Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Farmgirl Shutterbugs/Beginning and Intermediate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Farmgirl Shutterbugs/Beginning and Intermediate Next Topic  

Allison Clark
Chapter Guru / Farmgirl Guide / Sharpshooter

76 Posts

Allie
Nacona Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2021 :  9:44:27 PM  Show Profile
I have been working on my Shutterbugs beginner merit badge. I am posting some of the pictures that I took to earn the merit badge. These pictures demonstrate how I am living the farm girl life. I love to learn new things. Tatting my first 3 feet of tatting. Spending time with grandsons is a big thing for me. Making Jam love love to do canning. I like taking pictures of almost everything. I like to take pictures of animals. I like to find new plants that I can pick. I picked cotton for the first time when I went to Texas. I think I need to grow some so I can spin it to make yarn. I love taking pictures of the scenery. This was fun to do.

Allison Clark

Edited by - Allison Clark on Oct 29 2021 11:18:43 PM

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  10:09:22 AM  Show Profile
Allison, you are busy busy having fun with all these badges! Congratulations on beautiful tatting as well as canning some of summer's best. If you are interested in making yarn, may I suggest you try wool first. You can purchase wool roving and a drop spindle online and learn the technique for spinning yarn. I actually took a class on doing it , but there are great tutorials and it just takes practice like anything else. I think cotton might be harder to get and turn into thread as a first project. Maybe not? I knitted a wool neck cowl with my spun yarn and wore it to Iceland one late December on a trip.. It was the perfect thing to have in such a cold place.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Allison Clark
Chapter Guru / Farmgirl Guide / Sharpshooter

76 Posts

Allie
Nacona Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2021 :  11:22:53 PM  Show Profile
I looked up some photographers the one I chose is David Brookover. David Brookover is skilled in capturing the beauty and forming imagery through his lens before hand-crafting the image into an exceptional print, which is the true foundation of his art. Ansel Adams would be my second choice. Ansel Adames is known as the Supreme Master of Landscape Photography; Ansel Adams is by far the most important name among famous landscape photographers but he only does black and white. I took over 50 photos with my camera. I used the style and technique of the photographer that I chose. I picked out ten of my best photos. This is nine of them.

Allison Clark
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2021 :  1:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Allison, those are beautiful pictures! Great job on both of your badges. Your rocking it.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Farmgirl Shutterbugs/Beginning and Intermediate Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page