JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2021 :  11:56:43 AM  Show Profile
I've been busy since receiving the 13th Traveling Craft Box. A big thank you to whoever put in the Hunting scrapbooking kit. It was perfect for the fall themed envelope swap I'm in (not MJF). I wanted you to see what I created with it. The only addition I made were the feathers. Everything else was in the kit.

Cool swap. I create and send to the host ten envelopes all the same or different in any medium I choose, and I receive ten back all different. I've been doing this mail art swap for years and have a magnificent collection of envelopes. Just wanted to share this fun mail art idea with y'all.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2021 :  12:23:16 PM  Show Profile
Jean that packet was from me. I had picked up two when they were on sale and thought I would share. Now you have given me a great idea of how to use mine! I would have never thought about envelopes, they look so good and what a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  08:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Omy! Jean, I love those and boy they would go over bigtime here! Great idea!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Wow, they are wonderful. I would never have thought of doing that! You are so creative. As well as the rest of our farm sisters!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  10:08:41 AM  Show Profile
If anyone is interested in doin this envelope swap, I can get you in touch with the hostess. Or perhaps I could start one here on the chat room. Let me hear your thoughts. My long time friend who hosts it lives in South Carolina and hosts it. Twice a year she puts out the call (spring and summer). You create ten envelopes any medium of your choice. They can be all the same or all different. Send your package with $5 for return postage (that may go up a bit soon) by the due date. Then she coordinates all the envies and sends you back a package with ten different ones. It's great fun and there are so many creative ideas. In addition to paper or cardstock, I have seen them made from fabric, vinyl, burlap, woven paper strips, etc., etc. I am presently collecting small Starbucks bags for a coffee theme idea I have.
Patterns as well as templates are available on line. I have several templates so usually make my envies from scratch. But many just use blank ones and then paint or sew or collage or whatever on them. . . . very creative.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1119 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1119 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  3:52:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jean, I am definitely interested and have made contact with her just now. Looking forward to the swap!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2021 :  12:13:34 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like such a fun swap here on MJF or the one you are in. Would you please send me the info please.
Have a great week!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts