Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 2. We decree, it's Jubilee!
 Red Tractor Girl's Jubilee Giveaway-WINNER!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author 2. We decree, it's Jubilee!: Previous Topic Red Tractor Girl's Jubilee Giveaway-WINNER!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  11:03:12 AM  Show Profile
You all know how I love to create a giveaway for our celebrations here at MJF and the Jubilee celebration is no exception. Since MaryJane is offering a copy of her Outpost book, I am keeping my giveaway in the same theme.

If you would love to toss your name in the basket for a chance, please post below and leave a quick note of your favorite snacks to take for an outdoor event that you would have in your own backyard. This could be a family gathering, an evening with a few friends, a morning coffee on the porch, or just a backyard party for a birthday. Outdoor experiences come in all sizes and complexities. But, yummy foods that provide energy and smiles are always welcomed.

My giveaway is running from Today through April 23. On April 24, I will also be drawing a winner and posting the name here.

Let's hear about those backyard favorites!!

I am excited to announce the winner of my Jubilee Giveaway. The winner is Andrea, AndreaPA, from Pennsylvania, Congratulations Andrea and I hope you enjoy the things I put together for our Jubilee fun!! Please send me your mailing information ASAP so I can get your package in the mail.

Thank-you everyone for joining in the fun and I hope you all have a some Jubilee fun next weekend!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Apr 24 2021 08:45:57 AM

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:35:53 PM  Show Profile
When we have outdoor events here it's usually a cookout and I'm tasked with one of 2 things - Grandma's macaroni salad or dessert. A lot of time the dessert comes with homemade ice cream in the summer. (Requests have already been made for mother's day and Memorial day LOL). One of my favorites though is marshmallows toasted on a fire. Everyone else usually makes smores but I LOVE the marshmallows by themselves :) Can't wait to hear what everyone else does!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  3:32:51 PM  Show Profile
Winnie thanks for hosting this fun giveaway and please put my name in the basket. These days my favorite outdoor snack is a glass of Merlot and cheese n/ crackers out on my side porch in the late evening as the sun is going down. If I'm lucky I may catch a glimpse of the owl as he flies out of his tree for a night of hunting.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  7:36:09 PM  Show Profile
hmmm, does Wine count as a favorite snack??? LOL!
Actually,, I Luv Hummus and rice crackers...and if that is not accessable then good old fashion French onion-sour cream dip and ruffley type potato chips.. not the healthist choice but oh so yummy!

Sara,,, I'll be right over,, with my wine glass in hand!!! LOL!

Winnie, thanx for hosting a fun Give-away,,

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  10:52:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh! What FUN , Winnie!!! Thank you for hosting this! I just want everyone's recipes and favorite wine recommendations! LOL!

My favorite snack to bring to parties and gatherings is pizza dip! You spread cream cheese all over the bottom of your favorite pizza pan. On top of that, you add a layer of pizza sauce. Next add shredded mozzarella, sliced pepperoni and whatever other toppings you'd like - minced onion, minced peppers, chopped olives - you name it (I usually keep it to just pepperoni). Finally, take a stack or two of Ritz Crackers, and slide them in on a diagonal under the outer layer of the dip "pizza" so they kind of layer half a cracker over the last one, all around the edge to form a pretty and an easily pull-out-able and dip-able pizza "crust"! I usually bring a spreader, too, just to make things easy. It is hands-down the party favorite - often requested!

I also love making home-made ice cream cake! Using a large cake pan (mine is glass), I spread softened chocolate ice cream. Then I freeze it til firm. Next I add a thick-ish layer of fudge topping pressing in an additional layer of crushed oreos (chopped up in a food processor). Back into the freezer it goes. When firm, I then mound HUGE scoops of our favorite ice creams all over the top (like mint chocolate chip, butter pecan, coffee, pistachio, etc.) but when taking to a get-together, I usually stick to vanilla and strawberry. Back into the freezer it goes. When firm, I top with drizzles of chocolate sauce, and add chopped nuts and jimmies (sprinkles) and maraschino cherries YUM. A dear friend will even spread a think layer of cool whip on top and freeze it before adding the sauce and nuts and other yummy decorative toppings. SO good - watch out hips! (Tip: When it's a small gathering, or if you're making this at home for quick little desserts to serve when company comes, you can make individual mini ice cream cakes in your muffin tins!)

Oh my...just thinking about it...my hips!!! LOL.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  05:11:04 AM  Show Profile
Loving these recipe ideas!! Too bad we all live so far apart because it would be fun to have a “ Jubilee Backyard Gathering”” and just visit everyone and try out the snacks!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, wouldn't that be fun?! I always said it would be such a great thing to have a great big farmgirl gathering over a few days where we celebrate farmgirl everything and take mini seminars of interest!

