Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  4:09:52 PM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Askew (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I added sage, rue, and echinacea to my herb garden this year. I have hung this year's crop up to dry, and used many of these herbs fresh in the red sauces I have canned in the past few weeks. I have packed 5 different herb blends and given them to 5 different friends. Lemon herbs with a recipe for blueberry and lemon custard, a jerk blend with a recipe for jerk burgers, an Italian blend with a recipe for fabulous red sauce, a sleepy time tea blend mild enough for children, and a tummy mint tea also mild enough for kids.

Blending the different herbs together was a joy. My daughter told me I smelled like herbs when I was done. Picking the recipes based on my friends tastes and needs gave me yet another chance to think about who they are and the different life clues they have each given me in our relationship. Cutting my herbs and hanging them to dry is always a lot of fun. I toss the extra in the yard and run over them with the lawn mower to make the entire neighborhood smell good.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2013 :  4:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Donna Lees-Kennedy (Montana.woman, #5398) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I went home for a week and sat down with my dad and an aunt of mine on my mothers side. I didn't meet my dad till I was 36. So the years I have had with him have been great. I wrote things down as we talked.

It was a great trip, I loved the time I got to spend with them along with other family members. I got recipes that were my grandmothers which I will treasure and add them to my family recipe book, that I started last year.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Donna Lees-Kennedy (Montana.woman, #5398) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civic Heritage Merit Badge!

“Well I was back home I went to the town where I was born. I visited the local museum. I also visited my grandmother grave.

The town has grown the part of town I was born there's not much left. There are couple of buildings in the old town cemetery. The town has grown with new building a new cemetery still now big but a nice little town.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Self-Sufficiency Merit Badge!

“I have learned how to dry herbs from my herb garden for culinary and medicinal purposes.

I created the Spice Blends from Mary Jane's Ideabook and cannot wait to try what is left after packaging some for gifting.

I found some great vintage spice jars from the Thrift Shop and used those for packaging the Spice Blends. I also made labels and will include the jars in a small wooden crate bedded with straw. I will enclose instructions as well as ideas for each Spice Blend.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:37:00 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Self-Sufficiency Merit Badge!

“I learned how to can Apple Pie Filling.

I also canned Salsa which is a staple item in our home for use as an ingredient in preparing main meals as well as for using as a condiment.

I made Bread and Butter Pickles, Dill Pickles and Pickle Relish for home use.

The photo shows just a sample of jams, jellies, juice, salsa and pickles that I have canned this year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:42:21 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Self-Sufficiency Merit Badge!

“I was gifted with a really nice dehydrator last year and have been experimenting. I learned how to dry some fruits and learned how to make Beef Jerky.

I hosted a 'putting up' party where Grape Juice was made. Two dozen quarts!

The picture attached shows the Dried Cranberries I made (which were very time-consuming but I had to try :)) and the Beef Jerky.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:42:56 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“I researched the difference between grass-fed beef and that which is corporately raised at www.eatwild.com. I was already aware of most of the information given but learned more concerning the nutritional benefits such as being higher in beta-carotene, higher in riboflavin and thiamin, higher in calcium, magnesium and potassium just to name a few.

It is amazing to me that some people have no problem with treating animals as those who are corporately raised are treated. My husband and I have seen this ourselves when we went to pick up a pig. The conditions where less than ideal, the poor animal was being fed corn syrup to 'fatten' her up. We should have walked away but instead brought our girl home and she is so healthy now and just thriving. A very happy pig.

I also read MaryJane's take on the importance of organic beef at www.maryjanesfarm.org/ieatmeat.asp. I love her quote "Seriously, when it comes to meat, you are what they ate" So true!

I did learn more about how the hormones, antibiotics and other drugs affect the animal causing an awful cycle with unnecessary medication.

I couldn't agree more: "When you choose to eat meat,eggs and dairy products from animals on pasture, you are improving the welfare of the animal, helping to put an end to environmental degradation, helping small-scale ranchers and farmers make a living from the land, helping to sustain rural communities and giving your family the healthiest possible food." -Eat Wild

Our family loves supporting our local ranchers and farmers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:46:29 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Weather Merit Badge!

“I know that I must have learned about weather when in school, but that was a long time ago. It was fun getting a refresher course while researching for this badge.

I learned how the atmosphere (the gaseous envelope surrounding the earth, composed primarily of nitrogen and oxygen) contributes to weather conditions reflecting changes in temperature, moisture/humidity, pressure changes, and air masses and fronts.

