam setting on their steam irons and, instead, use a spray bottle of water on hand.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 01 2022 10:40:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2022 :  10:43:33 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have 5 quilts with the binding machine sewed on and ready for hand sewing. Three of those are Christmas quilts. I also have several that still need me to make the binding; the fabric is with the quilt, just needs to be cut. I guess when the weather cools, I can keep warm while doing the hand sewing. LOL! One of them is already on my bed - not the first time I've used a quilt before the binding was finished. LOL! And probably not the last.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 01 2022 10:54:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2022 :  2:33:44 PM  Show Profile
Haha Linda -- I too have been known to put "almost" finished quilts on my bed. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Took a break from class today to work on birthday gifts for my sister-in-law. Her mother passed away last week so she is feeling very down right now and I wanted to do something special for her. One of her passions besides her family and church work is cooking. So I decided to send her gift to include an apron (next embroidery project), two embroidered/appliqued dishtowels

(shown here) along with a handcrafted rolling pin beautifully made by a local artisan here in Deary. Hopefully this will bring a little cheer into her world when she needs it.
hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2022 :  2:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Very cute towels, Jean! So sorry to hear she lost her mother. I'm sure this gift will send her a little cheer.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2022 :  3:20:07 PM  Show Profile
Jean, those are SO cute!!!! And very thoughtful :)

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2022 :  10:22:03 AM  Show Profile
Cute towels
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2022 :  6:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the iron suggestions, girls.

April, I will be tying this one. I may try my hand at hand quilting one in the future though.

I made a goal for myself to finish at least 4 quilts from my stash in 2022. I have 15 tops in various stages of completion. Yikes!!! On a funny side note, I realized that all these tops were sewn at least 20 years ago…doesn’t that make the fabric vintage??? Hahaha

Karen :)
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2022 :  8:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have a wedding present quilt to make for my nephew and his wife - they were married in a small family celebration in September and are having a wedding renewal this coming September 24 in California. I need to finish it by then to take with us. According to my sister, my niece and her boyfriend have started looking at rings, so that will be another wedding coming up soon - another trip to California and another quilt. LOL!

Karen - I have quite a few quitl tops that I need to put borders on and get to my long arm quilter. I am trying to whittle down my UFOs, however, then I need to figure out what to do with all of the quilts. I have 3 beds here, and, like the Amish, I can put multiple quilts on the 2 guest room beds to keep them flat. One of the beds has 6 quilts on it right now. If I have guests coming and need the room I need to pack up and store those quilts. Hmmmm - where will I put them? LOL!

Tonight I spent almost $100 on fabric - one piece is backing for a quilt I finished from fabric my cousin had cut out and didn't get made before she passed away. This quilt will go to the longarm quilter next Thursday and when I get it back and add the binding I will send it along with 1 or 2 other quilts I finished to my cousin's daughter in California. I still have quite a bit of my cousin's fabrics and several other quilts she had started. These are not my style of quilting and I keep putting them off - I have enough of my own projects to finish. The year after she passed away I finished 6 quilts and sent them off for her husband, daughter, and 4 grandkids for Christmas.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 03 2022 07:58:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2022 :  9:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Linda, what a sweet thing to do for her family. They will cherish them, I’m sure.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2022 :  07:50:11 AM  Show Profile
Jean, Sorry to hear of your sister in law's loss. I'm sure these will help to cheer her.

Linda, what a thoughtful thing to do for your cousin's family.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2022 :  08:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Karen, YES!! Nothing better than vintage fabric - I'm sure they will be beautiful and already one of a kind.

Linda, Nothing more special than hand made quilts as gifts for your cousins husband and family, I hope they adored them. I know I would.

Jean, So thoughtful to send an apron and matching towels to your sister in law - they are beautiful, I'm sure she will love them and appreciated you thinking of her during her time of loss. My sincere condolences to her.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2022 :  1:27:52 PM  Show Profile
I have started on a crocheted 4th of July decorative pillow. At my rate I won't finish before then, but that's okay. American flag decorations can really be used all year long!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2022 :  3:45:19 PM  Show Profile
Krista, you are very talented, such perfect stitches!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2022 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Krista,, I can hardly wait to see the finished project.. luv your crocheting skills...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2022 :  1:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you April.

Grace, you and me both lol! I keep sneaking in a few stitches here and there.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2022 :  5:45:18 PM  Show Profile

A friend and I went together to make an "Eye Spy" quilt for a baby shower. We both worked on the blocks, she joined them together, it was quilted by a friend who has a quilting business, and I did the binding.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2022 :  6:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Very pretty quilt.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2022 :  6:24:10 PM  Show Profile
beautiful quilt Vannessa. Fantastic job.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  09:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, lovely quilt and it has a wonderful story behind it. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http:www.carolesquiltingetc.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  10:23:16 AM  Show Profile
Nice quilt Vanessa. It must have been fun making it with your friend.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  1:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I love that idea! Your quilt turned out lovely. Making things with friends makes it that much more memorable.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  2:08:32 PM  Show Profile
What a delightful baby quilt. And, you must have had such fun making it with a friend. A very special and meaningful gift Vanessa.
hugs,
jean
p.s. I just slathered my hands in your hand/foot butter -- smells sooooooo wonderful and makes my hands feel soft as velvet.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page