Maybe we could do a Zoom thing? I think I had mentioned that to Lisa (Nubidane) a while back... I can't remember why we didn't do it!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  1:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Since moving to our new house we really enjoy summer nights by the fire in our backyard. So of course my favorite snack is S’mores! I love making them with my kids and seeing them turn into sticky messes. I enjoy my marshmallows burned lol. They taste extra yummy that way!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2021 :  2:38:51 PM  Show Profile
Nini,, YUMMM,, I will have to try my hand at the pizza dip.. I know 3 grand-kiddos who will LUV it!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2021 :  5:43:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh, Grace ---- In the morning: my tea with a crossaint and jam or my favorite mexican pudding filled pastry! Patio snacks: Hubs and I love love love a platter of cheese, meat, crackers, a crusty bread and our glasses of wine = dreamy! Camping: We love our hobo meals wrapped in foil and cooked over the campfire! MMMMMMM!! And smore's are always a hit, evenings on the patio and camping! We also love to use those keebler fudge striped cookies for smores too!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2021 :  6:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh April, gotta love aluminum foil,, best part,, easy peasy clean-up!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2021 :  12:34:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh wouldn't that be wonderful, A Farmgirl gathering on the "Worlds biggest Picnic quilt! The year I joined 2010, I thought I remembered seeing that there was a farmgirl convention coming to Minnesota? in the Magazine
that year. Did I Imagine that?

Picnic or dinner on the grounds after church was always: Cold fried Chicken, Potato Salad, home canned pickles and relishes, Watermelon and Brownies and iced tea with lemon.
Here on the patio, and I eat outside anytime the weather permits, is anything! just as long as I am outside!! This Picture was last Summer. We had finished our picnic and Lily June was taking care of her babies!

Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

345 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
345 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  5:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

I always love a "Cheap Date" - you fill fresh dates with a smoked almond, slice of fresh jalapeno, & a piece of Fontina (or similar hard cheese), then wrap each one with a strip of prosciutto. Bake in the oven until warm and the cheese has melted. Yum!!!

And, of course, the good old-fashioned Aussie Pavlova with whipped cream and tropical fruits for dessert.

Cindy

Farmgirl #6058

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  9:30:39 PM  Show Profile
Cindy,, your "Cheap Date' had me laughing!!!
and the Date recipe sounds yummy too!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  06:25:20 AM  Show Profile
We recently discovered Banana Creme Pie in a BAG! Buy the individual packets of Nilla Wafers. Open it up, put in some banana pudding, slice half a banana in, then top it off with whipped creme in a can. Best thing EVER!

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog
http://www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shops
https://www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

https://www.taylorstowels.etsy.com

https://tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Thrive Life Store

https://www.tinytaylorhomestead.thrivelife.com

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2279 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2279 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  07:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Our favorite porch time snack is a warm brownie topped with a scoop of homemade ice cream.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

becsbecaw
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Becca
Elsie MI
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  12:56:22 PM  Show Profile
My favorite backyard snack is an old fashioned s'more by the fire! We like to experiment with other chocolates instead of just Hershey's - A Reese's Peanut Butter cup between two graham crackers and a marshmallow is the best!

-Becca
Farming in MI
Sister # 8348
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile
These easy and delicious ideas for snacks just keep coming and coming. I would love to try them all!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  11:30:04 AM  Show Profile
OMGeepers! I just gained 10lbs from all these great picnic snacks! lolol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  12:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, s'mores are the best. We can't have a picnic without them. I always have potato salad also. Not really a snack but I just can't have a picnic without potato salad.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  2:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Becca, thank your for the idea! The peanut butter cup sounds so yummy! I am going to have to try it this summer.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  08:51:40 AM  Show Profile
A big congratulations to Andrea today for being the winner of the my Jubilee Giveaway! Thank-you all so much for posting here the yummiest ideas for best Backyard snacks! They all sounded delicious and I hope to try some of your ideas soon myself. The picnic season and outdoor eating is coming soon and I look forward to enjoying many these traditional favorites. Memorial Day is next month and often the kick-off for outdoor gatherings. Get those s'mores sticks ready and those favorite tablecloths and quilts for some outdoor fun!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  10:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Andrea,, congrats on winning .. Winnie always comes up with the best goodies... enjoy...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  8:36:29 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!!!! Congrats Andrea!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

becsbecaw
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Becca
Elsie MI
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  04:16:58 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Andrea!

-Becca
Farming in MI
Sister # 8348
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2021 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Andrea! That’s so exciting!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 2. We decree, it's Jubilee!: Previous Topic Red Tractor Girl's Jubilee Giveaway-WINNER!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page