notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  05:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case people just want to share something unrelated to books, or projects, let's use this thread. Such as... my malamute, Maya, just had 12 puppies. 12. Puppies. So, that's going on in my life! They're not purebred. They're malamutts. It's just been all excitement here!

Also, I just want to let you girls know, that I'm going on a media-fast this weekend. It's not for a badge or anything. I just do this from time to time if I feel like I've been spending too much time online or watching tv. Mostly it's the computer I'm on too much, not so much the tv. I suppose it could more appropriately be called a "screen fast". It's just something I like to do to get away from electronics for a while. So, that's going to start Friday night, and I will be back on Monday morning!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  07:42:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
12 puppies ~~~ Wow!

Erin I have often thought about taking a break from my computer, but I haven't gotten my mind around it yet. It's sorta like going on a diet and if you haven't really made your mind up to do it than the diet will fail.

I do like calling it a Media Fast. I'll think on it and see if I can get it together enough to do it.

I've been up since 6 and harvested 3 kinds of mint to dry and made a pot of pantry dumplings for breakfast. One good thing about living alone is that I eat what I want when I want it. My biggest meal is usually before 11:00 a.m. Rest of the day I snack.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  08:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and again...12 puppies...Wow! and then I said it backwards. Wow!!!

So, a media fast is a good thing! Rest your mind and soul! Have a great weekend!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  11:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Judith! It's amazing how much I can usually get done when I'm not distracted by that stuff. I also harvested some mint today! It's just a mint-harvesting kind of day I guess. Also! Sara! I forgot to say - I received your package the day before yesterday! Thank you so much! It was so sweet of you to think of me. It really made my day. Farmgirl mail is the BEST kind of mail! :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2015 :  12:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin glad you like it. When I saw the bouquet or flowers I thought of our chapter.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2015 :  9:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this little thread :) What a wonderful idea to keep in touch with the everyday things!! We just got back from a week-long trip to Alberta...will be in touch after the weekend is over and I've had time to finish laundry etc. :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2015 :  04:55:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have been missed Joyce! Hope your vacation was lovely!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2015 :  09:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great weekend! On Saturday there was a baby shower for my eldest grandson's baby due Aug. 4. The baby will be our second great-grandchild and this one is a boy. I don't know how to refer to the baby's mother.... they aren't married, but have lived as man and wife for more than four years.... to me, that's married. But I don't know these days. I am in no way a prude, but I do have a difficult time saying the words "boyfriend or girlfriend" when a couple have lived and raised a family over a number of years, and even decades. A niece and the father of her children have lived as man and wife for nearly 20 years, yet she still introduces him as her boyfriend. Is it just me?

At any rate, we (the entire family) are hoping the baby looks like his Dad, strawberry blond (until he reached 20, now he is ginger) with big bright blue eyes.

Growing family: 3 daughters, 1 son, 10 grandsons aged 2 yrs- 27 yrs; 1 grand-daughter age 12; 1 great-grand-daughter age 6.

Awesome!

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447

http://hennypennyfarm.blogspot.com/
https://www.pinterest.com/Time2SewCTHome/
www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2015 :  09:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathleen, that's so exciting! I know what you mean about the boyfriend/girlfriend thing. I was just talking to my husband about this last week. We went to a graduation party for his cousin Michael, and Michael's sister, Holly, has kids almost the same age as mine, all with the same dad. They all live together (although they've had their ups and downs) but it seems so weird to refer to them as boyfriend or girlfriend. Jason (my husband), brought up common law marriage and how it isn't really used any more but he thinks it should be. Well, I guess I'm not sure if it's used, but I don't think it is in Indiana.

We had a pretty busy weekend. I almost want to re-do my media fast because I feel like I was distracted through most of the weekend and didn't really accomplish what I wanted to. I had my winemaking friends over on Friday night and we bottled our dandelion wine. Saturday I had a Hobby Lobby date with a friend. We meet probably once a season, so around four times a year, and spend hours going through the whole store. We're developing the landscaping on the north side of our house with shade loving plants, and I'm planning to bury wide clay pots and put little fairy gardens in them. All of their fairy garden supplies were 50% off so I stocked up on them. I have enough to do 3 right now. Whenever I get that done I'll post pictures. Saturday night we had friends over and grilled. Sunday was church with a farewell reception afterwards for our deaconess. She's getting married in about a month. Sunday afternoon we had a family reunion for my husband's father's side. He was one of 12 siblings, so that was fun, and even though I'd been to one a couple years ago there was no way I could remember everyone. Anyway, it was quite an eventful weekend. I'm looking forward to a relaxing week. Or anyway a normal one... :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2015 :  12:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes...Erin...I agree....you need to have another mediate fast - you were way too busy :) I had the lovely priviledge of watching 8 children on Sunday for 3 hours!! Friends of hours went to the prison to minister, so we watched their 5 children while they did that. I just loved it!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  08:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Joyce... you're brave! I don't know if I'd watch 8 children. Well, I would for a very good friend, or very good reason I guess. Ministry is a good reason... I'm glad you made it! :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  09:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, you are a saint. There is no way I could possibly watch 8 children at the same time. The most I watch at one time, are my four youngest grandchildren, and that's only if my husband is available to help. After a couple of hours I am exhausted!

