Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 February 2020 ~ fill it with fun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic February 2020 ~ fill it with fun! Next Topic
Page: of 5

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  12:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be on the road tomorrow so I wanted to post this.

What fun things do you all have planned for this month? I am determined to get back in the swing of quilting and crafting.
I need to find new cords to replace the ones on my mother's sewing machine. They are dried and cracked but I want to use it so they need to be newer.

Also continuing the purge of the house. Not much left to do but I do want to get the last of it gone. I have new ideas for my pantry so I am hoping to get those implemented this month also.

Looking forward to our learning thread for this month from Winnie. She comes up with great topics to get us thinking and researching!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  1:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The biggest part of my month is to clean out the old farmhouse, move to the new house, and sell my farmhouse.

Anyone want to help?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 31 2020 1:47:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1171 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  2:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If only I lived closer I would love to help but I will just have to cheer you on from afar.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2639 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2639 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  2:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to pray and hope for snow! We have had precious little here but thankfully we have had it in the mountains.
I feel like my internal clock is off..it's hard to describe. I am one of those people who need to go through each season. I could never be someone who wintered in the south. I would just feel off, like something was missing. I need a good snowstorm or 2 behind me before I am even ready to think about spring.
I am hoping to SEW!!! I have also been cleaning and purging, getting rid of some projects that I no longer care about and working on some that I still love. I have also been getting caught up on my reading. I just finished a story about the Oregon Trail. I couldn't put it down...but now I'm finished! I need to find something new in my book stash under the bed. I feel a little lost!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  3:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I know what you mean about snow. Being raised in NY we definitely had 4 seasons. It was very difficult wintering Florida and one of the reasons we decided not to stay. But, I get cabin fever in January especially if we haven't had an amount of snowfall. We haven't this year so it is feeling like Spring should be coming.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are in winter. The night temps are close to freezing. Sunshine is so welcome but it is cool.
I have had to use a cane, crutch or walker to get around for two weeks. It has been tough. What I realized was my kitchen appliances are much too spread out. So as I continue to improve I need to make a plan so I can move about, more easily, should I end up like this again. Today I have been able to hobble around without a device.
Hadlee came yesterday and moved some tubs of stuff out to the sewing room porch. Now I must go out and put them inside someday.
You know Debbie, I understand how you feel. When my mother decided she was lonely, and remarried, they bought a travel trailer.
Then they bought a motor home. For a while they had fun...but I decided that was not the life for me. We camped out, at the lakes in our area when our son was young. I remember taking his potty out of the potty chair so he could still sit and do his business even at the lake. Now I am a home body. It is a lot less work.
I like my home, my space, my peace and quiet. I'm most happy in the country.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2639 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2639 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  4:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I must have missed something!! What did you do that you are needing help getting around???

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  7:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Me, too, Marilyn. Why are you using a crutch, a cane, or a walker? Did you fall?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  8:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just saw something on the main forum and I do want to be the first to say "CONGRATULATIONS, Marilyn", to our newest FGOTM at MJF. Debbie - such a great choice! Marilyn, you so deserve this honor! Congratulations!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 31 2020 8:19:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  04:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, is this from your fall? I didn't realize you were using a walking aid. Take it easy the best you can! Rest, rest,rest!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  1:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I did not fall. The only thing I can think of is that Mr. Twister got mad at me and clawed or bit my right foot. I was sewing and I guess he lay down too close to he foot control...when I pressed the control...he attacked me. It was rough and very tiring just trying to move about.but yesterday I was able to walk. Slowly, but I thanked God over and over through out the day.
Today I went to the post office and to Wal-Mart. So I am ok...or I should be...just had a nice nap.
Very little pain.
Oh and in walmart I was blessed to have a visit with a lady who is a teacher. She can retire in two years...after teaching 30 years. I was her first grade teacher.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  1:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the vote of confidence Debbie. Farm girl of the month is such an honor!
Thank you. Thank you ladies for caring!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5997 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5997 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  8:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You take care Marilyn, I didn't realize that Mr. Twister bit you. Take care and HEAL

I will work on some swaps and coloring and painting rocks I think. The weather has been rainy mostly, it was sunny today how refreshing that was.

