Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  3:50:46 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit (JessieMae, #134) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Disconnect to Reconnect Merit Badge!

“At 5:00 pm on Friday, August 16, I turned off my computer, my iPad, and my iPhone (sniff, sniff!). I kept the t.v. off and didn't turn on the radio in the car. I kept everything off until 9:00 pm on Sunday, August 18, at 9:00 pm ... at which time I RAN to turn them back on! Instead of using my electronic gadgets, I read a book, started a new craft project (felting), and played board games with my family. Instead of typing everything, I carried around a notepad and made notes whenever I needed to.

It was so surprisingly hard to do this! I didn't miss the t.v. and radio half as much as I missed access to the Internet. I hadn't realized how much I use the Internet daily. It seemed like every time I turned around, I wished I could look something up ... a recipe, the meaning of a word, a book title, etc.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  3:53:10 PM  Show Profile
MBA Jane (Janey, #27) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for completing a Beginner Level "Aprons" Merit Badge!

"For weeks now, I’ve been planning to outfit my favorite craft store clerk with her own homemade, ruffle-icious apron. That drab and sad thing she wears is depressing and doesn’t do anything for her figure. Of course, I realize it’s part of her uniform, but there’s no way management won’t approve the little number I’ve got up my sleeve!

I’ve been inspired lately on Pinterest ... "

Earn a Beginner level "Aprons" Merit Badge with MBA Jane here: www.raisingjane.org/journal/16530

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  3:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit (JessieMae, #134) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“For a small town, St. Johns, Michigan, is an excellent example of citywide recycling.

We have a comprehensive curbside recycling collection. Most kinds of paper, tin and aluminimum cans, glass, plastics (#1 through #7), and cardboard are all collected curbside weekly. All other trash must be put out in a “green bag,” a special garbage bag that you purchase from the city. They are expensive, and the cost prohibitiveness is a great incentive to recycle!

The Lions Club operates a 24/7 recycling drop-off center. The drop-off center accepts everything the curbside recyclers do, plus styrofoam (no packing peanuts, but those can be returned to the mailbox store for reuse). Yard waste must be placed in kraft bags for curbside recycling, or there is a a drop-off site at the Department of Public Works building, which also offers free compost to residents. There is one day per year when you are allowed to put bulky items out to the curb, and most of that is taken by “trash trollers” and doesn’t make it to the landfill. There is also one Home Hazardous Waste Collection Day for chemcials and batteries and such.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit (JessieMae, #134) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I have set up a recycling center in my home, in conjunction with the extensive recycling services offered by my community. We started recycling the day we moved into St. Johns, and continue to this day. We continue to make full use of the community's extensive recycling programs.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  3:58:36 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit (JessieMae, #134) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“My household has faithfully used our community’s extensive recycling resources since we moved into our house on July 3, 2006 (more than 7 years!), and we continue to this day. Because St. John’s recycling program is a citywide initiative, there’s no friends or neighbors I can “recruit” to practice recycling as well, since everyone already does!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  4:26:56 PM  Show Profile
Connie Warren (Killarny, #3392) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“I Planted squash and cucumbers and tomato seeds in my raised flower bed. After being blessed with a lot of rain in July and the beginning of August plants are blooming! Right off the patio by my back door. I have MS so I can't do a large scale garden anymore and this is just perfect!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Knox (#4359) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Community Service Merit Badge!

“For my Intermediate badge, I volunteered 20 hours making homemade herbal tea to sell for an event and helping with tours. The herbal teas raised funds for a non-profit organization that helps preserve historic homes and gardens in New Jersey. I am very proud to help out such an organization because it's important to protect our American history.

Spending time with my daughter making the tea bags was so relaxing and rewarding. The Heritage Sunday event where we sold the teas was a fun, family day. Even though the event wasn't as well attended as we would have liked, we were able to raise $56 for The Guardians. It's such a great experience for our family to work together towards a goal.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  4:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Knox (#4359) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I love buttons! I have two jars of buttons that I have been collecting for a few years. I like to embellish greeting cards with buttons or create dolls and use buttons as eyes.

Buttons are wonderful to have on hand. A jar of buttons is also a simple, beautiful decoration. I plan on continuing to collect buttons.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer Knox (#4359) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“With my button collection dumped on the table, I foraged through to find a few amazing buttons. I attached the buttons onto a cord by lacing them and them looped the beginning to the end.

