Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What are you working on - 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on - 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 12

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  11:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I think that might be my favorite of all the quilts you've done lately! I think it's the color scheme that grabbed me. Marilyn, I'm sorry to hear your director doesn't get the different needs of the kids. Looks like you're going to have to do some teaching to him or her, too! Hope the little calf is doing ok. I also love seeing all the farm baby pictures, it's such a joyful affirmation of life! I got my pattern for the MJF Jubilee apron last night in the mail and hope to start on it soon. Anyone else making one?

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Edited by - Song Sparrow on Apr 12 2016 11:53:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  1:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maryellen,

Thank you for asking. I apologize for not answering your questions earlier. I totally missed the post!

Do I have a set sewing day? - No, I sew or do hand work most evenings. I do not quilt at the shoppe. Last night I didn't sew but did some knitting. I finished one sock and started on the other while watching a great documentary on Walt Disney produced by PBS. What I work on depends on my mood.

I have a lot of hand embroidered blocks stitched, all I need to do is piece them into their proper pattern/quilt top. It might look like I pop projects out in no time but a lot of them were started a while back. The colourful quilt I just posted (Jelly Bean), the top was started in Fall 2015, completed in Jan 2016 and machine quilted two weekends ago. It is not uncommon for me to have tops done waiting to get machine quilted. I'm presently working on another quilt top called Snippets. I completed those blocks two weekends ago. They are patiently waiting for me to piece the top:

How do I structure my day? - I have 2 days off (Sunday & Mondays) Mondays are usually days I run errands, days of appointments. I try not to work on those days (I did go into work Sunday to defrost my very expensive fridge, purchased locally, that I so feel I was ripped off!) Didn't work on any projects on Sunday, I was to tired.

I am a firm believer in planning my month/week/day. I set goals (that don't always get accomplished like lose 20 pounds!!!!) that helps to keep me focused.

Hope this helps.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Apr 14 2016 06:44:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  1:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,

Thank you for telling us about your passion. I always enjoy reading about other people's passions.

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  3:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just a FYI here:
I am starting a Block of the Month (BOM) thread in the Stitching & Crafting Room under the General Chat Forum. I'd love to have any of you who want to make a quilt to look it up and join in. No swapping, just a different farmgirl every month (or me, if there aren't enough interested in choosing a block) who will post a link to a block on www.quilterscache.com that everyone will make in their own colors. You can choose to make as many or as few blocks as you wish.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  7:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I did not sew or cut. I went to work...no children. The young teachers aide in the three year old class asked me to paint a very old six pane window, from the Round Top Antique market, to put on her front porch. She sketched her idea, with spelling of their name. She even brought the paints, green, aqua, black and white. Then she sent me a text photo of her cushions. Several hours later...success. I sent her a photo and She is happy. Hadlee said it looks good, just not her color choices. Not mine either but still cute. Not everyone loves reds and pinks like me.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  08:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the project I started.

Which is turning into a project creep! I'm thinking, "Geez, why waste all that fabric! I'll just stitch three (3) more ornaments!" - and that folks, is the story of my life! lol

Catch you later!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  1:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful red work Carole.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  2:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I love red work. Your project is adorable. Can't wait to see it finished.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  5:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. The top 2 patterns have been stitched for over a year. Just finished the tree and of course, can't let good fabric go to waste! So I'm working on the bottom.

Geez, I wonder if it's going to take another year plus to get the bottom fabric stitched out? lol Well, I did have to take a break for a secret project. It's all done now, so perhaps I can start a new project working on the ornaments again. We'll see! Catch you later!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  6:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job Carole!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  08:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice job, Carole.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  12:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my egg gathering apron for the Jubilee cut out yesterday. I'm really trying to use up what I have, and ended up using fabric I salvaged from two pairs of my daughter's pajama pants, of all things! She's very tall, so there's a good bit to work with. Can't wait to see what I end up with!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9226 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9226 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  6:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, I hope you'll post a picture of your egg gathering apron!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6000 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6000 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2016 :  6:45:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy that sounds like a very interesting apron.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  06:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like fun, Amy! Can't wait to see your apron.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  12:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, I will need an "egg gathering apron" as my new chickie girls will be providing us with some yummy eggs, but not for awhile! We love fresh eggs, and you can't get any fresher than from your own chickie girls :)!
Where did you find the pattern?
Thanks
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  10:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ruth - It is a MJF pattern and you can order it from the farm store on line. Two variations are in one pattern. It comes in either childs version or adult version.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  9:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I love the red work, just beautiful. Amy I can't wait to see the egg gathering apron. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2016 :  11:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to sew today. Instead we moved two sets of little chickens to their new shelter. Then I got them some hay. Next I spent 45 minutes trying to get 7 tiny banty chicks into a pen they can not escape from. My goodness they are fast and hard to catch. Then we moved gearboxes into the new pen. My DH did not want to, but I reasoned that they would need a hiding place from the storms today and tonight. They have been in two pens in the barn... No more. It is raining and I still need to move two roosts. I am sweaty and dirty. Perhaps a shower, a cup of tea and the roost can wait. Also we have seen four copperhead snakes in two days. My son killed three. I accidentally let the fourth one escape.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2016 :  12:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! I hate snakes!
Glad you got some of your chicks moved

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2016 :  12:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I am glad they are moved. I just hope the rain, etc. Does not traumatized them as much as moving them did.Robert took the two ducks to a different pen, so they may all be lonely, even though there are potential new friends in each pen. It takes a couple of weeks to adjust.
Are you home or still in "Naulins"??

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  5:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's my Jubilee egg gathering apron. I made it from two pairs of my daughter's old pj pants. The pattern was really fun to make!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  5:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so cute, Amy.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  10:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, great job. Your apron is a winner!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  03:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'm saving it to wear on Jubilee weekend. It's so nice to have something new!

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on - 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page