Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 How do you display your merit badges?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic How do you display your merit badges? Next Topic  

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  10:50:25 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Has anyone made a quilt to display their merit badges? I am trying to put together a quilt with military patches and need some good ideas. There are about 50 patches, embroidered and ready to put on display on a vest or quilt. Thank you.

nancyellis54
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Nancy
Sweet Home OR
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2021 :  4:57:31 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone has posted pictures of how they display their merit badges. I would love to see some because I need some inspiration.

Nancy Ellis
Go to Top of Page

KyriaRae
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Kyria
Carthage Texas
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2021 :  11:08:16 AM  Show Profile
I've been wondering this myself. There are so many that a quilt is a logical choice. I will probably do that at some point, but right now I'm starting with the little jewelry charms.

"The first rule of growth is that you can never rise above the opinion of yourself." Peter Sage
Go to Top of Page

tigger9777
Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader & Guru / FG Guide

152 Posts

Candy
Oakley CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2021 :  6:56:08 PM  Show Profile
This idea is from Rea #8284, we cut chicken wire and fit into a frame. We copy the merit badge pictures from the binder - lay out 12 to a page then color and cut out. We ordered key chains from Amazon and as you earn a badge, put it in the keychain and hang it on the chicken wire. On the back of the key chain, you can write the dates you earned Beginner, Intermediate and Expert levels.
Go to Top of Page

aidanm
Chapter Leader

25 Posts

Aidan
CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  08:39:07 AM  Show Profile
I actually have a jean jacket that I try to trace the badge onto fabric and then sew around in different colors for each level I earn. I'm not very artistic so they come out varied but it was my play on scouting vests.

Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2020 - Bibliophile & Blogger - Sister #7664
Go to Top of Page

tigger9777
Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader & Guru / FG Guide

152 Posts

Candy
Oakley CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2022 :  7:26:15 PM  Show Profile
We photocopy the images out of the merit badge book About 12 per page. Then we color them when we earn them. On the back side you can write the dates you earned beginner, intermediate, and expert levels. Then we hang them on chicken wire and put it in a picture frame. We bought key chains off of Amazon.
The idea was from one of our chapter members: Brentwood Farm Girl, Rea Nakanishi # 8284.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  12:19:11 PM  Show Profile
I have embroidered them to put on an apron or I've been thinking about maybe a quilt with them embroidered onto squares.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  1:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Candy, that is a neat way to display your badges. I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltingbea
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

bea
gretna va
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  9:41:38 PM  Show Profile

Here is how I display my badges on a quilted wall hanging

Quiltingbea
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic How do you display your merit badges? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page