I continue not to move much yet. You all take care.

blessings
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  8:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lily Junes Birthday is this month and I hope to clean out and organize a little so when Spring comes, I can spend my time outside! I only have about 4 hours a day due to my MS chronic fatigue to work on something I love, sewing or Crafting or Gardening!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  9:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, you probably need to be still and that is ok. I have looked at the times when I must be still as times when God wants me to draw nearer to Him.
Connie, do you nap or just sit and rest when your chronic fatigue sets in?
I am a big fan of afternoon naps. Last week I had a morning nap, due to not sleeping well. Boy oh boy, I felt like a new person.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5997 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5997 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2020 :  11:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marilyn, I have no choice but to be still with no knee I have to be careful about sitting too much too, my legs swell and pain too.
I wish it would get done, it’s distressing my other knee and hip too. But I am enjoying the coloring and crafts .
Naps are good I enjoy them when I do take them.
Well have a good night

Love you all

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  02:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I smiled as I read your responce Darlene.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Feb 02 2020 02:29:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9205 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  05:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie,
When is Lily June's birthday?
We have 5 this month starting with 2 today. JT's is tomorrow.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 02 2020 05:48:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3455 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3455 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  12:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Grief, Marilyn! We can’t have our FGOTM nursing a painful foot from a naughty kitty!!! Glad to hear that you are doing much better today and was able to get out for some errands.
This weekend has been sort of busy with a few. Social gatherings and mending a couple of items that needed it while doing laundry. Today is a bright and sunny day with a cool breeze and a chilly night ahead. A friend of ours, who has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, invited some of us over to watch the big Super Bowl game tonight with he and his wife. He has been having some very tough chemotherapy, but he has also has days between that he feels up to having conversations. We are all happy that he can still enjoy friends over. Louis is his name so please add him to your prayer list. He is a wonderful friend and a great family man. We are all so sad about his diagnosis this past Fall, but he has an amazing positive attitude and a very deep faith.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2020 :  3:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, my foot is a lot better. I will put your friend on my prayer list for sure.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1190 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1190 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  06:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far for February my house has been chaotic and busy. We are keeping 4 of the grandchildren for a week, while mom and dad escaped to Florida for seed company meetings and a little sunshine and warmth. There are in school, so it's just me and the toddler most of the day, but it sure does get busy when the bus comes.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2639 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2639 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  07:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, I remember one time our son and DIL went to Minneapolis in December, of all times and places, for a young farmers' conference. We kept the 2 year old and 1 year old. It was a BUSY week...
The weather here was actually colder than it was where their parents were, it was about 10 below. I was sleeping with the little ones downstairs in the guest room and when we woke up there was ice on the inside of the bedroom window. Our heat pump decided to quit right then! And for some reason, our security system kept going off the last night they were here, all night, every 2 hours. The kids would wake up, I'd get the alarm shut off, ADT would call to see if they needed to send out the firemen....I'd get them back to sleep and it would start all over again. I can almost laugh about it now. Thank goodness for emergency space heaters!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  09:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had been outside in the cold North wind, trying to get my chickens ready for ice sleet and snow when I came inside for more supplies. I read your post Debbie, and I laughed out loud! I know when you were living through that night, it was not funny...but to me today it was.I
When Hadlee was 18 months old, she fell off the whirly thing, landed in the soft dirt and cried. And cried. And cried! She kept holding her wrist with the other hand...even in the bath tub. So I called my son and I asked if I could take her to the ER. He and Julie were leaving Kansas, where they had gone to look for horses or something. Julie said NO, Just give her some tylenol. Anyway the next morning they took her to her pediatrician who put a splint on her little arm, after the exray. Then he called to make her appointment with the ortho. Two weeks! That was a long time! Of course Had would not stop picking at the tape, trying to get the sp!int off of her arm...So the guy who put shoes on the horses put duct tape around d her splint. She could not get it off then. The most ama,ing thing was that when they saw Dr. Evans after two weeks...the ex ray no longer showed the split in her bone. God mended it in two weeks. She was happy because she no longer had to wear the sp!int!Wow

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4642 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4642 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  5:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - your story about Had's wrist is very similar to one I have about my son. I got a call one day from the school nurse when he was in 2nd grade and she said he had fallen out of a swing and was complaining about his wrist. She said she didn't think it was broken, but that I should probably take him to a doctor in the morning. I did and the doctor said a small bone in his wrist was broken and if he weren't a boy in second grade he probably wouldn't even cast it, but he would just to keep it safe. Well, he said to come back in 4 weeks to remove the cast. The morning of the doctor appointment Dean woke up and started screaming. I ran in and he showed me the cast, which had fallen off during the night. I told him to put it back on and when we went to the doctor he could give it back to the doctor in one piece. When we saw the doctor he turned around to get the saw to cut the cast off. When he turned back, Dean had the cast off and handed it to the doctor. The doctor said he had never seen one of his casts whole before. LOL! Dean's wrist was fine and Dean was happy he had tricked the doctor.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  7:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is funny. His swelling really went down as his bone healed. I would have loved to have seen the look on that doctor's face!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2020 :  7:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I broke my own wrist, a couple of years later I asked the doctor why her arm was all good in two weeks and it took a lot longer for mine to heal. The doctor said young healthy kids heal rapidly. But when you are older, it takes longer, and I had crushed all of the tiny bones in my wrist, whereas she had a hairline fracture.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic February 2020 ~ fill it with fun! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page