Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2022 :  4:08:10 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I need to get this book to read! I have been reading much about Franklin Roosevelt and WWII but I would love to read more about Edith who was Teddy Roosevelt's second wife and First Lady following the assignation of President McKinley and Roosevelt assumed the office of President. Have you seen the Ken Burns series on The Roosevelts? It ran on PBS and you can find it on the PBS App on your TV. It is worth watching because it goes into the lives of both Teddy and Franklin Roosevelt.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - May 26 2022 :  12:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, Winnie - I just came across this thread, funny, my youngest son and I are learning about Franklin Roosevelt and President Mckinly in our social study lessons today, what timing! I may have to locate this book... I've also been drawn to books around the WWII era since I met my Mr. Frank two years ago. He was a neighbor who moved away to assisted living, 96 year old spit fire, WWII, Korea and Vietnam Navy Veteran. Boy, does he have stories to tell. So interesting! He's a walking book of history! Thank you for sharing this book with us!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - May 27 2022 :  11:35:21 AM  Show Profile
April, I caught the WWII bug back in 2012 when we watched the two series:Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Then I read a biography of Eleanor Roosevelt and I dove head first in reading all about WWII, FDR Presidency , books on Normany Invasion, and now I am digging into WWI because that set up the scene for WWII. I can't get enough time to read all of the great books written by this era known as America's Greatest Generation.. Have you read about the Womens' Land Army in both WWI and WWII in Britain and here in the US? It is awesome and any Farmgirl will find it inspiring!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 27 2022 :  7:54:28 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, I would love to know more about the books you’ve read about the Womens’ Land Army. Do you have any authors or titles to suggest?? :)

Karen :)
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Edith Kermit Roosevelt Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page