Atmospheric Pressure: When the air around you has weight and it presses against everything it touches. It is the force exerted on a surface by the air above it as gravity pulls it to earth.

The air associated with a High Pressure System sinks down from above and warms as it does so and is very stable. High Pressure systems tend to cover a greater area, move more slowly, and have a longer life.

Low Pressure Systems develop where relatively warm air ascends from the earth's surface. As the rising air cools, clouds will begin to form. The instability of the air will provide quite large vertical development cumuliform clouds with associated rain showers.

A Barometer is an instrument used to measure atmospheric pressure.

How is wind formed? Air is in constant motion. It is affected by changes in pressure and temperature. When one area heats up more than another area that it is next to, the difference pressure creates wind. It is a rotation cycle of cool air and warm air.

I also researched air masses and fronts and how they contribute to weather formation.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:51:36 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Weather Merit Badge!

“I never knew that there were so many types of clouds :)

I researched clouds and how they are formed: All air contains water, but near the ground it is usually in the form of water vapors. When warm air rises, it expands and cools. Cool air can't hold as much water vapor as warm air, so some of the vapor condenses onto tiny dust particles that are floating in the air and forms a tiny droplet around each dust particle. When billions of these droplets come together they become a visible cloud.

Clouds are classified according to their height above and appearance or texture from the ground.

Cirro, Alto, Strato, Nimbo, and Cumolo.

Based on weather conditions: amount of moisture, cloud formations I was able to guess at the forecast for the following day: The clouds that I documented were Cirrocumulus clouds,there was no precipitation which showed fair to pleasant weather with changes occuring within 24 hours which did indeed change to rain and very windy conditions with a drop in temperature.

The photo attached shows Stratocumulus clouds at sunset.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  4:55:52 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I researched the benefits of regular relaxation in stress management, anxiety, overall physical health, happiness and depression prevention.

I have taken more than 5 minutes out of my day to breathe deeply, clear my mind and relax my body.

I did a search online at Mayo Clinic for the Benefits of Relaxation.

Here is what I discovered.
Benefits include:
-Slowing your heart rate
-Lowering your blood pressure
-Slowing your breathing rate
-Increasing blood flow to major muscles
-Reducing muscle tension and chronic pain
-Improving concentration
-Reducing anger and frustration
-Boosting confidence to handle problems

I didn't realize that relaxation can actually help with chronic pain. This is good to know.

I have taken more than 5 minutes each day (multiple times throughout the day actually) breathing deeply to relax.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  4:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Laura Hacker (laurahdoll, #5473) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I live in Oregon, during the fall the rain pours and the wind is strong. I have always known how to crochet, and what a perfect idea to cuddle up with a warm blanket, my adorable puppy in my lap and a hot cup of coffee, and crochet something to keep me warm! I made an infinity scarf with the puff stitch. A new stitch for me to learn, but really easy to catch on!

After several days (an hour or so a day) , the scarf turned out perfect! I was very happy and eager to teach myself new stitches and come up with new ideas!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  4:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Laura Hacker (laurahdoll, #5473) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I have three boys, and they can be a handful! There's a lot of driving with football games, pizza parties and school. I need a moment to relax, breath and center myself. Luckily I get a chance to take a few minutes out of the day to really relax. Grandma watches the kids and I light lavendar candles, sounds of rain or wind gently tap the window, and darkness fills the room. I have learned from years of yoga how to completely relax your mind, body and soul. After about 20 minutes.... I am too relaxed to get back in the craziness. But part of relaxation for me is to have my 3 boys close by my side.

If I didn't relax/ meditate the way I do, I honestly can't imagine how tense I would be. With the techniques I have learned, anytime I am stressed, I close my eyes for a moment, deep breath and release it all!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  4:22:55 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Farmgirl Shutterbugs Merit Badge!

“I am known as the family photographer. I took all of the families pictures at all of the major and minor events from April until September. I then took many of these shots and edited them into an 18 month family calendar which I plan on giving out at Christmas. I then gave some tips on the Farmgirl connection chatroom. I also read three books on photography techniques in May. Being that I am a journalism major I didn't really feel that these books taught me anything new but maybe served more as a refresher on a few things that I haven't heard since college.

