katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  2:47:01 PM  Show Profile
Well Phooey... we decided to put the Aristocrat back into the barn...
Weather report is for rain and winds tonight and tomorrow.. so we packed up 'the camp site' and put everything in the barn.
At least our barn is big enough to house the motorhome, and both trailers.. and all three are plugged in so we have power in them. The cool part is, we somehow manage to get TV reception in the motorhome inside the barn! and hubby and I have taken Ginger the Wonder Pup out there with us to kick back and watch TV on occasion..
So, should we get a wild hair,, and want to camp in the dark of Winter we can..
Just still a bit bummed that we never got to take either trailer or the motorhome out camping... oh well, there is next year!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2020 :  12:37:44 PM  Show Profile
It truly has been such an off year. We had so many plans to go camping ourselves and never went. I think you should camp in it even though it’s parked. I bet the rain storm will sound wonderful being out there in a camper! And on the plus side you will stay super dry! Ginger is so spoiled and lucky to have you guys!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2020 :  7:28:49 PM  Show Profile
Krista,, trust me,, I would not mind 'camping' out in the Barn.. room enough to BBQ, and sit out.. then go into the trailer or motorhome and chillax in front of the TV.. That is the nice thing about having electricity out in the Barn as well as good lighting..

As for tonight, it is off and on rain with both lightning and thunder,, so hubby and I BBQ burgers, with fresh 'maters and onions from the garden.. YUM!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2020 :  08:23:22 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I think your barn full of campers sounds like a tiny campground already. The good part is that you can pick which camper to enjoy at any time!@! This long stay at home year has me wishing I had some other building on my property that I could glam up and use just to feel like I was in a different place. The porch is open so rain and MOSQUITOES can really take the sparkle out of the plans sometimes to be out there for any extended length of time. I vote for the "date night out" in the big camper with a grilled meal and movie night to follow!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  12:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Winnie,,lucky us,, this year, we had minimal 'skeeters and wasp/hornets.. probably because it was a very late and slow, not to mention, short summer here for us.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Aristocrat in back in the Barn., Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page