Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Oh , Ya just gotta love the Library...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Oh , Ya just gotta love the Library... Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2021 :  4:27:31 PM  Show Profile
I have been enjoying on-line book ordering.
Here are some fun ones ... To curl up with in the evening.

One thing I like about getting books from the library, is if I really like it, then I can go buy it.

I am going to hunt for this garden book...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  10:08:11 AM  Show Profile
Grace, you live in an area of the US where a wide variety of plants and foods grow well. Herb growing has always been a fascination of mine but when I try and grow them, they might do OK in the Winter, but come Summer............they all seen to die from excessive heat and humidity. It is so frustrating so I never try anymore. We have many plants that love our sub-tropical growing area and thrive beautifully so we stick with those now at our home and garden areas. Sadly, my herbs come from the grocery store!! LOL!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  2:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Winnie,, it's funny,, In SO CAl,, we fuss because we cant really grow applea,, in East WA we cant grow lemons/avocados ... it seems no matter were we are,, we always thing... "The grass is greener over the fence"...and then we complain that we have to mow it! lololol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2021 :  6:58:06 PM  Show Profile
Agreed Winnie! Its so frustrating here! Just qhen everything gets going and I think I'm going to have a good year the heat and humidity sets in, oh, and here come the bugs, blight and whatever else. Its a never ending battle of nature!
Grace, you are blessed!! ( even if it is hot)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2021 :  1:20:52 PM  Show Profile
I met with our local librarian yesterday about starting an online book club that would "broadcast" via ZOOM or Facebook Messenger from the library. In the process this old dog learned a few new tricks about negotiating 21st Century library services. DH and I have been spending a small fortune on Kindle books the last few years and didn't realize we could have "borrowed" many of them from the library to download and read on our Kindles. Check out an app called "Libby". It's very user friendly. I set it up on my tablet last night which doubles as my Kindle and it worked like a charm and saved me from a $12.95 Kindle charge. Awesome!

Now speaking of books, do check out this stunning read -- "The Murmur of Bees" by Sofia Segovia. It is available to read for free if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription or in "real book" form from your library. A huge part of the historical saga was about the matriarch, Beatrize, who deals with her grief during the 1918 flu pandemic and the vicissitudes of life by sewing on her trusty Singer treadle sewing machine. I think a lot of us Farmgirls can certainly relate to that.

jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Aug 27 2021 1:34:09 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Oh , Ya just gotta love the Library... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page