Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Hall (mrssarahhall, #5223) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Music Merit Badge!

“I learned a lot about music growing up. As a pre-teen, I started playing the viola, which led then to the violin, the flute and the piano. I played until through college until I got married and was working full time. I miss music a lot, it was a huge part of my life.

Re-visiting music was really a great and difficult experience for me. I picked up my beloved viola and found that I had really lost a lot of the skill I had worked so hard to refine. Listening to classical music and picking out the different parts was fun though and my husband and I spent some time with my viola and his guitar playing around and are joking now about starting a band. I hope we will have time to play together some more in the near future.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:22:30 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Hall (mrssarahhall, #5223) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I made two versions of this apron, which I designed myself and constructed from salvaged materials, vintage lace and vintage shell buttons. I am giving one to a friend for her birthday and am keeping the other for myself. I have already worn mine on several occasions, and though I haven't had the opportunity to wear it out in "public" yet, I have been wearing it to go out in the yard and will find an occasion to wear it out soon I am certain!

Given the amount of material I had to work with I think I did a good job. The ruffles were somewhat challenging and the lace presented some issues when constructing (I wound up sewing it onto a piece of thick ribbon for reinforcement.) Overall I am really proud of how it came out and have been wearing it a lot.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Hall (mrssarahhall, #5223) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level In the Garden Merit Badge!

“I built a garden trellis using pieces of am archway that a neighbor was discarding. He said that he was happy I could give it a new home. I used screws to secure it to the house and have trailing beans growing up it now. I also built the pictured teepee/trellis. I did not grow beans up this, rather I am growing a berry vine which I received from a fellow farm girl. I also made a cone shaped trellis from an old tomato cage turned upside down and covered in chicken wire. I secured the chicken wire to the cage with a thin gauge wire. I am training my honey suckle to grow up it in the garden.

I am pleased with how all three of these came out and I cannot wait to see how the plants grow up them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Hall (mrssarahhall, #5223) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“I am not a very experienced knitter, but my grandmother was an amazing knitter who designed her own blankets... stunning work. She taught me a bit about knitting when I was a child, but I never fully understood it. I decided to pick it up and try again. This project did require a couple of phone calls to her, but in the end, I think I got it!

I am really happy with how the project turned out. I think larger handles might have been a better choice though, the top opening was a little tight.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Courtney Robbins (FolkHearts, #4840) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“To earn this badge, my boyfriend and I planted a garden for the first time last summer. We made raised beds and hung chicken wire for our pole beans and cucumbers. We started our own compost pile, we purchased organic heirloom seeds and maintained an organic garden all summer long without the use of pesticides or synthetic fertilizers! I do not have a copy of "Montrose: Life in A Garden", but we did read 'Heirloom Life Gardener" By, Jere & Emilee Gettle (Coufounders of The Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company). This year we actually ordered many of our organic heirloom seeds from Baker Creek, as well as save seeds from our own garden.

Our "Garden of Eaten" as my boyfriend, Cody, likes to say, was gorgeous! We enjoyed fresh herbs, cucumbers and beans all summer long. Our tomato plants took a while to get going, but once they started fruiting we had many! I also had a small wildflower garden where we planted gorgeous sunflowers that have come back this year!! We are just now enjoying many seeds that we saved for this years garden! What I love about this badge is that once you start using heirloom seeds and gardening organically, you have the variety of plants forever and the knowledge of growing naturally. Our garden is never really finished...just a work in progress, from seed to harvest, to plate, to compost, to seed again! That is why I put today's date on the date finished for this badge because we learned so much from the whole process and what to do differently or save for the following year!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:37:15 PM  Show Profile
Courtney Robbins (FolkHearts, #4840) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“To earn the Backyard Farmer badge Cody and I have started buying eggs from our local Natural Living Center. The items sold at the Natural Living Center are organic and they have a nice selection of local farm fresh eggs, dairy, meat and poultry.

To earn the second part of this badge, Cody and I started buying our cat, Pheobe (FEEBS) organic cat food. Our little black panther is also quite the huntress and she often feeds herself and brings us remnants of her dinner for dessert! It's gross, but she's a wild one ;)

Last year our landlord made a chicken coop and raised chickens for meat and they had one rooster. We enjoyed their company for most of the summer, but there was a fox problem so they sent them to slaughter at the end of the season. Now we just enjoy our farm fresh eggs from the natural living center and dream of one day having a chicken coop of our own someday!!

As far as Miss Feebles, this year we discovered her love of table scraps (pork, chicken, fish, anything meaty) so we have been buying a small cut of fresh meat from the Natural Living Center and cooking her special little treats! We also just discovered an excellent organic brand of cat food that she absolutely loves!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Carole Prevost Meier (ceridwen, #3610) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Intermediate Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I have since opened an account with Ancestry.com and have done some research on my family history. Just this weekend (Jun 14/14) I sat down with my father again to learn more about his side of the family. Although I listed June 16 as the finish date, this is an ongoing project.

