Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Shelly Schrader (ShellyS, #5481) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“I went through my kitchen and organized. I had two crock pot which I only need 1 so I gave one to my son. I also went through my pots and pans and got rid of all the extra pans i didn't need. This turned out great. My son has new appliances and pots and pans and I have so much more room now.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Smith (forever young, #1815) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Safe Toys Merit Badge!

“I made five bean bags to use when my Grandchildren come over.

I used ticking fabric. I cut out triangles, then transferred my patterns to embroidery. I embroidered a sunshine face, to remind the kids to go outside and play, work or anything to get fresh air and sun.
I made a flower to remind them to help Grandma water plants and the garden. A dolphin to remind then to feed fish. A mouse eating cheese to remind them to help check for mice in the shop and a hoe to learn that our garden needs hoed to keep the weeds out.

I enjoyed making these bean bags and browsing through my patterns to find the perfect pictures to match the little reminders of jobs needing done. I love how the redwork embroidery looks on the ticking fabric.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2014 :  7:29:56 PM  Show Profile
Corri Riebow (pariscreekfarmgirl, #5663) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I am a jewelry artist and have run my home based jewelry business for about 3 years now. I have made button jewelry before but wanted to do something different to earn this badge.

I made some fabric yo-yo's for the first time. I saw them in MaryJane's book, MaryJane's Stitching Room and thought they looked like fun. I used a black and white houndstooth fabric and then stitched coral buttons onto the center of each one, giving them a trendy look. Then I stitched the backs of each yo-yo together, stitched on 2 closed jump rings on each side near the top and attached chain and a clasp. I finished it off with a glass bead on the end of one side of chain. I love the way it turned out and I think it will be such a fun piece for spring!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  3:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Rachael Cook-Leonard (beansprout75, #5733) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“Task #1 was to read "Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists & Creatives of all Kinds" by Tara Frey. I have really enjoyed this book. The creativity and layout are beautiful! Not only does Tara give all sorts of good ideas for blogging, but there is so much eye candy in her pictures that makes you excited to turn each page! It was neat to be able to 'meet' some other bloggers in the book. There are so many amazingly talented and creative women out there. I even found one blogger that I was already familiar with.

The second task was to choose a topic that you were passionate about. Okay, so I have to admit here that I've been a part time blogger for a few years now, but have been on hiatus since last summer. I wanted to make this my first badge to get me back into the swing of blogging. I love to write about our adventures in homesteading, raising our own food, gardening, our chickens, rabbits (angora and meat), alpacas, and all my fibery endeavors (spinning, weaving, knitting). All of these things help us to be a little more self sufficient and live a more sustainable life. In these things I find my passion for life!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  3:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Shelly Schrader (ShellyS, #5481) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“We started a compost pile. We have several animals so our pile continues to grow. It's great I love the benefits of having my own compost.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  3:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Brianna Wild (#5774) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I created a half apron using a pattern that combined two men's button up shirts. I used a friends sewing machine and managed to finish the project all in one day!

It was really good for my first sewing project. It took me about 3 hours to get it all finished and learned A LOT about using a sewing machine. I can't believe how amazing I felt to have finished this project!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  3:58:13 PM  Show Profile
Shelly Schrader (ShellyS, #5481) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Get it Together Merit Badge!

“My husband taught me how to sharpen my knives with a sharping stone. All of my kitchen knives are super sharp.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  4:20:25 PM  Show Profile
Maritza Tribble (mtribble, #5099) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“I have 2 compost heaps on my property. One is a slow composting heap and one is a rotating compost bin. I also have built a worm bin to add to my composting efforts through vermiculture.

The slow composting heap has taken about a year to breakdown. I don't turn it very often, maybe once or twice every three months. The rotating bin is much faster breaking down. Only about 3 months. I add all my kitchen scraps to both the vermiculture bin and the compost bins. I also add wood ash, grass clippings and chicken manure.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  4:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Maritza Tribble (mtribble, #5099) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I became a member of a community assisted agriculture program called Siskiyou County Farm and Food Co-op. I also because membership chair of this program. I milk 2 cows (1 Swedish red and 1 jersey), we also raise pigs, chickens, goats and have a community garden.

I've been a member for 1 year and its been a great experience learning how to handle large animals and its been great to have the raw milk.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  4:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Maritza Tribble (mtribble, #5099) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“I have done loads of research on changing my families diet and switching to grass fed beef was very important to us. I found a local farmer of grassfed beef and purchased 1/2 a steer from them this summer.

This is so delicious! We will NEVER buy store bought beef again.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  4:48:42 PM  Show Profile
Maritza Tribble (mtribble, #5099) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level In the Garden Merit Badge!

