TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  09:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Our President's younger brother has passed away. Please remember him and his family members in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.

Edited by - TexasGran on Aug 16 2020 09:13:22 AM

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4332 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4332 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  09:17:04 AM  Show Profile
I pray everyday for him, his family and our administrators in office!! Despite whether anyone likes him or not, NO ONE in office should ever, EVER go through the hell he and his family have gone through. Now this, God be with them in every way. :(

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  09:48:21 AM  Show Profile
Me, too. I pray for him. I pray God blesses his brother's soul with Open Arms and Loving Welcome into the Joy-filled Everlasting, and I pray God help all of his loved ones through this most painful and difficult time of separation. Suffering a loss like this, especially in this time of Covid, where we are unable to be with our loved ones, especially those who live in hot spots.. ugh... heartbreaking and mind-blowing. And then to be President and know that you do have the power to override rules and be there, but that your commitment to the country, and keeping yourself healthy to meet that commitment, must absolutely outweigh and override your desire and the risk to be with your brother, when he is leaving this world... We live in horrific times. We all have terrible decisions to make and we all have terrible situations to face in our personal lives. This isn't nor should it be a heartless political moment. It's a moment of mercy and compassion for human beings who are hurting immensely. God help him and his loved ones who are suffering.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 16 2020 09:59:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4332 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4332 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  09:53:18 AM  Show Profile
Amen and amen Nini

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2020 :  1:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I Pray for him and his family, at this sorrowful time and always! He said he will see his brother again! Christians know what that means! To those that say he's not a Christian, I would say, " Judge not that ye be judged." It blows my mind that people are filled with so much hate about everything and everyone that has a different opinion! Come, Lord Jesus!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  6:09:17 PM  Show Profile
Sincerely praying for him---yes he will see his brother again for he is a true man of God. I believe he is doing God's will for sure and we just have to trust.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2020 :  8:36:29 PM  Show Profile
Please, please, please, end this topic string or remove it immediately! There are more then enough political news outlets and views out in the world that we don't need to do it here on Mary Jane Farms too. Let's keep the MJF Chat Forums to farm, garden, kitchen, craft and health subject and projects.

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2020 :  01:00:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Jana... Please dont mistake prayer for the leader of our country with politics, dear sister. This is just a time for kindness and compassion to the President who is suffering the loss of his brother and best friend. And my words, especially, were just airing my thoughts as to what it must be like to be in his position and lose someone so close to him, thats all. Nothing more. It is a long standing tradition in America to pray for our leaders and people (and in the world, for that matter) in times of crisis and suffering. Think of the Kennedys (President John, brother Robert, Senator Ted) or President Reagan, when he was shot. Think of the Colorado shootings or Newtown....or Gabby Gifford... Or President Bush II when he lost his father. Think of when that one politician was shot playing baseball (sorry, its late and I cant remember his name). The little kid who fell in a well.. Or 9/11... The nation prayed. And we farmgirls also have prayed for everyone over the years as the need arose - be they politicians, world leaders, people throughout the world in crisis, famous people, etc. It is a beautiful act of mercy and compassion... And even, sometimes, of charity. We would NEVER press politics OR religion on any of our sisters, because that's just not who any of us farmgirls are. But when people are suffering, we farmgirls of faith pray; and there have been many, many calls for farmgirl prayer over the years. Not everyone prays, that's ok. Not everyone agrees, that's ok, too. And not everyone likes the person or country for whom we pray - no judgment here. We never would push it on you or anyone else to do anything you were not comfortable with. I think Marilyn was just reaching out for a general call to prayer for the President in his time of grief. Thats a kind thing, not a political thing. I would and do pray for anyone in their time of suffering. And faith, kindness and compassion - especially FARMGIRL faith, kindness and compassion - has no bounds. Its ok if you dont want to pray. But please see it for what it is. Not everything comes down to politics, truly. Although today, especially during an election cycle like the current one, it sure can seem that way. I get that, believe me. But, truly, this is just not one of those political things. I hope this helps set your mind at ease. God bless you, sister. Peace. Peace. Peace.

Love and Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic President Trump Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page