Because my roots are in Quebec Canada, the Catholic church kept records of birth, marriages and death. It fascinates me to find a record with my ancestor's signature. I feel more connected. I also learned that my paternal great grand mother was an illegitimate child. She is listed as Virginie unknown. It took me for ever to find her birth records! No one in my family knew of this. Of course, in her time this was a big deal.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Wendy Kay Skovo (WendyFlower, #4700) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level What's Your Beef? Merit Badge!

“I've been learning about grass fed beef for some time. Living in the Dakotas for the last 20+ years I have encountered the discussion on grass fed beef more than once. It's appalling that even in the middle or ranch country you are unlikely to find local grass fed beef at your grocery store. I visited in person with Susan from Rosebud Beef Ranch, listed on eatwild.com. I think I met her at the stock show in Rapid City SD. We kept her business card on the fridge so we could order meat.

As a child I remember seeing cattle feedlots near the interstate in Northern California, so disgusting. The cattle are barely kept alive on crappy near desert lands, then fattened up for market at feedlots in unhealthy and inhumane conditions requiring antibiotics etc. If this is not bad enough beef production is just not sustainable, the amount of land needed to raise and feed cattle is an unreasonable way to try to feed the planet, especially in the quantities that are eaten in the USA. I've read you article and links online and checked out your recipes. I want to try that corned beef, mmm.

I have type A blood, so I thrive on a vegetarian diet. But my family are all type O blood and need to eat plenty of red meats. 3 years ago my sweetie, Dale, brought a handful of Scottish Highland cattle and we now have 18 of them. Happy cattle on organic grasslands that we have lovingly cared for. I came to live here 1 1/2 years ago and have helped to care for them. Last week we butchered one. I helped to skin it, saw it in big hunks, cut and grind it into useable portions. We vacuum sealed and butcher wrapped the cuts and filled up our freezers. I intend to share some with my town friends and to tan the hide. We're pleased.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Wendy Kay Skovo (WendyFlower, #4700) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“My Moms(birth and step) were both into herbs. I was obligated to collect comfrey and chamomile that grew wild near our home for my step mom. I used Raspberry leaf and squaw vine tea throughout my 3 pregnancies and had short-ish labor. When I was 19, serving in the Air Force in England I found The HOlistic Herbal published by the Findhorn foundation, it remains my favorite herbal text even though it doesn't cover everything I wish it did. I think it's out of print now.

Comfrey is used for wound healing, also known as boneknit. Not considered safe internally any longer. Valerian is for insomnia I have two growing for this purpose. Yarrow for fever, it grows wild all over the place. Raspberry leaf is a great tonic for the female reproductive system, I've been using it for years. Sweet Woodruff, once dried smells great, it's an ingredient in the mead of inspiration, a reclaimed Pictish honey wine.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:50:29 PM  Show Profile
Wendy Kay Skovo (WendyFlower, #4700) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“Growing perennial herbs from seeds is very tedious. However this year I have gotten a number of them to survive. A couple of them that I have hardened off and transferred to the outdoor garden successfully are Marshmallow and Holy Basil. For cooking I bought seedlings of basil and cilantro.

My starts and seedlings are doing great and have weathered rain and hail storms. I had to move my basil from the original location because the drainage was poor, it recovered. I've used the cilantro quite a bit in cooking, love popping out to the garden for fresh cooking herbs. Basil is smaller and I have only plucked one leaf to include in a homemade lotion for insect repelling.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:53:27 PM  Show Profile
Wendy Kay Skovo (WendyFlower, #4700) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I watched the trailer at vanishing bees. I have planted borage, fennel, calendula,lemon balm, chamomile,clover and other bee friendly flowers. I've read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd and watched the movie. I own the dvd and try to get people to watch it with me.

I've been in love with honey bees a long time. My mom kept bees for a while. Bees are one of my obsessions. I've taught a workshop on building top bar bee hives. I have had 3 attempts at starting a hive. UPS killed my first package, my second try was a small caught swarm that didn't make it through the winter, my 3rd package of bees had a queen that died and by the time I realized it and replaced her there was not time to put up enough stores for winter even with feeding.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:55:17 PM  Show Profile
Wendy Kay Skovo (WendyFlower, #4700) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I found a local honey guy, did some refresher research on raw vs. processed honey and read a number of books.

Learning about local honey & bees. I found Ed's Honey, a local business that has since passed to Ed's son and gotten big and commercial. But Ed still processes a small portion by simply straining through cheese cloth, this he sells locally. The raw honey is better because the minimal processing lets the nutrients and pollen remain... that's where a lot of the health benefits come from including allergy prevention. Commercial honey is treated with high heat and diluted and often comes from China. There is a school of thought out there that if it no longer has traces of pollen then its not even considered honey.

