New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Bulletin Board: Previous Topic Recipes Next Topic  

emilyrosebud
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

47 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2018 :  06:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been reading in some of the other Chapter Henhouses how Farmgirls are sharing recipes with each other. I particularly love seeing how they create posts based on the season or holiday to share recipes. What a great way to pass recipes on, as well as to create a running list or library of good recipes we can all access! I'm lovin' it, so I'm designating this board ...... our Goodmedicine Girls Recipe Library!

Last night I needed to bake some pumpkin bread loaves for an event today at work. Both loaves baked for 65 minutes, were crusty on top and passed the toothpick test, but came out gooey in the middle! What did I do wrong? It couldn't be the loaf pans, because one was glass and one was ceramic and they both turned out that way. Anywho.....I won't share that recipe here, because clearly it was a dud! I will share a recipe I made this past week for Eric's birthday. Peanut Butter Monster Cookies. These were a hit...they were gone in one afternoon!

Enjoy!

"Make way for the Positive Day! -Bob Marley"

emilyrosebud
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

47 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2018 :  4:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my Grandma's recipe, tweaked slightly. I made it tonight for a QUICK and super easy dinner. I thought I'd share with you Hens.

Shirley Bonn's Homemade Mac & Cheese

Ingredients

1 box of noodles (elbow, shell, penne, whatever ya got...)
1 can of Evaporated Milk (She used Milnot brand)
2c. Shredded Cheddar Cheese (She shredded sharp cheddar off the block, I find it quicker to use shredded from a bag)
1/2c. Flour
6T Butter

Boil the noodles til soft (or al dente, whatever you prefer)
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat
Add the flour and immediately stir until thick
Add the cheese and stir CONTINUOUSLY until a thick, gooey sauce forms
Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir to mix

That's it!

If you have extra time, you can sprinkle additional cheese on top, add a little panko or some bread crumbs, melt another couple tablespoons of butter on top, then bake on 375 until the bread crumbs are brown.

"Make way for the Positive Day! -Bob Marley"
Go to Top of Page
  Bulletin Board: Previous Topic Recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page