Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Happy Thanksgiving - count your blessings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Happy Thanksgiving - count your blessings Next Topic  

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2023 :  03:55:00 AM  Show Profile
With the stresses of life, I do not always stop and count my blessings. Today I will cherish all that God has given me: life, family, health and home.
I invite y'all to "count your blessings, name them one by one," and have a blessed Thanksgiving day.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2023 :  2:59:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Vanessa---you are so right that we should count our blessings! One of my blessings is the letters you write me. Thank-you for being my friend! I had not been able to walk much for a year---and I was confined to the house---no hollergirling for me---LOL! I got a hip replacement in September---I had acute blood loss and had to stay in the hospital for three days. I had to have two units of blood which took eight hours--- I got a broken leg bone too and had to stay in a wheel chair for a month and on a walker for two more weeks. But I am up and even able to walk in the woods again. Very THANKFUL!!! My cousin called me crying this morning---her preemie grandson got sick in the night and had to be rushed to Morgantown. She is waiting on the results of a biopsy to see if she has breast cancer. I thank God I am so blessed and all is well. Hope your Thanksgiving is great---you are a special person. Will write you in a Christmas card. I always read your posts---you are wonderful.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2023 :  3:04:27 PM  Show Profile
The operation broke my leg---the part was too large---only me can almost bleed to death and get a broken bone at the same time---LOL.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2023 :  05:16:22 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad you got through the operation, and recovered enough to be back home with your family and critters. You may have already gotten my latest letter that has a newspaper clipping. Hope your cousin got good news about her grandchild and biopsy.
When I think of the excitement that pioneer women felt to get a letter, it seems an easy way to connect and shed some happiness today.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2023 :  1:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Vanessa. I hope you had a wonderful day and were able to relax. I really thought about all the things I am grateful for yesterday. There are so many things that we take for granted on a daily basis. But I am extremely grateful for my family.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1753 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1753 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2023 :  1:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone, so sorry all you went through holler girl. Good you are better.hope everyone had a good holiday. We have been traveling. Went from Iowa to Mississippi to see granddaughter in AF in biloxi. Now have landed in Florida. Hope cousins grand child ok.
. Thankful for friends on FG.

Farmgirl friends are fun. Farmgirl of the month 8/2016 and 9/2019
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2023 :  07:26:33 AM  Show Profile
Goodness Barbara, I am so sorry you have been laid up with hip and leg issues but glad that you are able to walk again in the woods! I hope your cousin's baby is OK and that her biopsy will turn out negative as well. It is so good to hear from you again and I hope your Christmas Season will bring more strength and energy as you heal more each day!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2023 :  8:32:48 PM  Show Profile
JFSo good to hear from you ladies again! Marlene will write you soon---I love to hear of all you do. Vanessa---I got your letter---I loved the sky ponds article---I have never heard of that---we old hilbillies lived by a creek---LOL. Will write tMJFo all of you at Christmas. Such nice people on MJF and happy to know all of you. The preemie is going to get well---will get home soon. Any day we are not sick and doing well is wonderful---I lost all interest in being on

So glad to hear from you ladies again. Will write you all soon in a Christmas card. You have such a good life Marlene and I love to hear from you. Vanessa--you stay so busy and amaze me---and Winnie you are an angel.
I was so depressed when I was sick---did not feel like posting---but kept up with you all. God bless all of you. Thanks for being my friends. The preemie baby gets to come home soon and will be fine---so happy!

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2023 :  8:24:19 PM  Show Profile
So sorry for this mess---A cat jumped on my computer---to many animals in this holler house.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2023 :  05:07:37 AM  Show Profile
I know what you mean-we have "adopted" my mother-in-law's two dogs since she was hurt. Right now they're barking like a pack of wolves.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Happy Thanksgiving - count your blessings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page