debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2643 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2643 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2017 :  11:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And...why can't I find the thread that the year's merit badge challenges were listed?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2017 :  10:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie it's under "Merit Badge Challenges for 2017" :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2017 :  10:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I'm so sorry your overwhelmed! You are in my prayers. Life in general can be overwhelming but for me, when I'm pregnant it really amplifies it. I can't imagine having so many visitors in the midst of everything else you have going on! Hopefully your family can help you out while they're there.

I am way behind on my badges and what I need to put in for. I have quite a few I did from April that I just haven't applied for yet. I was planning to do it after Rory's birthday but then we all got sick and when we got better I had so much housework to recover from and school to finish. There was a definite snowball effect! We are going to Chicago tonight to visit my family, so I may not be on here for a week or so. I am bringing my computer but I don't know how much time I'll have to do much of anything. I'll just have to wait and see. I'll apply for my badges when I get back.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2643 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2643 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2017 :  10:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Erin...I finally figured out that I needed to make an adjustment on how many topics my screen was showing. Since it was over 30 days, it wasn't showing. But I found it!!! Safe travels and have a good visit with your family!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2017 :  6:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI girls! I'm back from Chicago. We had a lot of fun and were pretty busy the whole time. I was mostly with family and kept the baby. Jason took the three bigger ones downtown, to the beach, the zoo. We went to the museum of science and industry on our way out of town. That was fun for me because it's the museum I grew up visiting all of the time. They have a huge castle dollhouse that I couldn't wait to show Noelle and of course she loved it. Who wouldn't love a giant elaborate dollhouse? I'm so happy to be home. We had fun, but the city is not for me. I feel way too claustrophobic. I couldn't wait to get back to my cornfields!

We started another baseball league this morning so that's taking up a lot of our summer. What have you all been up to?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  09:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all....I apologize for not being active on here in a bit. Things have been crazy! Between school things for my high schooler, my middle schooler and my kindergartener, still trying to sell our house, my mom fell and broke her ankle in 3 places, and life in general....I haven't had much free time.
My highschooler, who is starting his senior year in September, received a couple of scholar awards and a 40k scholorship to a college about 5 hours from me. If he decides to go there, he gets 10k a year for 4 years.
My middle schooler receivedan award for his extraordinary work in 8th grade English. Early morning breakfast was given for the kids who received awards and for the families.
My kindergartener is going to be going to a new school in September. We decided that we want to put her in private school come Septmeber when she starts 1st grade. The 2 older kids are "set" in their schools, so they are staying.
My mom broke her ankle in 3 spots about 3 weeks ago. She laid there for 15 minutes before my dad found her. (They have roughly 60 acres of land, and he was doing outside work. He didn't hear her screaming his name). They live almost 3 hours north of us, so we've been going up there on weekends to help out.
So, between all this and curtain making and daily to do's, it's been crazy and I haven't been able to be on the computer a lot.
This week is the youngest's kindergarten BBQ, my middle one's 8th grade graduation and my oldest's 17th birthday.
I just wanted to let you all know I missed being on here and I was still reading some of the posts when they came to my phone.
I hope everyone is well and I'll try to be more active in this great group!

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
www.theginghambow.wordpress.com
www.etsy.com/shop/theginghambow
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  08:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christine I feel like most of us are pretty busy right now. Don't worry about it too much :) Between being out of town and doing housework, baseball, gardening, I haven't been on enough either. Also my internet is constantly going out! I didn't have any at all the majority of last week. One of my neighbors told me that a tech told her Frontier (our internet provider) oversold the bandwidth in our area and that's why our service is so touchy. I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't be surprised!

We've had the BEST weather here. It's been so lovely and not too hot. Perfect days for gardening. I've been able to do a little outside work, but it always seems like there's just too much to get done inside. My husband says I don't prioritize my tasks right to take advantage of our nice weather. He's probably right. I've had a lot to do to get ready for the coming school year, and I keep trying to get rid of all the extra junk around our house. I feel suffocated by STUFF! I'm trying to get rid of as much as possible.

