1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2021 :  4:15:13 PM  Show Profile
WD40 Hacks. Who knew. LOL Me

Remove Tight Jewelry
Ring too tight? A quick spray of WD-40 will help you slide it right off your finger

Remove ‘Paint Rub’ From Another Car
You return to your parked car to find that while you were gone, another vehicle got a bit too close for comfort. Luckily there’s no dent, but now your car has a blotch of “paint rub” from the other car on it. To remove paint-rub stains on your car and restore its original finish, spray the affected area with WD-40, wait a few seconds, then wipe with a clean rag.

Remove a Paint Smudge
When you find a paint smudge on your car — say from a rogue shopping cart in the parking lot — spray the area with WD-40 and wipe with a clean rag. It will remove the smudge

Loosen a Zipper
That stubborn jacket zipper doesn’t stand a chance against WD-40. Just spray some directly on the zipper and move the pull up and down the teeth a few times

Remove Floor Scuff Marks
If mopping doesn’t remove scuff marks from the floor, try spraying some WD-40 on the marks and then wipe them away. The lubricant shouldn’t harm the floor, but test in an inconspicuous place if you’re concerned.

Fix Squeaky Hinges
Nothing can be more irritating than a squeaky hinge on a door. Apply some WD-40, rotate it back and forth, and the squeak should vanish.

Clean Carpet Stains
Don’t let ink or other stains ruin your fine carpet. Spray the stain with WD-40, wait a minute or two, and then use your regular carpet cleaner or gently cleanse with a sponge and warm, soapy water. Continue until the stain is completely gone.

Keep Wooden Tool Handles Splinter Free

No tools can last forever, but you can prolong the life of your wood-handled tools if you keep them from splintering. Just rub a generous amount of WD-40 into the wood. It shields the wood from moisture and other corrosive elements and keep it smooth and splinter-free for the life of the tool. Here’s another way to renew wooden tool handles.

Prevent Snow Buildup on Windows

Does the weather forecast predict a big winter snowstorm? You can’t stop the snow from falling, but you can prevent it from building up on your house’s windows with these genius WD-40 uses. Just spray WD-40 over the outside of your windows before the snow starts and the snow won’t stick

Waterproof Shoes and Boots
If it’s wet outside, give the tops and sides of your shoes or boots a coat of WD-40 before you head out the door. WD-40 acts as a barrier so moisture can’t seep into your shoes and get your socks wet

Keep Squirrels Away from Bird Feeders
It happens all the time: Just as you fill your bird feeder with seed, the squirrels get into it and eat it all before the birds have a chance. Next time you fill up the feeder, just spray a good coat of WD-40 on top of the feeder and pole and those rodents will slip right off.

Get Rid of Sticky Residue
Remove the residue left behind by stickers, tape and labels. Just spray with WD-40, wait about a minute then wipe the residue away with a cloth.

Clean Oil Spots
If there’s an ugly oil spot on your garage floor or the driveway, give the spot a good coat with WD-40 then hose it down. The spot should disappear once the water dries.

Keep Dead Bugs Off Car Grille

It’s bad enough that your car grille and hood get splattered with bugs every time you drive down the interstate, but do they have to be so darn tough to scrape off? The answer is no. Just spray some WD-40 on the grille and hood before going for a drive and most of the critters will slide right off. The few bugs left will be easy to wipe off later without damaging your car’s finish

Clean the Toilet
Remove lime stains from the toilet bowl by spraying in some WD-40. Then just scrub with a toilet brush and flush.

Get Rid of Sticky Fingers
Next time you’re working on a project and accidentally get some super glue stuck to your fingers, just spray the area with WD-40. The sticky glue will come off when you rub your hands together.

there so many more but these are tried and true..

All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes

Deborah
jersey farmgirl

Edited by - debtea2 on Mar 12 2021 03:40:27 AM

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4099 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4099 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2021 :  03:04:19 AM  Show Profile
Interesting ideas for sure!!

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  6:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Another thank you, Deborah! I knew WD40 was handy but many of these ideas are new - will use and pass on to the hubs as well!! Thanks for sharing!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

UncorkedCowgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

TERESA
BENTON CITY WA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2021 :  08:21:11 AM  Show Profile
detangler for horse manes and tails, too!

Uncorked Cowgirl
No goats, no glory!
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic WD-40 Hacks Who knew. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page