“I re-use old t-post and garden string every year in my garden to string up my beans. Never need to purchase any trellises. This works great every year. All my beans grown up nice and tall.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  4:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Maritza Tribble (mtribble, #5099) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Expert Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I have participated in over five-5k's in the last year, I also completed the Tough Mudder which is a 12 mile run with 24 obstacles and I recently became certified to teach spin at my local YMCA. I've never been in better shape and am stronger than ever!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  5:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“* I got rid of all toxic cleaners in my home over 8 years ago. We use only 100% non-toxic and all-natural cleaners.

* The DuChene Home will be a 100% toxin-free space for optimal health and wellness.

* I have been sharing all my ideas, resources, and recipes on my FB profile and the natural parenting group I have ran for the past 7 years. I have helped numerous families switch to green living.

My family has been healthier and happier for the non-toxic living changes.

* Have recently made a housewarming gift basket for a friend who moved to the area and bought her first home.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  5:36:55 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“*I have made my own homemade soap, laundry detergent, all-purpose cleaners, window cleaners, floor cleaners, and personal care products for about 5 years now.

* I share my recipes on my FB profile and the local natural parenting group of over 1600 members that I have lead for the past 7 years, DFW Holistic Families.

This change has not only saved us tons of money, but it has eliminated many allergens and sensitivities in our home keeping us healthy and strong.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  5:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“* Our house has been 100% totally "green" for about 5 years now.

* Recycling bins, cloths line, indoor drying rack,

* I've donated over 7 years of my time, many hours daily to helping area families go "green" and detox their lives and homes.

We save tons of money with these economically saving systems, and I have grown a local area natural parenting group to over 1600 members of families striving for green living.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“* Been using reusable bags for years. We have probably 10 or more, and use them every time we shop, even at non-grocery places.

We get odd looks at the non-traditional places to use them, but we are glad to reduce the amount of plastic bags in our home and in the environment.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  5:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I've researched non-toxic cleaners and recipes for years. And have been making my own homemade 100% non-toxic and all-natural, primarily organic household cleaners for about 5 years now.

I find it fun to find, research, and create homemade recipes and products for my family.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  5:59:45 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Green Energy Merit Badge!

“* We've used the green energy plan from Ambit Energy for about 3 or 4 years now.

* I've shared lots of information over the years, including to my local chapter, on the differences the various energy production methods and the benefits of sustainable energy sources like wind and solar.

Everyone always seems to be very interested in ways to help keep the planet clean and the benefits to us all of using green energy methods.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  6:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I have researched the difference between cruelty-free and organic health and beauty products versus commercially made products, and have used only cruelty-free and organic products for the past 7 years, many I have made homemade 100% all-natural and organic products, including deodorant, lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body scrubs, etc.

My health issues related to toxins have decreased and I greatly enjoy making homemade products, and knowing that my family and I are healthier for it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  6:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I've made ALL my own homemade 100% all-natural and organic personal care products for my family for the past 5 years.

My kids enjoy helping make our products with me, its been a great bonding and educational experience for them as well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  6:06:17 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I've made ALL my own homemade 100% all-natural and organic personal care products including, shampoos, body lotions, body butters, many various deodorant recipes, toothpaste, other hair care products, healing salves, etc., for the past 5 years or so.

I regularly give my homemade products away as gifts to family and friends.

My family greatly enjoys the products I make for us and my friends and family that have tried them love them too, many have switched to a more green living lifestyle or all the way.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  6:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“I spent the past few years writing down and planning out my dream business and dreaming about it. Including a thoroughly researched business and marketing plan.

It has moved me forward to launching my business this year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  6:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“My business has a structure, DBA, Tax number, EIN number, bank account, and funding in place. As well as, business cards and Grand Opening was on 1/1/2014.

www.DandelionMoonCo.com

It has been a great journey, and well planned out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  6:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Leigh Anne DuChene (Holistic Farmgirl, #5719) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Entrepreneurial Spirit Merit Badge!

“Dandelion Moon Co., local co-op, natural living expo, and soon-to-be local shop was launched on 1/1/2014!!

We are now on our 3rd month in business with wonderful things in place!

www.DandelionMoonCo.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  6:21:36 PM  Show Profile
Amanda Mathis (Andi, #5199) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level First-Aid Merit Badge!

“I stocked my house and cars with first aid kits. My house already had fire extinguishers. I also occasionally check my smoke detectors although they are electric so no need to worry about batteries going dead.

This badge was a success it helped me take the first steps to making my home a safer place.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page