How is everyone else doing?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  09:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin,
It sounds like you've been busy too! I try and prioritize my tasks, but something else always jumps in and takes over!

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  06:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness! My internet saga continues. It was out two days this week. At least we've determined it's the wiring in our house. Jason rigged it up directly from the phone box outside through my kitchen window. I don't know when they'll be in to fix it since the 4th is next week, but at least it's working now. We're camping tonight and tomorrow night, so I will be offline (and loving it!) for a few days. I hope everyone is doing well! Have a safe and fun holiday!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  07:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad it's working - have fun camping Erin!!! I've been thinking about your lately :) Hope yo uare doing well.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  12:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to jump on here and say hi! I'm still around, but still feeling pretty swamped. Brad's parents are here right now... so for the last couple days we have been sight seeing. LONG days!!! Today our 2 month old buckling ripped his nub of a horn off :'( So thankful that our one neighbor is a vet tech as well having goats of her own!!! His parents leave Wednesday, and then next Tuesday my aunt and uncle are coming out for a coupe weeks. I love them dearly, but neither one can do much for themselves!!! Someone once said... either on this board or the main... that they hoped the company was coming to help. Ummm not the case!!! We've always had an "open door policy" in our home since we were married. Right now I'm wishing we didn't! This visit right now has been very emotionally taxing... the next will be extremely physically taxing!

We are finally getting set up to go see an OB. I'm kinda concerned, as it has already been stated that the OB recommends a repeat c-section. Not thrilled about the idea.. but figured I would meet with her and discuss it before making a decision.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2643 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2643 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  12:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've really missed being on here with you girls! I'm just taking a minute to catch up on all of you. I can't believe it's July 2nd already! I'm not really sure where June went but it went by fast!
Christine, you sound busy! But a good busy! Congratulations on all of your children's accomplishments...you should be very proud! Hope your mom is getting along ok with the broken ankle. A friend of mine also just broke her ankle in 3 places and I couldn't believe all of the hardware they put in her ankle when I saw the xray!!!

Erin, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with family and the weather has been great for all of your gardening and kids' sports! Isn't it crazy how attached we become to our internet??? My husband will complain about how everyone is so tuned into their phones and electronic gadgets and how we'd be better off without them...and then I come in here and he's checking the weather, the wheat market, looking on Craig's list for farm stuff he thinks he needs....hhhmmm.....!!

Joyce, hope you had a fun Canada day celebrating with friends! We have our July 4th on Tuesday and I'm not sure what we're doing yet to celebrate. We've been at our place in Montana almost the entire month of June (maybe that's why I've lost track of time???) and will just be getting home tomorrow. Probably a little hometown parade and bbq at the neighbor's house, maybe some fireworks in town if we can stay up that late!

Shannon, you are a better woman than I!!!! I hope you can get some rest and some quiet time! I had 2 c sections in a row and it turned out ok. I hope that you like your new doctor and you two can work together on this!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  1:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie - where is your place in Montana??? I'm just wondering how close it is to us. I've probably asked that before! My memory seems to be fading fast! I've actually had three c-sections now... Sammi (8 yo) was an emergency c-section, Ben (6 yo) was a repeat c-section because the doctor was ready to go to bed and I was uneducated. Then Aly was a successful VBA2C. Emi was a c-section due to my water being broken 36 hours, with no progression, though on pitocin... we both ended up with chorioamnionitis. Knowing I won't have any help after delivery, I am worried about trying to recover from a c-section and taking care of a newborn on my own. For the others, I had a group of "crunchy friends" that took over some of those aspects for me. Out here, people don't even bring others meals!!! We were "weird" for bringing our neighbor a meal after they had their son.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2643 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2643 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  5:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are up in the NW corner, only about 35 miles from the Idaho-Montana border. We are between 2 little towns, Trout Creek and Thompson Falls.
I am SO surprised by people's attitude in Wyoming...they thought you were WEIRD for being thoughtful and hospitable??? THAT is weird!!! haha
My first child was almost 9.5 lb...nothing wrong, just a big, healthy boy! I was on what I think I remember as being Pitocin for most of the day and only got to 2.5 cm. I really think that my dear, sweet dr knew all along that I would probably end up having a c section but I think that he just didn't want to worry me. They gave it a good shot, though! He felt that when I had my daughter that I would probably have the same issues so they just delivered her via planned c section. He said he'd much rather do a planned c section than an emergency one...much safer for mom and baby. I know people who have had successful VBAC's. The one nice thing about the planned c was I wasn't so exhausted going into it and I knew exactly when it would be. But, you do have the recovery time to deal with.
Will you be finding out ahead of time what you are having?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  7:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie...she also has a ton of hardware in there! She's still in pain though. Mostly at night. I'm SO proud of their accomplishments. It makes me feel like we did something right!

