AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2022 :  08:29:23 AM  Show Profile
I've almost convinced myself I need a cricut. I'm looking at the cricut maker 3 which cuts over 300 materials, including fabric.

Do you have a cricut? What do you do with it? I need to decide if it's worth the cost.

When they first came out I wasn't impressed. Now I'm thinking of all the project I can do with the newer one since it can cut fabric & felt.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2022 :  10:31:13 AM  Show Profile
I have my sisters old one - that only cuts paper. I can't get it to connect with my computer to layout a page. Long story short - I don't use it much because it's a hassle. If I could get it to work with my computer and if it would cut fabric I would use it a lot more. My suggestion is to be honest with yourself - do you use the things use have or do you tend to get excited, get things, then have a lot of UFO's? There are so many things that can be done that if you actually use it you'll love it! If you only do a couple things then it's going to cost a lot and probably won't be worth it.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2022 :  1:33:35 PM  Show Profile
I have a very old cricut that doesn’t connect to computer and only cuts paper and I think 6 inches is all. I don’t use it very often. Maybe once a year. Sometimes I wish I had a newer one but I don’t know if I would use it enough. My sister in law has a silhouette and absolutely loves it. So I will go to her house and use that if I need something cut.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  10:50:10 AM  Show Profile
I too had the old (early style) Circut that cut on paper, thin plastic sheets, but not fabric of leather...
My daughter has a go-to-heck one that is huge and cuts on wood, leather, plastic fabric etc... she makes leather earrings and other things with her machine,, downloads patterns form her computer...
She recently print/cut a verse for my hubby from stickable vinyl.
As much as I am intrigued with having such a machine,, I know in all honestly, I probably would not use it enough to justify the cost..
I actually sold my Circut and the 6 'dies/dyes', last year to a gal whose teenage daughter was into card making....
If I didn't have so many other 'crafting' toys,, I probably would think about getting a new one.. I also sold my Accucut machine and all the templets.... as I have changed directions in my crafting..

But it was fun while I had them.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  10:56:57 AM  Show Profile
Andrea,, do you by chance know someone who has the machine,, that could have you over and show you how it works?? Also, have you checked your local craigslist or market place on the internet to see if anyone has one for sale?
Sometimes, people buy things use it a couple of times and realize it's not their cup of tea...
just a thought..
Oh and check out your local Library,, you might find books on using those kind of machines, or even have a class..
I was surprised,, and attended a class on how to use an Insta Pot.. it was great, informative and the food was yummy..
Maybe your Library might have a class if you inquire.
again, just a thought.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  12:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Grace, it’s almost like we need a community one right!? That way we can all use it for what we need, but not have it sitting around and not being justified. To bad we all don’t live right around the corner from each other.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2022 :  1:25:13 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies for all your comments.
Krista - yes, a community one would be great!
I don't have many crafting appliances, just my sewing machine and ott-lites. I use these at least once a week.
I don't know anyone who has one - at least I don't think I do. I'm going to ask some people who might have one.
I do have some ideas on what I would do with it. I'm getting closer to retirement and have been making some things that I'm thinking about selling. Trying out some sewing patterns, crochet and other things.
Maybe I will wait until Christmas, that will give me plenty of time to figure out if this is something I would really use :)
Thanks again everyone.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cricut Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page