KyriaRae
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Kyria
Carthage Texas
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2021 :  10:41:17 AM  Show Profile
One of the most valuable things I have learned is the four basic personalities. It helped me to understand myself and my husband better, to communicate better and to realize that other personality types are motivated by different things than me. It helped me to relax when people act differently than I would act. (Yes, I used to be an uptight, control freak. LOL)

Learning about personality types has also helped me understand my grandchildren as they grow and helps us guide them as they develop into the roles they were created for, rather than pushing them into something they might not be suited for.

I recommend starting with Carol Tuttle's book, It's Just My Nature, for a good basic understanding.

"The first rule of growth is that you can never rise above the opinion of yourself." Peter Sage

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2021 :  2:08:21 PM  Show Profile
There is definitely four personality types. I am a melancholy, so I am not well liked in social situations-LOL. I read Florence Littauer's book "Personality Plus" in the eighties and it really opened my eyes to understanding other people. It is a wonderful book. I am going to buy the Carol Tuttle book and read it too. It is a truly fascinating study.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2021 :  11:24:57 AM  Show Profile
I like this idea and would love to learn about other personalities and actually see what mine would be. Would be an interesting badge.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2021 :  2:58:45 PM  Show Profile
I haven't done any badges yet, but this one surely sounds interesting. I was looking through the list and wondered why there is no soap making badge -- seems a natural. When organizing my back issues of MJF recently, I ran across a MJF special edition -- I think it was published in 2017. It was all about making soap and other natural beauty products, as well as several herbal remedies. I made sure to put that issue in the box with all my soap making molds and books. I'd definitely work on that one and probably a personality badge too. . . . And then there's one for UFO's too, I see . . . I excel at UFO's . . . LOL.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2021 :  4:15:42 PM  Show Profile
In Florence Littauer's book she has questions to help you figure out your personality type. So Fun. She is a religious author and her books are still available online. There is also a book by Tim Lahaye called The Sprit Controlled Temperament. I have these books and haven't looked at them for years. Not sure where they are. Book hoarding do get tedious.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page
  Suggestions: Previous Topic Personality Badge Suggestion Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page