Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Beginning of the "ber" months~September 2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Beginning of the "ber" months~September 2020 Next Topic
Page: of 4

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1182 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1182 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  1:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really ready for Brrrr. 111 here today. I am so tired of the heat. The back isn't much better and the inactivity is driving me kookoo. The good part is I am finally getting around to reading a lot of books I had stashed for a rainy day. Too bad it isn't raining.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  4:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brrrr?? What is that??? I see where some of the country will get a bit of cooler weather, but not down here. I have been ready for cooler weather right after July 4th when I had had enough of the heat and humidity. Right now, there are two Invest waves that left the African coast and are headed towards the Caribbean. We are moving towards the peak of hurricane season and the waters are hot and there is lots of humidity in the air. sigh. Not only is there no Brrr on the horizon, there might be some Yikes for us on the horizon depending on what happens with these two waves. I tell ya, it gets a bit tiresome thinking about it because today I brought out a bunch of my fall things and sprinkled them about!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2020 :  12:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the folks in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado felt the "ber" when the landscape turned white yesterday.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 08 2020 12:46:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  06:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wish we had some brrrr. Here in TN it is cooler than Texas, but not much. Lol!!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  11:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you are enjoying your trip Linda!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  8:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have ber! When I went out to feed and pen the chickens up, I put on a sweat shirt. But it was cold! Now some of you may think I'm nuts....but it had rained (4 more inches) all day long and the North wind was blowing. 54° made it feel winter!!!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  8:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise did you feel the earthquake in New Jersey today?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  05:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it wasn't where we live but it was near where my son lives. 3.1 they said.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  10:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Denise. Do earthquakes happen in NJ very often? I didn't know they even existed there??Of course over a decade ago, we had a small one in the northern part of Florida. That was a huge surprise to me!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  2:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had a couple in the last 30 years we've lived here. They don't happen very often.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  5:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Ed and I are home. We left a day early because we had done and seen everything we could - a lot was closed. And we both wanted to get home. We spent last night in Tupelo, and when we got there we stopped in at Elvis' birthplace, and saw the gift shop, the outside of his house and the church he used to go to that was moved in there, and all the things that have been added to honor Elvis. We'd love to go back and see the museum/display. When we got there it was just after 3 o'clock, the last time they would sell tickets. And they would not let us get a ticket to see it. It did not open till 11 this morning and we left there at 7:30, So we will have to go back someday. It was nice that get away and see another couple we met at a previous resort. We had a great time!!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  5:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had brr in Minnesota. Two nights ago we had a frost. We get some 80s next week and then more cool weather. I feel so bad for all of you that can't get rid of the hot weather. That stinks! But better than fires or hurricanes. Take care Winnie and all who are in that path.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6011 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6011 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  6:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fires and the smoke have filled the air everywhere including here and it has gotten colder. Boo.

I want to see blue sky again soon!

better than orange though.

Be safe and warm.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  3:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you, Darlene...blue skies would be welcome!
Linda, your trip sounds fun! Have you ever been to Graceland?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  6:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got home from seeing my aunt and celebrating her 100th birthday with her. She is the sweetest woman and I love her dearly. It was so good to be with her for a couple of days. She stills lives in her own home and is taken care of by 7 of her 9 children. Seven are hers and 2 she raised like her own. Her eyesight is failing as is her hearing but her mind is sharp. I sat in her kitchen remembering all the times I was in it helping while she canned their garden bounty. I learned so much from my father's sisters and am so blessed to had so much of his family living nearby when I was growing up. I saw my 1st grade teacher who is my aunt's daughter in law and so my cousin ever since I was in second grade. We always see each other whenever I can get back home. Lots of cousins and was so nice to see everyone healthy and happy.
The leaves have not really started turning in upstate yet but the temps were fall like, in the 60's and gorgeous. Was such a great time. I spent some time this morning looking through old pictures with my aunt, going down memory lane of her siblings and my grandmother. I'm glad the trip is only half a day away.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1182 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1182 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  9:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only good thing about the smoke is that our weather is cooler too. Only 90 today, thank goodness. Sure would like to see blue sky again.

Winnie - how great you could be with your aunt on her 100th birthday. I remember what a wonderful time we had with my Dad and his centennial party.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3460 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3460 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  4:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I am so happy you had a wonderful celebration with your Aunt on her 100th birthday!! And a day in the 60s to enjoy as well sounds like a perfect part of your weekend too!!

Judith, glad you are at least having cooler weather today. Hopefully some weather changes can happen soon to bring some rain and clear out the air and tamp down on the fires. What a terrible ordeal your state has suffered!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  06:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was beautiful Winnie. I'll see if I can find a picture of her and I.
Today is beautiful. Warmer than yesterday at 74 but I'll take it. My mil is coming to visit next week so I am tidying the guest room. She will be with us a week. She has some health issues so hoping the week goes well.
We had to have the heater guys come back as the unit that holds the condenser coils was leaking. Fortunately we havent needed the air. Unfortunately they couldn't fix it as it is an all day job again. Glad it is covered. They are sending the same 2 guys out who put it in. It ruined the parquet squares so we have extras and will replace those few. Trying to dry it out in there before they come back Monday. It's always something isn't It? Especially when you own your own home.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2653 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2653 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  08:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, what a special time that was for you, your aunt and your family! Going down memory lane and making more memories. Love those kind of days!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  08:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Debbie - I have been to Graceland, only once, about 4-1/2 years ago. We loved it.

Denise - Nice that you got to help your aunt celebrate her 100th birthday. While we were in Tennessee an uncle of mine, by marriage, celebrated his 102nd birthday. He is an archabbot at the Abbey in St. Meinrad, Indiana, he and has lived at the Abbey for the last 30+ years. He was my 2nd husband's uncle. I called him to see if they were allowing visitors because we would have altered our route home to stop and see him, but unfortunately the Abbey has been closed to visitors since COVID arrived. We spoke on the phone and he seems very alert.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 16 2020 08:39:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9301 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9301 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  12:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am back to working on some Christmas gifts. Need to get them done so I won't fall behind this year.
Winnie mentioned the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks and I have been perusing mine lately. Love all the little tips, ideas and anecdotes they share in them. The recipes too of course!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  1:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to figure out just what I will be able to do after surgery with my arm in a huge sling. I am figuring out hand sewing/quilting is out, probably sewing machine sewing, too. I have books I haven't read, movies I haven't seen, and Amazon Prime and Netflix movies to keep me busy. LOL! None of those get me off the couch, though. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1182 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1182 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  3:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda -- with my back out I have rediscovered reading. Amazon Prime, and netflix also help fill the time. When you get tired of that you can get up off the couch and walk. Walking is my main exercise now. Hand sewing small projects might work out after the first few days when the pain level dies down.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4653 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4653 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  3:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Amazon Prime - we are loving watching the series Eureka. It is a fun nerd-scientific-related kinda series. LOL! We are on the last season - 5. I had seen it before, but Ed hadn't, and we are loving it. Then my son suggested Warehouse 13. And someone else suggested another one.

We've also found a lot of good movies.

Any other suggestions?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 16 2020 3:50:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1182 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1182 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  4:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We liked Virgin River and Hart of Dixie. Longmire was good and so was The Ranch. If you have Acorn or Britbox Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries is great, along with all the Brit mysteries.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Beginning of the "ber" months~September 2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page