nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  09:06:30 AM  Show Profile
For the beginning of 2022 my goals are to declutter and organize. What are your plans/goal for 2022?

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6748 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6748 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  09:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Eat healthier and start walking again.

Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  11:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Decluttering and organizing are always on my resolution list. LOL! And I usually accomplish that - and it lasts for a while and then things pile up again. I always have many projects goinng at once - and lots of UFOs to finish.

Good resolutions for you, too, Sara. Walking is goodmexercise for all of us.

Since I've been on the Keto diet my bloodwork numbers have never been better. I've always had the resolution to lose wqeight, and it usually never really happened. This past year I have lost 30 pounds - and I feel great!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  1:25:01 PM  Show Profile
I’m so behind! I haven’t even thought of my New Years goals and that starts tomorrow! I do know that I would love to finally finish all my UFOs and finish reading the Harry Potter books. I’ll have to think on the rest.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  1:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Me too Heather and Sarah and Linda! mine are the same as y'all!
Connie#3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  2:21:00 PM  Show Profile
I follow my mother's resolution to never make New Years resolutions.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  2:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Judith, My Granny ,who was my mom, said that too. I usually don't make them. I do wanna try to declutter, lose some weight. Try to walk more.
It's a catch 22 with MS and exercise.
Connie#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Dec 31 2021 2:41:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2021 :  8:12:51 PM  Show Profile
My goals are finishing unpacking and organizing and getting rid of things we don't or can't use. I also need to be more consistent with walking and making good eating choices.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1093 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1093 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  07:31:03 AM  Show Profile

LOL, This pretty much sums up my goals for the new year, along with getting outside and moving more.

Linda congratulations on a 30lb loss, that’s my goal this year!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677

Edited by - Wanda Sue on Jan 01 2022 07:37:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  12:36:34 PM  Show Profile
I have been pondering this same question myself! I did decide to start a gratitude journal which is a first for me. I am curious as to what happens along the year journey and what I learn from the experience.

Like the rest of you, I will be decluttering and looking for better ways to squeeze in more reading time. My stack of books keep calling my name and while I have gotten to many, many still exist in waiting. I tend to go after a topic and then go down that rabbit hole for several books before getting back to what I already have waiting. There is much to learn and history fascinated me .

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  12:50:37 PM  Show Profile
Love that Wanda!!!

Judith - LOL!

Congrats Linda! That's a great accomplishment.

Sara, Connie, and Denise - I hear you on the eating and exercising too. It's just going to be really hard to get motivated to go outside and walk/run when it's cold. I think I'll work on that part later this year LOL!

Krista - finishing UFO's would be a major help in my decluttering! I should add that to my list. I love the Harry Potter books - how many have you read?

Winnie - If I find more time to read I won't be getting anything else done! I actually had to make an effort to not read so much this past fall and start of winter so I could get other things done. I love to read! I can't remember who said it or the exact words but it went something like "those who do not read live one life, those who do read live hundreds of lives." Seems about right :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  7:29:06 PM  Show Profile
My goal is to reuse and upcycle fabric and craft material, and try to buy as little brand new stuff as possible. Creativity is not dependent on what you buy, but what you can do with what's on hand.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  10:28:54 PM  Show Profile
Wanda Sue,, I agree with You!!! lol!

My NYR... eat more chocolate, drink more wine and buy more craft supplies that I don't need!!!
Ya know,,, I think this might be one resolution I just might be able to keep!!!
ROTFLMBO!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2022 :  08:41:35 AM  Show Profile
Grace - LOL! What a fun year you're going to have :)

Vanessa - I agree about creativity! It amazing what can be crated with supplies on hand. As long as you have some glue LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

tigger9777
Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader & Guru / FG Guide

152 Posts

Candy
Oakley CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2022 :  7:36:45 PM  Show Profile
My 2022 goal is that there are 365 days of opportunities, do something great each day.
Candy Hogan #8283
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4086 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4086 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  02:56:09 AM  Show Profile
I wish everyone to have a great 2022. Do it for yourself, do it for others, start each day with a smile.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  07:41:14 AM  Show Profile
Heather, My goal was for walking outside but now that the temperature dipped I'm going to have to walk around more inside or suck it up, bundle up and head out! LOL!

