Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2023 :  7:29:43 PM  Show Profile
I thought this was a fun resource! It can be tucked away for the day we are all caught up with writing letters to our Farmgirl sisters!! Lol!! :)

https://go.stampington.com/hubfs/30Letters_GRA0323.pdf?utm_campaign=Notes%20from%20Bella%20_3%2F9%2F23&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=249595409&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--QD-0rPbKrdjfqwiHfwdZz19Qu4neBpqEIvUfhY84uViDvWuiBs4HOhH5Z6cV-rGcyvHbhE_H6MI-SxR-UK0AASyu56A&utm_content=249595409&utm_source=hs_email

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2023 :  8:01:19 PM  Show Profile
I read this too in the last couple days Karen!! Cool!! Good article!Yes, I'm still catching up on my farmsister letters too!! ;)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2023 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile
I also read this, interesting! I do not believe I will ever catch up on my letter writing but I try!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 14 2023 8:24:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2023 :  03:10:27 AM  Show Profile
Interesting article. I have written letters all during my childhood and adult life. Two people I have always kept in touch with after I married are my childhood best friend and my aunts. The aunts have passed away but my friend and I still keep in touch. I love sitting at my desk with a cup of tea and writing letters. I love the pretty papers available. I have noticed more of us use cards than paper these days. Love keeping in touch with my penpals and sisters here. Letter writing is so relaxing for me.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2023 :  12:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Karen, this sounds like a lot of fun. Though I do think I have some other people I would rather write to than my favorite celebrity. I could maybe get my 30 letters written this year.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2023 :  7:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Same, Krista! I’m not sure I would run out of people to write letters to. My list is long…lol :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  5:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Karen, this is an ambitious project but one that would make many unsuspecting people delighted to find a real letter in the mailbox. Even if you just do one a month, you will make someone happy and that is worth the time. The World needs more kindness and we never know when we reach out to someone if they are having a hard spell in their lives. What matters, I think, is that we spread kindness in as many ways as possible, so if letter writing isn't something you can do, you can still smile , thank others of their help, and listen when someone needs to talk about an important worry. I hope everyone here has a wonderful upcoming weekend. Spring is peeping out and the Easter bunny is busy making candies so we should put on our happy smiles and join in the good cheer that Winter is waning or over and a new season is unfolding ahead for all of us.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  5:07:50 PM  Show Profile
Love this Winnie.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  6:30:13 PM  Show Profile
I love this too Winnie! I can usually crank about 3 good letters out a month! Sometimes more! Thanks to the military I've got a few good friends in various places of the world! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Mar 16 2023 6:31:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1408 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1408 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  6:35:16 PM  Show Profile
You’re so right, Winnie!! And I almost copied the photo/poem off of Facebook today to share with the group! :) Great minds! :)

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 30 letters to write Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page