I've read Robbing the Bees by Holley Bishop; lots of info on bees, beekeeping and honey. Chalice by Robin McKinley; a novel featuring a beekeeper. And Sacred & Herbal Healing Beers; which has tons of historical information on the role of honey in longevity and good health. I have not read anything by Candace Savage.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Wendy Kay Skovo (WendyFlower, #4700) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I inherited 9 heritage breed (Barred Rock) hens that I have been caring for. Then in March got a batch of Cornish Cross meat chicks and two barred rock roosters. We get a non-gmo feed for our chicks.

The hens are laying well this year. The meat birds do not get along well with the hens so I created a separate area for them. The baby roosters are still a bit intimidated by the hens but learning to get along. They have an area they can "escape" to when the hens are too peckish. I started the chicks on a commercial medicated feed and weaned them to a non-gmo oat/corn cracked grain mixture. I bring them garden/kitchen scraps that seem appropriate from time to time. I want to build a 'chicken tractor'.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Jodi Chen (Prairie Princess, #4440) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“1) Read Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists & Creatives of all Kinds by Tara Frey.
Armed with a stack of sticky notes, a cup of tea, and Tara Frey's book, I spent the afternoon curled up on the couch reading her excellent advice, marking pages for reference as I went. I love how she presents the flexibility of blogging...how some enjoy it solely for a hobby, while others use it as both personal & business outlet; how themes and post schedules, platforms and audiences are all widely unique and adaptable to our own style & aesthetic. This, combined with her down to earth presentation of technical advice, made for a very handy read!

2) Choose your topic. Pick something you are passionate about.
As I bookmarked information and inspiring blogs with my yellow sticky notes, I also jotted down some keywords for blog themes/topics that personally inspire me:
- Decor
- Lifestyle
- Home
- Inspire Me
- DIY

Completing the beginner level requirements for this merit badge has been very inspiring! I feel ready to jump into my very own blog experience...armed with good technical advice, a list of inspiring blogs/bloggers, and a clear vision of what I want my personal blog to include. Can't wait to move onto the Intermediate requirements, and create my own blog/journal.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Dawn Cox (#4676) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“I made a peacock flight pen and chicken coop from free pallets. Except for the mesh netting I was able to use things that I already had for these projects.

My two peacocks are pleased with the extra room they have now and my daughter was able to raise 6 chicks and keep them on our land.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Dawn Cox (#4676) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Carp-hen-try Merit Badge!

“I live in rural Western NY and have Amish neighbors that have small home businesses that provide them with extra wood pallets that they give away. I made a work table from a half pallet and landscaping timber legs. I also made a garden bench from pallets.

I have enjoyed building and using these projects. They are sturdy enough to be left outside and can handle my needs. I think the most fun comes from trying not to spend any money making things for the farm.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Sarah Hall (mrssarahhall, #5223) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Disconnect to Reconnect Merit Badge!

“My husband, Chris, and I went camping in the Pawnee Grasslands for a long weekend. We unplugged from technology for the weekend and spent time glamping, walking, taking photos, cooking over the camp fire and he read to me while I worked on embroidering the merit badges I have earned so far.

I was unplugged longer than the badge requirement, because it was a wonderful experience. I was actually a little sad to come back and reconnect. I unplugged on Thursday night and didn't not reconnect until late on Sunday. It was wonderful to spend time with my husband, and dog, without the interruptions of cell phones! Included is a photo I took at our campsite at sunset.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:32:26 PM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2, #4392) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“I learned how to do the knit stitch. I made a bright yellow neck warmer. I started with 36 chain stitches and then knitted 36" in length. I brought the two ends together and added 3 large buttons. The neck warmer turned out very well. My daughter has requested four more of varying colors."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Carole Prevost-Meier (ceridwen, #3610) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“I have continued to do my research on Ancestry.com and my maternal and paternal tree continues to grow. I love research and find myself spending hours on the website. At the end of May, I determined a date to have a family BBQ. Although I could not locate "distant" (not sure how distant is distant) I did invite a cousin I had not seen in more then 20 years from my paternal side.

I hosted a BBQ on July 5 and had my immediate family (mother, father, brother, sister and their children) and a distant cousin and his wife join us (his 2 children were unable to make it). It was wonderful to see my family re-connect with my father's sister's son. We talked about various ancestral stories (for example why did my paternal Grandmother go to Alberta alone etc). It gave me lots of stories to write about my paternal side of the family. I specially enjoyed watching my daughter re-connect with her cousins, whom we saw once a year during the holidays. I am planning another BBQ in the beginning of Aug to re-connect my family. Thank you for offering me the opportunity to learn from all this. Badges are a great way for me to get back in touch with what it truly important in my life. They are work but fun work!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“My household is already "Green" and has been since sometime around 1998. I created a basket for my mother-in-law with "green" cleaning supplies. Within the basket I included: A bottle of concentrated all purpose cleaner (made with white vinegar and orange peels..I use this cleaner for almost everything in my house), Flannel faux papertowels, Knitted dish cloths, Knitted scrubbies, Swiffer inspired fleece replacements dusters and hand-sewn tea towels.