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, there are all kinds of ministries and watching 8 kids is definitely one of them.

It's raining again so I sat on the front porch to enjoy it. There's nothing like being on a porch in the rain. As I rocked I prayed for the people down stream of the Red River where it will be flooding from all the rain up here. Seems like nothing is perfect. There's always two sides to most things.

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2015 :  08:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning! What a beautiful way to begin a day! I received two big envelopes this morning....
one from Sara and one from Erin!
Thank you Erin for the welcome package, I love the "quote" it is so perfect for our group.
Sara sent me her recipe, which looks absolutely delicious, and a surprise... one of her herb tea bags!
I am going to put everything into my binder, including the adorable gingham gift bag in which Sara placed her tea bag. :)

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2015 :  08:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathleen, I am so pleased you liked the herb tea bag. It's part of what I submitted for the Expert Herb Merit Badge.

I hope my chapter pkg arrives today too.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2015 :  3:39:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Wildflowers...
Today I received the Welcome packet from Erin! Yippee! The poem is just lovely. Thank you, also, for the tea!
Well, I guess we are official now!

And, Erin..years ago I had a friend who loved her malamute so much she did gift me with some of her hair which another friend had spun. I wove it along with other yarns into a pillow for her.
How are those 12 pups and momma coming along?

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 18 2015 3:42:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2015 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I vent for a moment please? The CT DMV....... aaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more?

Thank you for letting me blow off steam. Feel so much better now.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2015 :  09:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The puppies are opening their eyes now. All 12 appear to be fine. I didn't want to lose any, but sort of expected to, because there are so many. So far so good. Maya seems fine. She's eating like crazy. I made her dog food for a while, and then it got to be too expensive, so we switched back to dry only. While she's feeding the puppies though I thought we probably should make her food again, so I've done that. We mix it with the dry food. Everything is going great so far!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2015 :  2:53:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received my Wildflower welcome pkg today. Thanks Erin, your lettering on the envelope is beautiful. Love the poem and the way you made it into a card.

I do enjoy being part of the Wildflower Farmgirls chapter. We may not sit around a table together, but we do have a good time.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2015 :  9:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathleen - what's CT DMV??

Erin - that's great to hear! any pictures?

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2015 :  04:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles ... where we go to register our vehicles and get driver's license, and migraine headaches. The service is horrible, the stress levels are high (for us), and satisfaction is rarely attained.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2015 :  05:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning :)

Erin - I received my packet, as well as the one from Sara. Thank you ladies so much! I am so glad, Erin, your dog and puppies are doing so well!

Kathleen - you seriously had me laughing out loud and sharing with my hubby... you have a point at going there for migraine headaches.

Today we are headed to Home Depot this morning, then need to check on the chickens we use to have and gave to a friend (they are camping this weekend), then come back to the house and get back to work. I'm pretty sore still this morning, but hopefully will be able to be productive nonetheless :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2015 :  9:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol Kathleen! sorry :) That was very funny :)

Today my mom is here visiting with my niece - and we went to the ocean tonight after dinner...my dream is to live on the ocean :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  04:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember visiting my mom when she lived on an old, hillside farm in St. Andrews, N.B. The farm land sloped down to a cliff with an ancient set of wooden stairs leading to the beach. The home, indeed the entire farm, overlooked the Bay of Fundy and had a clear view across to the U.S. border.

Since that time I have longed for a similar location/view for my own farm. A view of the ocean would be ideal, but I would settle for a lake, a pond or even a river or creek.

There is a view of a heavily treed hill from my front yard, and there is a small river about 1,000 feet away, at the bottom of the hill. Unfortunately, I can only hear it, never see it, as it is at least 50' below the grade of my front yard and hidden from view. Just a tease.

We can still dream Joyce. Can't we.....

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  3:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Kathleen - that's what keeps me going - my dreams :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2015 :  4:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frustrated today and a little worried... We have a family from church that has consistently said to ask if we needed help. Their 18 yo son has a landscaping business... So we asked if he would be wiling to spread mulch for us and cut grass... it costed us almost $400! Now I'm scared to accept help from anyone! We cannot afford that kind of "help." Cutting the grass was $45! And we have less than a quarter acre.

So we have been doing as much as possible by ourselves... which means a lot on me. Today I realized I had not felt Emi move since sometime yesterday. If i drink some orange juice, I can get her moving... but then afterwards, she stops again... for hours. I know it is in God's hands... and our days are predetermined. But I am worried!

Kinda feeling like the walls of life are closing in on me and I am drowning.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page