The bracelet turned out so cute. What an unexpected surprise! Looks great with both casual and classy outfits.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  4:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Connie Warren (killarney, #3392) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Lend a Hand to Farm Families Merit Badge!

“Our neighbors, The Lavato's had a death in their family and had to travel to New York. They needed a Hen and Rooster sitter ASAP. Now, We have Cat sat and Dog sat but never Hen and Rooster Sat! They showed us how to get them in their House at dusk and bring them out at dawn and how to feed and water them. Now usually when The Lavato's went on planned vacation, we just got their mail!

We took care of them for 3 weeks. We grew so fond of them! They would follow us around while we were getting their fresh water and feed. Then they would follow us home! The Black Hen, Susie, was nesting eggs and the Lavato children(there are 7 of them) was hoping they would not hatch till they got home and they hatched the day after The Lavatos returned from New York! which was Easter Sunday!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  4:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Connie Warren (killarney, #3392) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Bustin' Out Merit Badge!

“I started with the generous gift of Mary Jane's discount to The Green Polka Dot Box! I ordered, Pizza, jam, baking mixes. Everything was fabulous! Then I continued to look for Organic in my grocery Store and Local Farmer's' Market.

Now, I am almost at 100% Organic! I continue to order from The Green Polka Dot Box and buy only Organic meats. I shop many of the online stores advertising in Mary Jane's magazine and Mary Jane's online shopping. I also travel to Organic stores near my town.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  4:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Connie Warren (killarney, #3392) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“I earned this by playing trouble, sorry and scrabble which is our favorite! We played with our grown children and god-children for 8 weeks.

This was great. It increases everyone's vocabulary and is great for brain function. A nice break from electronic games. Opie, the cat, tired of watching, took over the board after the game was over.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  4:52:19 PM  Show Profile
Ciara Neill (infinite_wallflower, #5005) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I want to open up a photography business, so I made a plan on what would make my photo business seem more serious, rather than just a fad. My plan was to make an online portfolio, because having that already seems more professional than a Facebook page. I wanted to start with friends and family, relying on word of mouth to get me out there. I didn't want a fancy name, so I am just simply calling it Ciara Neill Photography.

My portfolio came out well (cneillportfolio.weebly.com) and so far I have received jobs just from word of mouth.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  12:06:50 PM  Show Profile
MBA Jane (Janey, #27) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for completing a Beginner Level "Shopping Green" Merit Badge!

"For this week’s merit badge, I’m making a commitment ...

A commitment to never hearing these words again:

"Would you like paper or plastic?"

That's right, peeps, even my shopping skillz are going green. Time to collect some uber cute reusuable shopping bags and say ta-ta, cheerio, adios, and all that, to plastic or paper bags.

And here is where my middle drawer in my kitchen breathes a sigh of relief. It's so stuffed full of plastic bags ... well, it's like my great Aunt Tiny trying to fit into a bikini: things oozing out the sides and spilling over."

Earn a Beginner level "Shopping Green" Merit Badge with MBA Jane here: www.raisingjane.org/journal/18863

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  4:01:27 PM  Show Profile
Ciara Neill (infinite_wallflower, #5005) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I created my blog on blogger.com, through Google, to update my family on my life since I will be on my own in less then a month now. I called it Blank Pages, because I was inspired by the song "Unwritten" by Natasha Beningfeild.

It is so far so good! I am pretty proud of it, and how much thought I am putting into my post. I blogged before, but I had a different name for it and it mostly just turned into me posting pictures without explanation or thought. I didn't like that too much, so know I try to make it more descriptive.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  4:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Ciara Neill (infinite_wallflower, #5005) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I have published at lease 10 post with a mixture of text and photos. I try to always make it about what I think, rather then just saying what the picture is. I want to provide insight. I also created my own layout and made my own banner.

I have tried many blog before, but I never kept up with them. It was either because I got too lazy or I just would post pictures just to say I posted. Actually posting something of substance feels good, and it makes me feel more secure in knowing that my family will/does have another way to connect with me while I am away.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  4:09:34 PM  Show Profile
Michelle Foster (littlepurpleflower, #4962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I started by collecting ten re-usable shopping bags back in May 2013. I kept them in my car so that I would always have them when I went to the store. I have been using them ever since.