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  11:56:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I'm back from camping! Well, I have been back for a day or so, but I was busy with holiday activities yesterday. We had a planned get together with my husbands family, and I don't know what happened, but it turned out only one family came! That was a little disappointing since we had everything ready for a big gathering. This hardly ever happens. Usually our house is full of people. It was a little weird not to have a full house, but we had fun with his sister and her family. We grilled burgers, dogs, and veggies, had ice cream, then the kids and dads went down the road to see fireworks. We both stayed behind with our babies, since both were sleeping by that time. Jason's brother set off a bunch of really big fireworks when we were camping, so I didn't feel like I missed anything. Everyone is a little grumpy today because the kids were up until midnight and they had baseball this morning at 8am.

Shannon I'm so sorry you are feeling overwhelmed with guests! I'll keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how your OB appointment goes. I know how stressful it can be when you try express your own wishes against standard medical practices. I hope and pray this works out for you.

Debbie.... ugh... you speak the truth! I'm too dependent on internet. I guess I'm less dependent than most people I know, because I don't have a smart phone, or even a cell phone. But I still feel way too reliant on the interwebs.

Christine, I'll keep your mom (and you) in my prayers! How is she doing?

- Erin - Sister # 3762

Edited by - notathreatinsight on Jul 05 2017 11:57:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Erin, thank you! She's walking on it....very little at a time. She's always doing something. This is driving her crazy! I'll tell her you are keeping her in her prayers...that will make her smile.:)

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9227 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9227 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  7:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to have been MIA. Lots going on with my dad. Just haven't been on the henhouse much. Will try to catch up soon.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sargesproudwife
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Christine Marie
NY
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  7:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're in my thoughts, Denise :(

Christine
Farmgirl Sister #7295
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2017 :  03:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, praying for you.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2017 :  07:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you Denise. You and your family are in my prayers!

Baseball was cancelled this morning due to rain. I was so happy about that! I was able to get some things done that should've been done at the beginning of the week. We were supposed to have a play date at a splash pad this afternoon, but now we have a severe thunderstorm watch until 5pm. So we're going to Science Central instead (an interactive science museum). This weekend I plan to just work in the garden, swim, and hopefully write some letters. What do you all have going on this weekend?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2017 :  09:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin, This weekend we have planned....Nothing!! And loving it!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  09:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha Joyce! Those weekends are the best. I am a little discouraged now. I sat down at my computer and I thought to myself, it's such a rainy glum day this would be a perfect time to apply for some badges... the kids are fed, laundry going/put away, rooms tidied... well I tried to open my speak for the trees that I had started and it isn't saved! I lost it :( and it's such a bummer because I was almost done with writing it up for beginner and intermediate! The book has already been returned to the library so I'll have to put it on hold again I guess!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  11:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that's too bad, Erin. I can completely relate...having lost 2 1/2 years of pictures :(

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

893 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
893 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2017 :  2:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies, I'm curious...how many of you do badges regularly, and how many do you get done a month?

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just Talking Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page