I absolutely loved how the basket turned out. I used a wooden box with a handle on it to hold everything. I decorated the wooden box with a pretty tissue paper and Mod Podge. I also tied a bow around the box. My mother-in-law loves the basket. Now that she is trying the products....she trusts them and loves them. She is also realizing the money savings in using the type of products.

Our Lord gave us stewardship if this planet. In doing so, He trusted us to care for all here. In this house and family we worship our Lord and will do what we can to preserve our earth and respect all he has presented to us”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  3:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“I currently make two different types of clothing detergent. One is power and the other is a cream consistency. It is also very concentrated...the powder only requires 2 Tablespoons and the cream required 1 Tablespoon. In regards to my soap making....I am currently making cold processing soaps for my family and I to use. I currently only use 1 cleanser in my house. It is made with vinegar and orange peels. It works on everything. I created a booklet 2 years ago that I shared with all the women in my family with the different recipes I have used for cleansers through the last few years. This way they can decide for themselves which they prefer.

I love all of the products that I make. They started out as crafts that I could learn. All these years later, I love the simplicity and cleanliness that comes with the homemade. In a fast paced world it is so easy to stay in the simple way of life.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  4:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“My house has been "green" for over 20 years now. It is quite simple to organize around a principle that I have lived with for years now. I did get rid of a few things recently that had not been used in years though.

I have two clotheslines. One is in my backyard and one is in my laundry room. I utilize both of them as each day dictates. Line drying is the best in the summer. My husband and I recently painted several rooms in a rental house that we own in Colorado. We did utilize a Low Odor and Low VOC paint made by Benjamin Moore. It is called Pristine Eco-Spec Paint. I had the rooms painted in nice beige called Crisp Toast.

We had the carpeting removed from the house. To our wonderful surprise we found the original oak floors from when it was built in 1920. We still have quite a bit of work with sanding and restaining, but it will be worth it. Currently, I do not have any girlfriends. We are sort of new to our area and we live in an isolated area in the mountains. The time I donated was to help my mother-in-law to "green" her house. It took way more than 8 hours. She lives in a very hot and humid area in Louisiana. We had to do quite a bit of extra scrubbing because of the mustiness that the humidity creates.

I always recycle my books to my local library. The recent books that I donated were: Slow Down Therapy written by Linus Mundy, The Hour that Changes the World...A Practical Plan for Personal Prayer written by Dick Eastman, Be Still written by Jane E. Vennard, Everything Belongs...The Gift of Contemplative Prayer written by Richard Rohr and Moment by Moment...A Retreat in Everyday Life written by Carol and Smith and Eugene F. Merz. I let a few members that I have acquaintances with at church know of these books and that they could be found at the library.

I love being able to share and donating time and information are some of the easiest donations that can be done. It is actually very easy to find non-toxic paints. We are very happy with providing a safe place for tenants to live. Removing the carpet since we didn't know how long it had been there was a blessing for us to find the oak flooring.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  4:33:53 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I currently own approximately 50 reusable shopping bags. Some are homemade, some purchased, and some received as gifts. I utilize them in all of my shopping. I committed to this years ago. I keep half of the bags in my car and the other half in my husbands truck. This way we have them at all times. I also keep 3 of them in my purse. They fold up to tiny bags and stores easily.

I love using my own bags and when people see me in stores pulling out my own they usually always comment that they need to start the same thing. I tell them they can start by purchasing one that is near the check out counters.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  4:35:53 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I currently keep my house clean with only homemade cleansers. I have been for over 20 years. I committed to this entirely in 1994 when I was diagnosed with Cancer and was told that it was due to water contamination when the government buried toxic chemicals and it leaked into the ground water.

I love knowing that I am cleaning with natural products. By the way....I am cancer free and have been since 1995.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  4:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly Lore (#5962) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“The area that I live in currently has some pretty large recycling program. Since we live out of town in a rural area they do not offer the curbside pick-ups. Within the 3 companies that recycle they accept the following products: glass, plastic, cardboard, white paper, tin, aluminum, steel, tires, copper, stainless steel, oil, anti-freeze, and air-conditioning refrigerant.

I recycle quite a bit myself, but I was surprised while calling the 3 companies how much more could be recycled. I have always recycled within the household type categories, but I never really knew of the industrial categories that exist. Very informative.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page