It has gone really well. My family is even using them. Every once and awhile we will get paper bags when we are at the store but then we re-use them to hold our recycling. I have found that that if they get dirty I just throw them in the wash. I have now bought some re-usable produce bags as well!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  4:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Michelle Foster (littlepurpleflower, #4962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“Our recycling center closed over a year ago. However, a company called Ms. Green has opened up before they closed. They have drop off bins just outsider local metal recycler. You can recycle tin, paper, cardboard, plastic 1-7, Styrofoam, packing materials, batteries, steel, and aluminum. You can't recycle glass.

I found out that they offer twice monthly pick up for $10 a month both for homes and businesses ans $6 a month for once a month pic up for singles and seniors. You can also purchase a bin and just toss everything in and they will sort it out. Even though they don't take glass we are still recycling our glass and taking it to my parents house when we see them because they can recycle glass.

I have been recycling at the drop off sight ever since our big center closed. I had not actually looked into the company who had been doing it. I knew they offered businesses pick up because my work uses them. I was excited to hear that they offer home pick up for a small fee. The drop off sight is just around the corner from me but I plan on telling friends and family who live farther out the option for home pick up.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  4:31:56 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth54, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Plant it Forward Merit Badge!

“Our garden is more than adequate for hubby & me, so I give away extras to friends & church family.

So far, I've given away summer squash, turnips, lettuces & garlic. It won't be long & I'll be giving away celery & winter squash, too!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  4:34:55 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth54, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I have chosen to study and learn about Bolivia. I know that they speak Spanish. I have learned to count to ten & to say hello in Spanish.

I chose Bolivia because we are sponsoring a child there. Her name is Kimberly. She lives in the mountains of Bolivia outside of La Paz. They are farmers. She speaks Spanish & is only 6. I can count to 10... uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco, siez, ocho, nueve, diaz. The greeting is "hello how are you?"...Hola. Que tal? I am trying to learn more Spanish via "Spanish for Dummies" book & cd. Fun & challenging.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  4:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Terry Steinmetz (teryouth54, #3600) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Forage for Food Merit Badge!

“Hubby & I went for a walk on or property looking for puffball mushrooms--our favorite! We both found some under the trees by some rocks. We both picked a few.

The finding was great fun, searching in just the right spot. Once we found them, we couldn't wait to bring them home to grill. They taste so good grilled. The rest of the mushrooms, I sautéed and then froze for the winter. YUMMY!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  4:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Jessie Yonkovit (jessiemae, #134) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Nellie Will-Do Merit Badge!

“I used a kit to felt a toy cat.

Felting was harder than I thought it would be, but I think it might be my new favorite fiber art. I wish I would’ve had more wool roving to help contour the cat more, but since it was part of a kit I was kinda limited with what I could do.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  4:46:04 PM  Show Profile
RoDonna Carson (kymomma4, #2361) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I had been in Mary Kay before, but went back to it because of the flexibility and sisterhood of it. So far so good! I love it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  4:48:26 PM  Show Profile
RoDonna Carson (kymomma4, #2361) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“Start up fee is $100 and I was able to get funding from my bank to get some stock. We believe it's easier to sell your product if you have it on your shelves and customer's don't have to wait for it.

It's going great. I've become a Double Senior Consultant with two team members. My team name is Proverbs 31 Girls. Next stop Directorship!! I'll apply for the expert level when I get to the next level in my business.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  4:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Renee Soto (stereo1, #5396) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have collected 6 reusable shopping bags, and I have committed to using them for my shopping trips to the grocery store. My collection includes a thermal insulated bag for transporting frozen goods as well as two cotton European-style produce bags. I try to keep the bags in my car so I don't forget to bring them with me on shopping trips.

This project has turned out well. I have a tendency to be a bit of a bag hoarder, so making a conscious effort to remember to bring my own bags has helped me to reduce the number of bags that are brought into my home. If I do forget to bring my reusable bags with me or if I buy more than my reusable bags can handle, I make sure to reuse and recycle any new bags that I receive. I also compost the brown paper shopping bags from time to time.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page