Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What Are You Working On Today? #2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic
Page: of 106

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2023 :  10:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Sisterhood! I can tell you how lucky you are to have a space to set up in. I won't even show my space such as it is. Very cramped, crowded and unorganized. Someday . . .

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2023 :  5:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My DH and I have been on the road to Indiana and Michigan for 2 weeks now. I brought yarn and knitting and crohet needles with me (and bought some more here) and have made 2 smallish crocheted bags, finished 2 knitted cowls (except for adding buttons to one and sewing the ends together for the 2nd), am working on a crocheted cowl, and got yarn at a small "booth-type" shop for some more crocheted scrubbies ($3 for 4 new skeins that usually cost over $3 each). Still have yarn for 1 or 2 more cowls.

Here is a picture of the 2 crocheted bags. I got the pattern from MJF farmgirl Hannah Frankowski (GinnyBelle) in West Lafayette, IN, when we met a few weeks ago. I've attached a picture of us, too, in front of their garden. Ed and I and a friend of Ed's stopped in to say "Howdy" and meet in person. I love meeting farmgirls when we are in the area, and I invite any farmgirls who visit near me in Texas to do the same.

I'll post pix of the cowls when completed.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month
August 2015, April 2017 and June 2023

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 30 2023 5:57:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

764 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
764 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2023 :  6:11:10 PM  Show Profile
I’m hoping that Brad and I will be able to travel like this one of these days….and take my knitting along with me:)
How nice that you and Hannah got to meet up!!! The corn in the background is impressive!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2023 :  6:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have to work on something while we are gone, and crochet and knitting is the easiest. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9261 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9261 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2023 :  06:05:43 AM  Show Profile
What a sweet pin cushion! Love that.
I understand about out of sight out of mind, I too deal with the adhd brain and so I have been working on some upgrades to my crafting area. I can put things in drawers and such, (out in plain sight is better) but, I have to label them. I love to organize and feel like I do that more than I actually do any of my crafts anymore. But having everything have a place motivates me to play in my craft areas.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2023 :  06:49:27 AM  Show Profile
I take knitting or crochet with me on business trips, even though I am the only one knitting on the plane while everyone else is on their computer lol. I found it keeps me calm on the flight and doesn't make me woozy, unlike reading or typing. It's also a great way to wind down at the end of the business day (instead of happy hour).

Thanks for the compliment on my pin cushion. It's not as goofy as I wanted and it's not perfectly domed on top, but it definitely matches my aesthetic. I'll post pictures of the craft room overhaul once complete!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2023 :  2:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, your scarecrow is adorable! He will look perfect hanging on your wall.

Linda, your bags are cute. You have been staying busy on your trip. Have fun.

Shennandoah, your pin cushion is so cute. You did a great job. And your craft room is coming along great. I also wish I had a craft room. I have a craft closet lol! One day I will build me a she shed!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2210 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2210 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2023 :  1:56:43 PM  Show Profile

I've gotten the borders around the peacock and figured out how to sew the side panels. Now to work on the top and bottom.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

183 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
183 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2023 :  2:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, your quilt is soooo pretty! Great job. As soon as I finish all of the needlepoint stockings (4 more to go) I have been working on I am getting back to my quilting.

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2023 :  08:15:01 AM  Show Profile
I finally finished my scarecrow quilt hanging and put it up in my LogCabin room. It inspired me to get out my other scarecrow things and create what I now call The Scarecrow Village! LOL!! It sits on the mantle of my faux fireplace against the wall.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2023 :  12:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, that is so very pretty!

Winnie, I love your scarecrow wall hanging! Your room really looks ready for fall.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2023 :  4:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank-you all for your kind comments! It is a happy graphic for sure!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2023 :  2:35:22 PM  Show Profile
I got most of the craft room set up! I transformed the ugly built in desk and an old bench I had into a cozy little sewing nook. I have some red fabric to make a valance and got some more coordinated pieces to put in hoops for decor on the left hand side. I also managed to find this little "shadowbox" at the thrift store for fifty cents and painted it to house my ceramic thimble collection. I got popsicle sticks from dollar tree and wrapped ribbon around them and some dollar tree bins for my projects to complete. It's taking shape!!

Edited by - shennandoah on Aug 20 2023 2:38:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2210 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2210 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2023 :  6:41:19 PM  Show Profile
That's a nice compact space! Your thimbles contrast nicely in the shadowbox.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2023 :  7:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Your space is coming along, Shennanhoah! Nice thimble collection. I have over 100 thimbles I have been trying to find a nice case for; I found one on eBay a year ago but first need to find a place to hang it.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4125 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4125 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2023 :  02:40:07 AM  Show Profile
Nice sewing area, enjoy!!

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

shennandoah
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Shennandoah
La Vernia TX
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2023 :  07:49:10 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! I also found a vintage (maybe even antique now) maple rocking chair to use as my knitting and needlework chair. My mom is going to teach me how to do a zippered cushion this weekend so I can have a comfy seat (and earn another badge). I've had those thimbles since elementary. They were my mother's but I kept begging her for them. I've never had a good place to keep them.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2023 :  10:23:19 AM  Show Profile
Shenandoah, your new sewing space is looking so nice! What a trans formation you have made. I love your thimbles collection too. It is perfect for your sewing nook!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1133 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1133 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2023 :  12:50:25 PM  Show Profile
Shenandoah I love what you have done with your space!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2023 :  1:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I found a picture of a hard-to-describe quilted vest/wrap? thing on line and haven't seen it again and can't find a pattern for it. Yesterday I worked on it and I think I figured out a pattern for it. I want to make it out of a cutter quilt I have, but first I need to make it out of denim to make sure the pattern works.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month

Edited by - quiltee on Aug 21 2023 1:13:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2023 :  6:39:58 PM  Show Profile
Shenandoah, your sewing space is coming along great. You are going to love your new space. Your thimble display is also really neat.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2023 :  10:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Working on quilts for the survivors In Lahaina, Maui. O'ahu is my home but I felt the pain of Hawaii losing such a historical site, people lost, jobs, homes, everything.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2023 :  1:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Sylvia, that is so sweet of you. Those quilts will really mean so much to everyone. It's such a sad situation.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

criley
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Connie
Eldon MO
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2023 :  1:30:22 PM  Show Profile
Shennandoah, I would think it is wonderful sitting at your sewing space with the nice window lighting! Perfect little nook!

quiltee Linda, be sure to post the vest when you finish. I'd even like to see the one made of denim!

Cissik Sylvia, your quilts will be a blessing to those in Lahaina. They have been to he## and back and a quilt will give them something to hug. You are a blessing.

I am working on a diamond painting kit of the planets. Lots of dark blues and blacks due to the background of the universe so it is making my eyes tired. Really need to get a brighter light!

Coni

Farmgirl Sister #4938
Livin' the Life of Riley
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2023 :  1:55:21 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I have one of those diamond painting lights that you lay your diamond painting on. They work great! One of those may make a huge difference for your eyes.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 106 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page