katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2024 :  5:40:37 PM  Show Profile
Abigail and Karen... I am in awe! Awesome!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2024 :  09:11:18 AM  Show Profile
The mail art gift I received from my niece Krista is going to be sentimental for me for many Christmas celebrations to come.

Every year, I put my most precious memorabilia on my fireplace mantel. Next year and forever more, Krista's bag will get a quart canning jar filled with water put down inside it and then I'll keep the jar filled during the holidays with pine trimmings, maybe some poinsettia branches, maybe even some flocked Oregon grape cuttings. Or wild rose hip cuttings, something fresh.

When Krista was a baby and then a toddler, both her parents worked full time, so my mother stepped in, "Bring Krista here everyday--I'd love to take care of her!" My mother SO loved that time in her life with little Krista and Krista was of course the perfect child. So in a way, I'm honoring my mother's love for her granddaughter, because my mother also loved decorating and baking every Christmas.

So, thank you Krista!!!!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6465 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6465 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2024 :  09:22:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness MaryJane you gave me goosebumps. Such a heartwarming story you shared about our Krista, her Grandmother and her Auntie.
Farmgirl to Farmgirl to Farmgirl. Thank you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16297 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16297 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2024 :  09:47:31 AM  Show Profile
I hadn't thought of it that way, Debbie, Farmgirl to Farmgirl to Farmgirl. I only wish my mother could pay Krista a visit and enjoy Krista's adorable family (her husband is a gem) and see her influence on her granddaughter ... Krista's passion for crochet, her cake decorating and baking, and her welcoming home.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2024 :  1:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh MaryJane, what a sweet sharing... and we all LOVE Krista to the moon and back... Thank you for sharing her with us!

Hugz to you Krista and your Aunt, from all of us...

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

327 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
327 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2024 :  07:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Dianna, I am home sick yet again. Low and behold the mail lady brought my mail up to the house because your package would not fit in my mail box! I was so happy to receive it; I needed cheering up! I just love the cute Hedge Hog you created on the bag with the tree and the little mushrooms, I like the way you added dried moss and bark. It does make me smile. The cut out Hedge Hog from the UK is very nice and the sweets I had for my breakfast dessert (I just made that up but It is now a thing) LOL. Thank you so for putting a smile on my face.
Yours should arrive any day.

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

327 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
327 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2024 :  08:05:22 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane, that was a very nice share of Krista and your family, I love hearing stories like that. It brings rays of sunshine out of all the cloudy weather I have been having here in Vermont.

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2024 :  12:52:39 PM  Show Profile
Aww Auntie MaryJane, now you have me crying over here! Thank you for all the sweet things you said about me and grandma. I love that woman so much and miss her every day. There are so many things I wish I could ask her and show her. I am very proud to say that I am her family, as well as yours. Thank you so much!

I am happy you like the bag and will be able to use it for many years to come.

Thank you Grace! Hugs to you too!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2024 :  1:10:15 PM  Show Profile
My wonderful package arrived on Friday! Here’s the paper bag mail art my Auntie MJ made for me. She did an amazing job. I absolutely love it and now it has a permanent home on my counter. The best part aside from the fact I can't kill them, is that it smells just like her yummy food! (Which is one of my favorite smells ever.)

She also sent me a Kensington book, When the Jessamine Grows. I’ve been wanting to read another one of their books because I know she and Meg read lots of their books. The first book I read was The Lost Girls of Willowbrook and it was phenomenal. I have already started this new book. I am excited to see what it's all about.

She also pointed out to me a quick way to order direct from Kensington is now available from the farm’s website, under the main menu item SISTERHOOD. Here is the link if any of you are interested. https://shop.maryjanesfarm.org/Kensington-Books. Most of their paperbacks are less than $20 and if you buy 3, you get free shipping. This one isn’t out yet but it appeals to me because my oldest loves the Titanic so much. We will be getting this book once it's out and reading it together.

Thanks Auntie MJ for the beautiful flowers and exciting new book! I look forward to reading more of their books.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1446 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1446 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2024 :  3:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Love the flowers in the spool! Those are so fun and I agree, Krista, the best thing is that they will never die or wither. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

327 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
327 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2024 :  04:21:31 AM  Show Profile
Wow those flowers look so cool, very creative that's for sure and I love them in the spool too!

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4336 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4336 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2024 :  7:54:12 PM  Show Profile

Sheila, I hope you are feeling much better by now! I received your mail art today! Brought a smile to my face as I do so love mixed media/collage! Thankful for the paper gift bag, tea and easel as well. Yummy teas! The mail art so so cute, kitty and birds! Thanks so much!

I sure went in a different direction by just doing mail art right on your gift bag! Included a couple other things but I do so hope you liked your gift bag art! I incorporated the things you said you loved:D

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Feb 13 2024 11:58:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2024 :  10:02:07 PM  Show Profile
Dianna and Sheila, both your bags are just Adorbs!!!

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

327 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
327 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2024 :  11:52:33 AM  Show Profile
Dianna, I truly love the gift bag you made me. When I posted that I received your bag, I forgot to mention I don't have a cell phone to take a picture so I am glad you did post the picture, I hope you saw the post. Your bag is sitting on my shelf in my art room and makes me smile seeing that cute Hedgehog you made on the bag. I also hope you liked the art on the bag I made and maybe you will be able to use it to put a gift in it for someone else. I had so much fun with this mail art.

VT Oma
Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6741 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6741 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2024 :  1:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Dianna, I did the same thing! For some reason I thought it still needed to be a functional bag lol! Your bag is adorable.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Mail Art: Previous Topic January Mail Art 2024 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page