Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Lost Art of Letter Writing Expert Level
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Lost Art of Letter Writing Expert Level Next Topic  

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

505 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
505 Posts

Posted - May 03 2024 :  1:12:27 PM  Show Profile
I am lucky in that I have a couple pen pals that I have exchanged five letters or more with since starting this badge, as well as several others that I exchange sporadically with. Some are far away and some are right here in my town. I treasure every one of them and it is always a rush of fuzzy feels to open the mailbox and see a hand addressed envelope. I admit I am not the most eloquent letter writer, nor am I near as prolific as I wish I had time to be, but it never seems to matter. I love hearing about everything going on in my friends' lives, whether big or small. Everyone has such diverse interests and even normal life and shared interests take on a different flavor when a far off location is involved. I love seeing different postmarks. I also love that writing about things makes me actually slow down and think about what is going on in my life. Writing it all down for a friend is sometimes like writing it down for me as well. Sometimes I surprise myself by remembering a small detail or fleeting feeling that I would never even have recognized had I not been trying to describe it to someone else. There is also a cozy feeling of timelessness that writing a letter inspires that nothing else does. Pretty papers, stickers, and stamps don't hurt either. Hehe!

Hannah #6994
February 2023 FGOTM

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - May 03 2024 :  1:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Great job on finishing another badge! You're doing awesome.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Lost Art of Letter Writing Expert Level Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page