Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  10:34:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,

When do you take your decorations down? I do not want to undecorate this year. We are enjoying the festive and cozy so much. I will say my real tree is looking a bit tired, so that will go first. I think I will leave the bottle brush trees that are not covered in balls out until February or so. I think that they can be “winter” decor. I also have some little skaters and a polar bear candle I will leave out that my best friend gave me once for winter decor. Are you done with holiday festive or sad to see it go? I won’t take anything down until after New Year’s.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  10:49:40 AM  Show Profile
Nicole I no longer decorate for the holidays. I decorate for the seasons and mostly on my front porch. The wool applique mittens I made for the front door and a mitten banner for bench will stay up until spring. Within a week of decorations inside I find I tire of them so I'm happier with them on the porch.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  10:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
My tree (artificial) stays up until January 6th. Many of the little things I leave up through January. Many of my decorations I am slowly passing on to my children and grandchildren as they leave home and establish their own homes. I have so many and never put them all out anymore. It is fun to share with them.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  10:57:25 AM  Show Profile

I don't want to undecorate either. I have enjoyed my little tree and have added many homespun decorations, I just hate to take it down. I think that I will wait until Ephinany and just enjoy the "moment". Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  11:55:44 AM  Show Profile
We leave our tree and things up until after New Year's day.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  1:16:29 PM  Show Profile
We always leave our stuff up until after New Years, but I think we will be taking stuff down on New Year’s Day or the day after. We put our decorations up early this year so I feel they have been up long enough. My kids have even stopped plugging in the tree lol so I think they feel the same way. I will put up my winter decorations once I take Christmas down.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  09:14:53 AM  Show Profile
My solution to not wanting to take down the Christmas decorations is to keep my little fake tree decorated all year round by each season. It lives in a corner of our family room and I enjoy the lights every day. When my children were little, we never took our decorations down until after we celebrated Epiphany on January 6. My poor tree was already dried out this year when I got it so I will take it down this weekend out of safety. It is a fire starter at this point! My feeling about when to take stuff down is to do what you want to do. I have known folks who have a little area of their house that always has Christmas decor. They love decorating every year and fill up their homes with several trees and equally decorate their yards. I say, there are no rules. Just do what makes you happy! There are many people out there who feel the same way and solved the problem by incorporating a year round area to enjoy.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  1:49:44 PM  Show Profile
I like to leave winter things out until March---like snowmen And winter looking things. Santa goes away early. I like to leave up the clear lights and things all winter. It brightens winter for us to have the lights. Christmas is a season of light and love and hope----might as well enjoy it the whole winter.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  6:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I love your idea of a year round tree! I have seen one in our local newspaper office. So cute, Valentines day, Easter, July 4th, Halloween...each season it is done up differently. I will leave my little snowflake lights in the vintage oven until spring, then switch those out for the flowers that stayed in until fall. I like twinkly lights, so cozy!

Tree will come down soon in the next few days- the real one is dried out and was put up before Thanksgiving.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic I don’t want to undecorate! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic