Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2023 :  4:16:38 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I have been renovating our 1950 home. We have been finding so many ways to make our home more green. We had two old chairs that were really outdated recovered, and they look as good as new! We are using low VOC paint, wood flooring, and green, energy efficient lighting. We also were pleased to find out that buying local was a green way to decorate. We have always loved to support local small businesses, but never really thought about the fact that is was a more green way of doing things. We have added some new cotton bedding and throw blankets to our decorating also. We also have some amazing room darkening shades that will help with our energy bills
We are so pleased with the way that things are turning out!

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2023 :  4:17:50 PM  Show Profile
I will send more pics as we get things finished!

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2023 :  11:30:31 AM  Show Profile
Wow Nancy! That looks like a big and fun project. I look forward to seeing and hearing about how everything turns out.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2023 :  6:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Krista!

It has been a huge project! My Granddaughter(in the picture) loves to help me with the demo. My husband helps with the demo if we need help...we put it back together as a team. It has been a major undertaking, but we are enjoying it! We are moving on to our kitchen soon. My husband is a woodworker and will be making all of our cabinets. Right now he is working on a vanity for our second bathroom. I will send pics as we get things completed.

Having fun!
Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1378 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1378 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2023 :  6:38:38 PM  Show Profile
Nice work, Nancy!! Remodels are fun but so much work! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9185 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9185 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2023 :  05:06:41 AM  Show Profile
That is awesome you can do all the work yourselves Nancy! Look forward to seeing more photos.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2023 :  5:29:50 PM  Show Profile
We are very fortunate that we can do some of the work ourselves. We have a neighbor that also helps us if we need it...we have learned a great deal from him. I helped my Dad when I was a kid...we learned so much from Dad! Our son-in-law does electrical work, so that is taken care of. We barter some of the work, and have traded for some of it. It really pays to be resourceful at our age! We have requested family workdays as Mother's and Father's Day gifts. Our kids were super happy to work and then have a potluck! So much fun!

Nancy 8352
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Build It Green badge Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page