Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  3:30:08 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level UFOs Merit Badge!

“I started off the new year by finally cleaning out my craft closet..and that was when I came across these crochet squares. I completely forgot that I even made them. Lucky for me I have enough yarn to finish them although I am not sure how many more I will make. Once I think I have enough I am going to sew them together and make an afghan out of them complete with a wavy border.

I'm really liking how the squares are turning out. I have enough left over yarn too! So this is a great way for me to use up the left over yarn as well. I will post a pic of the afghan on chat when it's finished.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  3:33:09 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“My community finally got on the recycling band wagon a few years ago. Since then I check the list always making sure that I cam recycle as much as I possibly can even if it is the smallest of scraps because small scraps can turn into big piles! Great! The more that can be recycled the better.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  3:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“Luckily our town decided to start recycling a few years ago. At first I was thinking ... is it really going to matter that much? But when I researched what could be recycled and realized how much that I could actually put into the bins from a family of four, I was convinced.

It's going great! I sometimes drive my sons and husband crazy as I go around picking up all of the trash and things that I know can go into the recycling bins that we have.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  3:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I've been recycling for years. I still go to our towns website to check on the list and make sure that nothing's changed and that i am recycling as much as I possibly can. I also try and recycle wherever else I go if it's possible for me to do so.

Although I think I drive some people crazy because I am always looking for ways to recycle and reuse, I think it's going great and i will continue to recycle for as long as I possibly can.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  3:52:44 PM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2, #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Scrapbooking Merit Badge!

“I compiled a digital scrapbook for my mother. She wrote the text and then I put it together with photos and computer graphics to create a 79 page book about her life. It is a treasure to my mother, her children and her grandchildren.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  3:56:21 PM  Show Profile
SuZan Brown (imascholar2, #4394) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Greatest Generation Merit Badge!

“Every week for 4 months I took an elderly woman to get her hair done. I picked her up at the nursing home and drove her to her hair dresser and then returned her to her nursing home. I also took her to church and community events so she could spend time with her friends.

This was a a very satisfying experience. I enjoyed getting to know her as we traveled to he appointments and other events.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  3:59:59 PM  Show Profile
Beth Lohman (Cntybuff, #2591) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“Started picking up a few bags then a few more. Well since I live in California I have really started remembering to use them. Paying for bags is crazy and bad to use anyway. I have quite the collection going now. Next I am going to make a few of my own.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  4:35:34 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Birds Merit Badge!

“I've been interested in and feeding our backyard feathered friends for years. I've been meaning to buy a good book to study so that I can actually learn what kind of birds that I am feeding and how to attract different kinds of birds to my yard. I picked up "The Field Guide To Birds" which not only educates me on the birds that live in my area but also to birds all over North America. I love the fact that there is a lovely colored picture along with a great description of each bird and the book is helping me tremendously with my ability to name each bird as it comes into my yard.

It's turning out great! I'm really enjoying learning about all of the birds. Birds are something that most of us see every day but I wonder if we really 'see' them. They are such beautiful, graceful animals and I am having a great time getting to know them better.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  4:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Quilling Merit Badge!

“I started off learning to quill by making quilled snowflakes then I wanted to progress further by learning how to do different shapes and flowers. So I thumbed through the quilling books that I have and decided to make a small collage that I plan on framing and hanging up once I find a frame that I like for it.

I really like how it came out and I loved learning how to quill the different shapes. It's a bit time consuming but I think it's worth it. I'm already planning what I want to quill for my expert badge!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  4:42:25 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Mindfulness Meditation Merit Badge!

“I tried meditation last year but got so busy with other things that I gave it up. I just recently started getting into it again. I have really bad anxiety and I need a lot of quiet and peace to get through my day so I thought I would start meditating again. It calms and centers me and helps me breathe. I'm making it a point to meditate at least ten minutes a day for now then I am going to increase the time to fifteen minutes and so on.

It's working out great. I find it very calming. It helps to bring me to the here and now and not worry so much about things that haven't even happened and probably never will happen. I am planning on studying more about it and finding different ways to stay calm and focused and to not worry so much about everything.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  1:43:06 PM  Show Profile
Suzy Rhoades (distizmoi, #6922) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level The Secret Life of Bees Merit Badge!

“I watched the video. Love it! Such beautiful photography. Read The Secret Life of Bees. I planted flowers that bees like.

My husband and I have several bee hives. We are entering our second year. What an experience! My husband is scared of bees but he's out there all the time making sure they have everything they need and that they are protected from critters. He has wrapped the apiary with electric fence. Much to the horror of the skunk who keeps forgetting that the fence is electrified.

This was a wonderful book but such a sad way for a young woman to begin her life. I was so happy she met and got to stay with August Boatwright and her sisters. My granddaughter and I planted wildflower seeds in the woods around our house. I'm hoping this spring they come to life with color.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  1:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Denise Meister (Denisemgm, #1976) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Mindfulness Meditation Merit Badge!

“I looked at the many different ways to meditate to figure out the one that works best for me, and I find I lean toward a cross of Christianity and yoga. I use the tools of yoga to clear what's in my head, and I listen to both what my body and spirit are telling me, but I open my heart and pray to God and Jesus while doing so.

I also find that walking in the woods on a daily basis without any other noise (no music, no audio book, etc) does an amazing job of helping me achieve peacefulness, and so I try to get outside everyday or I try to spend at least ten minutes practicing calming poses in yoga while both praying and listening (meditating).

