Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Weather you like it or not!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic
Page: of 118

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  06:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone survived those horribly cold temperatures.
I'm happy to know we have hope of an early spring.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  4:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a lot of rain today kept me from going to Church, I missed that and today there has been at least three small earthquakes, don’t like that, the high tide and rough ocean isn’t helping.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  4:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my Darlene, what a way to start the week. Hope your weather gets better soon!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  9:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my Darlene, that was not a fun Sunday! I hope things are better the rest of the week. We have had such cloudy weather recently. Each day the sun finally comes through in the late afternoon. We are supposed to be sunny with 80° tomorrow, then gradually slip back to the cold by Thursday night. God bless you Darlene.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  10:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like good weather for you Marilyn,it was not a fun Sunday.

Better day tomorrow.

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  03:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that we've warmed up a bit it is really foggy. I'm sure when the sun comes up this morning it will clear up. Looking forward to a nice day today. Lots to get done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  05:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
65 this morning - hi 74 - forecast sunny but overcast at the moment.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  05:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great day there Sara.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  12:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is HOT out in the sun today! We finally have a nice sunny day. I went to the barn to water thirsty horses and blow the barn out. I got hot quickly! It was so muddy and calf poop was everywhere. Oh my.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  12:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am loving this false Spring we are having today. LOL. I say that because I know it won't last. I did some deep cleaning and washed some windows to hang fresh curtains. Days like this make me feel like Spring cleaning. At least the family room is done.
I'll take these days as I can get them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5996 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5996 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  12:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone, the weather is supposed to get better here for a day or two.
I like that!
We are to have intermittent rain today!
I am working on my little Valentines.

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  8:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe God gives us these little reminders of spring to keep us sane and hopeful!
I went out late this evening and took photos of weeds. It is amazing how many different ones are growing. I bought the book called the Lost Ways several months ago. My son has it now. Today I was looking at the ads for the companion book about plants. It is facinating.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  8:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We woke up to snow this morning and it's been snowing ever since! The winter storm advisory is up at 4am...and then a break for a couple of days before we have a chance of snow every day for at least a week. It finally looks and feels like winter!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  10:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you have your supplies, so you don't have to drive to town. It sounds pretty. Is Oregon snow wet of does it tend to be dry powdery snow?

Enjoy your winter snow.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 04 2019 10:15:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2019 :  10:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will never forget my first winter in the real country, 20 miles from town, as an adult. We were trying to get ready because we knew snow was in the forecast. We had just installed our wood stove and were outside the house, when my father in law told us to look at the smoke, it was rolling out of the stove pipe and down it came. He said that is telling you that we are about to have falling weather.
Sure enough, they drove back to town and we had the most beautiful snow, about eight inches. So quiet, so beautiful.
That is when I wake up and stoke the fire, make coffee, a big breakfast and just enjoy the beauty...until some critter wakes up and walks across the yard.
Did you notice I changed tense??
We still live in the country but closer to town on a different farm.
But I will never forget the smell of the wood fire, the quiet of the snow and the beauty.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 04 2019 10:34:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  03:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn I love to read your posts. Great stories and you know how to tell them.

hi 72 so a little cooler than yesterday. Thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow which will cool things off. Near or below freezing but no teens.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  06:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
60 degrees today and sunshine so I am going to continue on with my deep cleaning. Today the dining room and possibly the kitchen and pantry. We will see how many interruptions there are today.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  06:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sara. We are cloudy so far. When I went to find my sons lunch box at 6:30 am everything was so wet, from a very heavy dew. A bag of cattle cubes in the back of his work truck was quite wet. I'm sure he did not expect the dew, or he would have put that bag in the barn.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 05 2019 06:32:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  10:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cooler today than it was yesterday - and cooling down more. We've had foggy mornings several days in a row. Ed leaves for California on Thursday - the day that is supposed to be cold here! Possible rain tonight and tomorrow, also. Everyone stay warm wherever you are.

Hope to get some quilting done this week. So much to do. I really need to try and organize my sewing room - but the task is so daunting that I can't get started. Maybe I should just set aside 1 hour a day and see what I can get done.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  12:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, that is my problem... Things are so daunting I give up.
It is cloudy with filtered sunlight every now and then. It is windy, windy, windy. At least it is not cold. After my barn chores, I had to fill a trough with water, then there was a horse who was tied to the trailer. It is crazy, it was pawing the bottom of a red tub...because she/he/ it had flipped it upside down. I think it had hay cubes in it this morning and the blue tub that held water this morning was upside down under the flat bed trailer. Why won't they leave them be ??? Anyway I filled the red tub with nice clean water and we shall see how long it takes her to dump it! There are two buckets for water in each front At all in the barn. The stalls in the back have one bucket. Today I decided to add a second water bucket to the Indian Pony's stall. No sooner did I fill it with water...Than he began playing in it. Now I understand why there is always spilled feed and hay cubes in the alley. All this time I wondered why my son spilled so much during morning feeding. Now I know it is Mr pony who is so messy!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2019 :  12:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! The animals do have personalities - and I think theirs are showing. I'm glad my pond is full - no watering to do. I need to get more horse cubes and birdseed. The birds are surrounding the feeders.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9201 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9201 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  04:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we enjoy two days of nice weather and now we go to a little cooler. Still upper 40's and 50's are not bad. But rain.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  06:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi 73 today with forecast thunderstorms so it is overcast again. Saw a bird in one of the tall trees singing it's heart out. He was against a grey sky so I couldn't make out if he was a mockingbird or brown thrasher - they are the same size and shape and have seen both around.

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2638 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2638 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  09:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We ended up with about 4 inches. It's a little hard to tell because the wind was blowing also and it was drifting. Marilyn, we get both kinds of snow here, wet and dry, just depending on what kind of storm blows in. This was wet snow...and lots of little flakes that just kept coming but took awhile to amount to anything. We have a break for a couple of days and then more snow starting Wednesday and through most of the rest of the month.
The roads have been terrible, mostly out here where we live. I haven't seen the county road plow go by yet. Once you get 5 miles up the road to the highway, they are a little better but still slick. My DIL ended up putting her suburban in the ditch yesterday taking the little one to preschool. Thank goodness it was on one of our back county roads and not in busy traffic. She managed to get out and both of them were fine. Of course, Cash thought it was fun and wanted to know if they could do it again! Boys....
The sun is out today and I'm thinking I will get everything ready for a trip to town tomorrow and make sure I have anything we might need from the store, go to the bank, etc. I'm hoping we will just have a cozy weekend here at home and not worry about going anywhere.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  12:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I'm glad your family was not injured on the icy roads. I am scared to death of icy roads. I will never forget driving to school one morning, with three other teachers as my passengers. Thirty miles. The school district people made their early morning run and the roads were ok, but then the temp dropped to 31° and I had only driven about two miles when I felt the black ice. So I told the ladies what was wrong, and I told them that I had determined that 20mph would be our top speed. And on we crawled, by the time I had gone fifteen miles there were five vehicles behind me. One car pulled out as if to pass us all! But quickly got back in line. By the time we got to the turn off to school there was a long line of cars and pickups. Once inside the school, the driver of the car that thought of passing, a student teacher, came up to me and thanked me for being such a safe driver. She said she knew immediately why I was going so slow, and were it not for me...she and the other girls could have gotten into a bad accident. We had passed several vehicles that had wrecked out. I told her I was so nervous and scared, the whole entire distance. I knew God was my co-pilot...but sometimes it is the other drivers who cause the problems. Now, this is my first winter ever, that I don't have to drive when the roads get bad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 118 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Weather you like it or not! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page