Linda, Congrats on the weight loss.
I could sure afford to lose 20.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  08:12:39 AM  Show Profile
I too have mo new year goals or resolutions, like Judith. However I always have hopes and aspirations to look forward too and if they happen, awesome sauce; if not, twer'nt meant to be. ;)
I love your s Wanda. Funny, fits me too.
Grace, live barefoot and carefree! Love that!
Congrats Linda!
Ditto Michelle!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

April Michelle
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

April
DEER ISLAND OR
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2022 :  10:36:59 AM  Show Profile
My goal for 2022 is to Love more.
Love my farm more
Love myself more
Love the crappy days
Love the good days

If I can practice doing all things with love I know I'll live in the present more.
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2022 :  1:05:16 PM  Show Profile
What great goals everyone has! This is going to be such a wonderful year for everyone.

Denise - I guess the bright side is the colder temps will make you walk faster LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2022 :  1:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Wanda, that sums up my life exactly! It’s pretty bad how many years I have had things and never finished them.

Heather, I love Harry Potter! I have seen the movies so many times. I finally decided I needed to read the books to make me a real fan lol. I started the 5th book this year but keep putting it off. I really need to make a goal to finish it.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2022 :  06:46:09 AM  Show Profile
Yes, lots of great goals listed here by everyone! I took 3 big loads of stuff to the Thrift store and started my gratitude journal. I am trying to keep the momentum going at a pace that I will maintain going forward. I find that it is easy to get started with new goals but much harder to keep them going, especially come July!! I am committed to sticking with my reading time because the books I have finished have all been so good. I literally have to set aside time on my daily to do list to make myself stop and read at least 30 to 45 minutes a day.One problem I have is that I am always coming up with another idea and I have to figure out how to prioritize my time along with the regular stuff of just living and keeping up with a home.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2022 :  03:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, adding reading time to your daily list is a great idea. My daughter does that for her children. They have 30 minutes of quiet time before bed and if they havent read for 30 minutes before then they use that time for reading. Her oldest would spend all day with her nose in a book if she was allowed. I started trying to do the same either during the day or before bed.
I have been trying to get to organizing my desk for days. Hasn't happened yet. I guess I am going to have to put that on my schedule.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  10:14:27 AM  Show Profile
I haven't made any new years resolutions this year. I often find they are the same "chores" I strive for each year and never fully master. Our last two years have been challenging. Rather, this year, I'm working on the following:

To be more present in each moment.
To breathe.
To notice and acknowledge all the magical little moments in each day, to try and capture more of those. The little things that often go unnoticed or unappreciated. (the sparkle the frost gives off when the sun hits it just right, to admire those sparkles as you scrape the ice from your car windshield, or the glow the sun provides when it shines it's morning light through your living room window on your favorite fern plant, the smell of your freshly brewed coffee or hot spiced chai latte with whip cream that your husband brings home from Dutch Brothers Coffee shop, the sound of a child giggling, better yet, your child, to fully hear their belly laughter, to really listen to the words of your favorite song, not just hear the music in the background, to feel your tummy relaxed and your breaths inhale and exhale as you say a little prayer, to not feel rushed when reading your favorite book, trying to squeeze in as many pages as you can rather than taking your time to fully digest each and every word on each and every page, to feel the softness of your favorite fuzzy blanket and socks as you curl up with that book, to admire the new growth on your favorite Christmas cactus that was a start from your mothers 20 year old plant, appreciating the continued and new life when the original plant no longer exists, to take time to check in with those we love, to hear their voice, even if it's just a five minute phone call or a beautiful heart emoji sent via text. To take time to breath, listen, love and appreciate all the magical little moments we so often miss or take for granted.

And, I realize these may not always be easy things to do, especially when we get caught up in the stresses, hustle and bustle of every day. However, I will strive to make an effort to make each day a little fuller. To find the beauty in the ordinary. To appreciate the time that is being gifted to me. Life is precious. Time is not promised.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Jan 14 2022 10:17:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2022 :  09:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Winnie - it makes me laugh that you have to schedule time to read to get it done because I'm the opposite. Sometimes if I'm reading a good book I have to set a timer and force myself to stop or I won't get anything else done LOL!!

April - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! I don't know if you'd like it or not, but as part of a badge I started a gratitude journal. It's beside my bed and every night I write down some things I'm thankful for. It helps me to think about the blessings of the day.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
451 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2022 :  1:07:30 PM  Show Profile
My Goals for 2022 are also to organize both personal and professional life. When the shelf in my cupboard, I had a f=good idea where to start. Snow day today. My bulletin board fell on me in this room the other day. guess God is trying to help motivate me. Time to get to work. Happy New Year Everyone.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic New Year's goals Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page