PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  6:35:56 PM  Show Profile
Now my 2 1/2 year old son, Tate has bronchitis and has to do breathing treatments and take 2 other medicines and if that doesn't help his breathing, he is going to end up in the hospital! In the past month, he had a bad cold, a stroke, a grand mal seizure, and now this! I think he has filled his quota of sickness until he is at least 8 or so! Am I right?

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  7:53:57 PM  Show Profile
so very sorry to hear that your son is having such a rough time. will pray for the little guy. hugs to you both.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  8:24:00 PM  Show Profile
Yes, he has had more than his quota,
Ahh Heather, will keep praying for him and your family.
And yep, no more until he is 10!!!!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  8:39:12 PM  Show Profile
He has REALLY filled his quota and I think he will be well for at least 30 more years. there! MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  04:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Heather, will be praying for little Tate. I think he's paid up on illnesses untiil he's at least 100! Hang in there.
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  12:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
My little guy was just in the hospital with grand mal seizures. And just before that he has Roseola, I know your pain.

May our little ones have no more invasive medical procedures the rest of their life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  7:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I am so sorry to hear that Tate is ill again! I hope he get better quickly!

Do you happen to have mold or something in your house? Sometimes mold can weaken an immune system. Just something that popped into my head so I thought I would ask.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  08:15:24 AM  Show Profile
I think the bronchitis is gone now. I think he was weakened from the stroke and stuff. I have heard that bronchitis is going around in our area. Alicia, I hope your son is doing better. Does he have epilepsy?
Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  08:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
We don't know if he (Kenny) has epilepsy or not. Right now, we know he had encephalitis, and he had a head trauma when he was 9 mo. His seizures were so bad, they were sure he had West Nile, or Bacterial Encephalitis. But he had basic Viral encephalitis. So, no one knows why his seizures were so severe (non self limiting cluster)

There's speculation that there's some interaction with the head injury. Or, he is predisposed to seizures. He's on Keppra right now, and will be for 6 mo at least. Monday we have an appointment with his pediatric neurologist (this is a good thing about being an exurban farm girl, we live close to Minnesota Children's Hospital, and Mayo Clinic) Anyway, we'll find out more about a MRI they did on him, hopefully that will shed some light.

Does Tate?

Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  10:06:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh Heather! Keeping you and your sweet Tate in my thoughts and prayers. My children on all grown now and have babes of their own, but I shall never forget the worries and sleepless nights a Mommy has when our babes are ill. Thinking of you...

Hugs, Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
"Sisters on the Fly"
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  3:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Tate has epilepsy from his Sturge-Weber Syndrome. We live close to the University of Iowa Children's Hospital, so we have great doctors as well. Tate has been on Tegretol for a year and a half and will have to be on medication forever. How scary to have a baby have a head trauma! I hope they figure out why your son is having seizures and can fix it.
Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  8:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
My stepson has NF1, a genetic disorder that also causes seizures. We've gone through the many diagnostics, and worries of having a son with a syndrome. So far, SS doesn't have seizures, but many of the other manifestations are present.

Give little Tate a hug for me!
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2007 :  05:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Big hugs to all you brave mommas!!
I'm a momma to 5 and granny to 7 and sick little ones is more scary to me now than when I was young. I will keep you all in my prayers. God bless you for taking such good care of your little ones.
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  3:52:58 PM  Show Profile
wow! you moms are really going through some stuff. i hope things are going better with the little ones. my heart breaks for the pain you must go through. i have not dealt with anything like this before, i'm glad that you have found a place to maybe vent or just be lifted up
i will remember to "count my blessing, name theim one by one" this song helps me when i feel overwhelmed

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  8:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Tate's doing really well right now. Knock on wood! No seizures, no strokes. Developmentally, if you listen to his occupational and physical therapists, he is 10-11 months behind, but if you listen to the person from Keystone who works with him, he's not behind at all and she thinks the others are crazy. I tend to side with her, as does my husband. He seems like a normal kid to us! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  8:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
i am so sorry to hear this we had a bought like that last year where I just kept taking my middle daughter to the hospital about every three days for 5 months really wears on the kid and parent. I wish you and your little one well.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 13 2007 9:17:05 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic give my son a break! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page