JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2021 :  12:23:36 AM  Show Profile
Please take a few minutes to read over the following list of possible swap themes for the coming year. These are some ideas I have been kicking around. Obviously, I can’t do them all. So, you can help by giving me some feedback. Let me know which ideas particularly appeal to you and which don’t. I like to research my swaps and give lots of background, history and patterns where possible. Your input will help me do that. You can either reply here or to my private email.

Cabin Fever Reliever – Earlier this year Julie (TreeLady) and I talked about this swap idea. What are your favorite fixes for Cabin Fever? A good book and a cup of tea? Watching a favorite chick flick? Planning this year’s garden. Creating a new project. Learning a new craft. Pampering yourself -- think in-house spa. Keeping a gratitude journal. You get the idea. Send your partner a Cabin Fever Reliever package in the middle of winter.

Crazy 4 U – Make a Crazy Quilt Square and then “do” something with it – make a little purse, wall hanging, quiltlet, pin cushion, sachet, etc.

Fairy Tales – Let your imagination be your guide. Do you have a favorite fairy tale you would like to showcase? Write your own version or make a fairy dottie doll, paint a fairy picture, craft a set of fairy notecards.

Favorite Film or Book – Do you have one that inspires you and makes you think creatively about making a ??????

Gnome Sweet Gnome – Any medium -- paper, wood art, a painting, write a story, make a stuffed doll, dottie, or a pinecone gnome, embroider, crochet or knit. We’ll explore some of the myths and legends about these adorable little guys.

Medicine Bag -- Learn about the folk lore behind medicine bags, and the many different styles, and then make one using fabric, leather, felt, faux fur -- beaded or not, filled with symbolic treasures or candy or beads or heart shaped rocks or not

Quirky Quilts-- Don’t sew? No problem. Paint a quilt block design on a little canvas. Craft a small barn quilt out of scrap plywood -- think large pizza box size for mailing. Cross stitch, crochet ?? Sure! Find pictures of quilts and blocks and paste up a unique collage. Love to sew? Then go ahead and stitch a mini quilt (no bigger than 18” square). Perhaps even a 6x12 quiltlet to fit on its own little wood stand. I can send a pattern for making a quilt stand
Tisket Tasket Make a Basket – There are many simple ways to weave a basket. Use heavy duty brown paper bag strips, pine needles, yarn, raffia, etc. Make a fabric basket. Use a basket quilt pattern and make a pot holder or mini quilt. Learn to make plastic yarn from recycled plastic bags and crochet one.

Rick Rack Rocks -- Follow up to the popular Feedsack Swaps. See previous listing on page 2 of this Farmgirl Swap thread. There was interest, but it was presented during a very busy time of the year.

When I Was a Flower Child – Once again, let your imagination guide you in a creative way to show your love of flowers. Perhaps make a mini book of your favorite flowers or sew a pretty flowered apron, learn to preserve flowers from your garden and craft with them – think flower arranging, flower pounding, handmade paper or notecards with dried flowers, make soap or potpourri.

Yum Yum Swap – Send a copy of a favorite recipe along with all the non-perishable ingredients to make it. Be sure to share any family memories behind the recipe and why it is a favorite.

I have received requests for repeats of these two popular swaps that we did earlier this year. Are you still interested in them?
Scrap Happy
Mini Book

Please share any other suggestions you have that might help me or other swap hosts in planning creative and fun Farmgirl swaps for the coming year. Thank you for your time. I will take your comments for the next week or so. Then I will send out a synopsis of the results. Which will be your favorites?

Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2021 :  11:12:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much dear Farmgirls. I woke up to quite a good response in my incoming email box this morning. Keep those replies coming. This really helps a lot.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  7:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Wow! The email response has been wonderful. And almost everyone has expressed interest in the Cabin Fever Reliever. So watch for that one to be announced right after Christmas. Thanks so much and keep those replies coming.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2021 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Farmgirls,
Thank you so much for your marvelous feedback to this questionnaire. My email in-basket was loaded with great responses from you. And, so, drum roll please . . . here is what you said . . .

The leader of the pack with a huge lead was -- Cabin Fever Reliever. I'll do a bit of work on it and post it shortly after Christmas when things quiet down for us. It will probably have a February 1 due date. Isn't that about the time cabin fever really sets in?
Then tied for second with the same number of votes were Quirky Quilts and Crazy 4 U. I may only do one quilt related swap -- we'll see. Holding third place was Gnome Sweet Gnome. Another tie for fourth place was between Medicine Bags and the Yum Yum swap. There was much interest also in resurrecting Scrap Happy.

A couple of new ideas were submitted and sounded interesting: Altered Altoid Boxes and the Paper Dolls swap that Gail came up with last year. Like Rick Rack Rocks it was presented during a very busy time, so they were both cancelled at that time.

So having said all that, my swap plans for 2022 are to host Cabin Fever Reliever, Quirky Quilts, Gnome Sweet Gnome, and the Yum Yum swaps along with another Scrap Happy swap. If anyone is interested in hosting the other themes listed in the questionnaire, please feel free to do so. I am NOT territorial about them.

Farmgirl hugs and many thanks,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Swap Theme Questionnaire Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page