The Calendar turned out great. I took me months to complete. I was getting frustrated that it was taking so long but I wanted to include candids of all of the family members and not all of them are easy to shoot. It is also hard to do this without their knowledge. I can't wait to see the look on their faces. It took a lot of work and double checking and editing over and over again but in the end I think they will be very happy with it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Self-Sufficiency Merit Badge!

“I followed the instructions in MaryJane's Ideabook and canned apple pie filling which is a favorite of mine. I also canned spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, salsa, pears, enchilada sauce, raspberry pie filling, black berry pie filling, cherry pie filling, plum butter by the case and a few jars of whole plums. I canned Asian pear sauce instead of apple sauce. I read about pickling as well but our garden didn't produce more than what we ate so I didn't end up doing that.

This was a very productive canning year. I had to go get more and more cans this year and was hitting up every second hand store around for a couple weeks there. I think we will be set on a few things at least through the winter and spring. It feels great to save money by producing for yourself.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  4:56:51 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Homespun Christmas Merit Badge!

“I've made more than half of the gifts I am giving this year and the same goes for the items on the tree. The kids have made almost all of the decorations which makes it feel all the more romantic and homey.

Some of the items I've made include; several quilts, dish towels that are embroidered, embroidered pillow cases, cloth and denim purses, tie dye shirts, Canned jams and butters, etc. My husband and I also made two kinds of home made wine that we plan on giving out as gifts (we have more than two cases so that will be going to a lot of people). I've put together several scrap book items for individuals as well. The list goes on and on. Needless to say that I don't feel very stressed as the holiday season approaches.

I think this saved us a lot of money in the long run and time as well. I won't be running to the mall dealing with the crowds. Plus we won't have to deal with large bills at the end of the year because I have been working on all of this for 6 months or more. I feel very accomplished and I think people will appreciate the time and effort invested.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2013 :  5:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Katrina Smith (kat-nina, #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I presented the organized recipes to my mother after the first wedding and before the second of the summer. It was very emotional and she was very grateful. At one point before the wedding she had heart surgery and didn't think she would live and so to see this culmination of family pictures where they had gathered over food...it was emotional. Those siblings who also received the book as they were leaving to England or off into married life also had similar reactions.

This book served as a welcome to a new life. It was like a rite of passage and it was emotional for all of us but it was good and we were able to celebrate each other and how far we have come and perhaps where we are going as well. I am so glad that I did this even if I did have a hard time working with the extended family of the in-laws. It was all worth it in the end.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  3:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Linda Cole (#4874) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I collected 50 buttons from family and friends. I think it is interesting that they have different colors and shapes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  3:28:35 PM  Show Profile
Linda Cole (#4874) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I made a bracelet from large buttons and elastic. I wore on camping trip to Guntersville state park. I don't think it turned out very pretty. :(”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  3:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Sue Hacker (Teenie weenies, #5458) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“In my back road drives, I found myself admiring those cute little tiny horses. I knew nothing about them or if they required more because of their small size. After talking with a trainer friend, I learned they were so easy to care for and required less hay, and space. I also learned they are great for cart driving for adults, which looked pretty fun.

I kinda peeked on craigslist to see miniature horses were on there, and found a handsome little sorrel paint. He was with a rescue group and a lot older. I looked at the rescue site, and saw a little miniature mare, the same age. I inquired about him, then about her, and asked if it's possible to get them both. They said that would be ideal because they have been together all their life. But If I wanted just one, that would be okay too. Without any hesitation, I happily adopted them both and even a cart to drive him. It didn't take me long to realize he knew how to cart drive, but he's happier just enjoying the retired life with his little woman. I couldn't be happier with my decision to make Sniffy and Libby part of our family.

Um, well... it has turned dangerous - in the best of ways. I have since rescued three other horses and have been continually learning more about not only horses, but different breeds. I am always sharing the joy of horses with my daughters and encouraging them to enjoy these amazing and beautiful animals.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  3:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Sue Hacker (Teenie weenies, #5458) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“After much begging... my husband agreed we could get some chickens, and he went with my daughter and brought home a couple of leg horns chicks. They were goofy and excited about their little baby's but I wanted my own and went to the feed store and picked out an Ameraucana and a blue Wynodotte. I thought they were gorgeous and soo sweet. As a newbie to chickens, I hadn't realized how loving and sweet these animals are. Connie, the Ameracuca, is sooo sweet and mellow. Elle is the Wynodotte and a bit more excited than Connie, but a very sweet girl too. They love to be held and sit on my lap for hours if I let them. Waiting for their first eggs was pretty exciting! The eggs are a beautiful greenish blue with Elle's a gorgeous brown color. I enjoy starting each day looking out the window and see my happy girls pecking at the ground finding treats.

