ctouchette
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Carmen
Essex MO
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2023 :  09:19:01 AM  Show Profile
I did not see this under any other chat so I started it so those who were working on the Public Service badge would have a place to post! I understand we need to keep it non-partisan, which is a great way to discuss the current issue in a non-argumentative way. So let the open communication begin!

To earn the beginning level for this badge we are supposed to report what we have learned and I had served on our small town(600population) alderman board for 4 years. What I learned is that it really is up to the people, even being on a board our hands were mostly tied by money flow and money flow was always in the hands of the community and whether or not they wanted something to happen.

I know it is most important to get out and vote in all elections big or small, it really does make a difference.

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1093 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1093 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2023 :  12:14:44 PM  Show Profile
So true Carmen. As American citizens, this is the thing that matters most. To vote is a privilege we shouldn’t take for granted. It should be a well informed vote though. Not believing everything you hear, but to do your own research.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
FGOTM August 2022
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  7:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Voting is a privilege that people in many countries do not have! We should stay informed and vote thoughtfully. We need to protect our rights and privileges lest we lose them!

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Public Service Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page