Raising chickens, even if it's not very many, is something I will continue always. They're easy to keep, pets and producers, and make our little farm complete. I make it a point to visit the chickens at the fair and learn about the other breeds.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  4:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Sue Hacker (Teenie weenies, #5458) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner & Intermediate Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“My Mother has sent me over the years letters with the recipes she always cooked for our family growing up. I also jotted down other recipes that she may have cooked but just didn't write down. Then I gathered up recipes from my Mother in law and other family members on my husbands side of the family. After having all these recipes, I wanted to share them with my kids and organize them so they would be treasured always. I decided I would make a recipe book adding some of our family favorites in it and some cute stories or words of wisdom.

Once I got the cookbook down, I gave them to my daughters. They loved them! We have a holiday party each year celebrating the foods we have enjoyed from our family that live far away or have since past away by making recipes from our family cookbook. It was actually such a big hit, I put a humorous twist to it and sold copies out of my art studio. Others have come to tell me how much they love Aunt Wilma's Mississippi mud cake!

I'm already thinking of more books for my children of family traditions of times past and one of favorite memorable stories. We also find our gettogethers with us trying new recipes to try on each other which means more family recipes as we find more we like!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  4:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Sue Hacker (Teenie weenies, #5458) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I don't find exercise fun in the least little bit, but if I'm having fun and happen to be exercising, count me in! I joined a gym, set some goals, and for more than 3 months now I've been using their pool and really enjoy swimming and using the pool weight sets. It's so much fun and going early in the morning, it's a great way to start the day.

I've also set a foal to take horse back riding lessons to regain confidence after a bad fall from my horse. I'm enjoying every minute of it and my legs and core are working muscles I never knew I had. I've also have been eating more organic fruit starting back in late spring. Even though I buy organic fruit at my local grocery store, the most economical way was visit the local U-pick farms and pick my own. I've learned to can and freeze much that I picked which was a totally new experience for me too. Next year, I'm going to try drying the fruit too!

Between going to the gym, and horse back riding lessons, my body is getting toned and more flexible! Not only have I lost 10 pounds, but it feels good doing exercise while having fun. My trainer even told me that if I'm interested in doing a horse show, I could be ready by spring time! Eating organic and supporting our local farmers is just a win-win that is also,fun to do with family and friends.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  4:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Sue Hacker (Teenie weenies, #5458) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I completed level one and level two of Wilton cake decorating classes. I considered continuing level three, which was wedding cakes, but decided I would continue later. I brought my filled icing bags home to demo for my daughters and let them practice and learn too. Even my husband joined in. I have a large variety of tips and cake supplies and have enjoyed decorating cakes and desserts for many years.

I still know how to decorate cakes and help my daughters from time to time, and find this a great creative outlet. Even though I don't do it as often as I have previously, I still purchase Wilton yearly idea books, cake supplies and visit different websites to keep updated on what's going on in cake decorating. One of my daughters enjoyed it so much, she even went on to baking school and has a wedding cake business!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  4:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“Our home is always looking for ways to go green:
~Homemade Healthy Cleaners
~Homemade or Healthier Beauty Products
~Healthy Diet
~Re-purposing, Re-cycling or Re-using
~Purchasing previously loved items
~Using Beeswax or Soy Candles instead of synthetic

I am still waiting for an outdoor clothesline (:)) so until then we have a drying rack that we use to dry our clothes.

-Our home is not in need of painting yet BUT I have researched non-toxic paint and will be using that when we are ready.
-Our carpets have been sealed against outgassing and hopefully in the next couple of years can be removed.
-I have spent much time (6 hours +) informing friends of greener options and a healthier, chemical-free lifestyle
-All of my "helpful future" books and informative books have been listed and made available for friends and family to borrow.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  4:42:07 PM  Show Profile
Sharon Demers (Calicogirl, #5392) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“All of our water taps in the home were checked for leaks. I am happy to say that none were found.

I researched and compiled a list of ways to conserve water:
-Not taking the luxury of water for granted
-Take shorter showers
-Lowering water pressure for showers
-Not letting water run and shutting faucets off
-Use container for collecting running water so it can be used for cooking, watering plants, the dog's water dish, etc.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page