Doing this makes it much easier to deal with minor and huge complications that come up in life, and it helps me to figure out which ones to leave alone and which ones to put energy into.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Denise Meister (Denisemgm, #1976) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level UFOs Merit Badge!

“Oh dear, I have a lot of UFOs (but not as many as I had a few years ago!). I've been diligently working at decreasing my UFOs, particularly with fabric and yarn.

I put several different projects in designated bags with the right supplies and patterns. I made a list that I can check off when I finish a project, and I try to spend some time every day working on a project (whether it's bringing my knitting with me when I'm waiting for my kids or whether I dedicate an afternoon to getting something done).

Lists are always good, but here are my two major lessons:

1) Don't buy supplies "just because" - only buy supplies needed to finish what you've already started. (Admittedly, this is sometimes hard advice to follow, but it also helps me not to get distracted in my favorite stores - especially when I tell my daughter not to let me get more stuff!)

2. If you're not still in love with the project, it's okay to pass on the supplies on to another person or to a thrift store. I find that when I finish UFOs that I'm not passionate about, that it becomes a little bit of a waste of time because I won't really use/cherish what I just spent all that time making. So, I pass it on and focus on UFOs that I still really love!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Music Merit Badge!

“I turned fifty last year. I've always taken care of everyone except for myself. I always put myself last as a lot of women tend to do. But something hit hard last year and I thought 'there are many things that you've wanted to do, why not start at least one of them now' and so I did.

I've been wanting to learn how to play an instrument since I was seventeen! So I bought a guitar and I've been leaning how to play it. I'm having great fun learning how. But I don't want to just learn how to play the guitar, I want to understand it. I want to understand music theory and what makes it all go together to make the music that we all love. And so I've been reading, studying and strumming away and I must admit that I am having a great time doing it. And the best part is that I can already play a few easy songs!

It's going great! You have to have discipline if you want to learn how to play an instrument. You have to be dedicated and you have to practice. Lucky for me I love to practice and I'm having a lot of fun with it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:23:13 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Music Merit Badge!

“As I said when I applied for my beginner badge I have not only been learning how to play the guitar but I have also been learning music theory and what makes it all go together. I think my favorite composer it Mozart, although I love many others as well. I love comparing one kind of music to another as I love just about any kind of music out there. I think if you listen to any song close enough you will find elements of so many different kinds of music that you didn't even realize where there. And yet it all works to make the music that we all love.

I am such a music fanatic! I always have been and I am having a great time learning everything that I can and I hope to apply what I am learning to the actual playing of my guitars.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:24:55 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Expert Level Music Merit Badge!

“I started practicing the guitar last year. At first I just taught myself from books and videos but I was having a hard time understanding how to read what I was looking at so I decided to take some lessons. I took lessons for two months, once it clicked and I was able to understand what I was looking at I decided that I could teach myself the rest. All I was doing was learning from a book in class anyways. I have been practicing nearly every day since and I love it. I have an electric and an acoustic guitar and I love playing on both of them.

It's going great! Once I got past the bruised fingers (my older son flipped out when he saw my fingers, lol!) and my fingers toughened up, I haven't stopped practicing. I can play a few easy songs and I am trying to advance my playing and get better every day.

This October I also found a great local spot to listen to some brought in and local music. I had never heard of the place before, it's located in an old mill and it's about ten minutes from my house. The place is called The Narrows and it's such a great place for music!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Joanna Green (Joanna, #5965) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I have dabbled a little in crocheting in the past but haven't made anything very useful! I decided to crochet this head band using mostly double crochets. I spent about four hours on this project since I'm not very experienced. I love it and it is very comfortable to wear.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Joanna Green (Joanna, #5965) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“When I moved to my new location about four years ago, I checked into what could be recycled.

My recycling center recycles most plastics, cans, glass, cardboard, and batteries. A local department store also has a bin for recycling fluorescent light bulbs.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:33:29 PM  Show Profile
Joanna Green (Joanna, #5965) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“At the time that I moved to my new location four years ago, I set up two different bins. I mix glass, tin, and plastics containers together until I go to the recycling center where I then sort each thing. (I don't really have room for anymore bins, and I take my recycling out often so it's not really a problem to sort at the center). The other bin is for paper and cardboard. I would like to purchase a shredder, but at this point I just trying to cut up my confidential papers into tiny pieces with the scissors! I also have a small container where I gather batteries to be recycled.

I have done this recycling for four years.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:34:45 PM  Show Profile
Joanna Green (Joanna, #5965) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“As I mentioned in my Intermediate level, I have been recycling for four years!

My mom has been recycling some things for many years, but I have recruited her to start recycling things like batteries and fluorescent light bulbs. I have worked at getting some of my coworkers to recycle things at work. (The bins are there, but not everyone uses them!)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Kiersten Childs (AutumnCountryGirl, #7232) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I visited my town's website and found a page about recycling options. My town offers residents a 95-gallon recycling bin for a one time fee of $60. Items that can be recycled include aluminum cans, plastic bottles, cardboard, food and beverage cartons (ex: milk or orange juice cartons), newspapers, magazines, junk mail, steel/tin cans, and glass bottles.

I noticed that my parents have a recycling bin already so I am making a promise to myself to remember to place items that can be recycled into the bin. I will also bring recyclable items from my apartment to my parent's house to be recycled instead of throwing them in the trash.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  2:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Kiersten Childs (AutumnCountryGirl, #7232) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“For the Languages and Culture merit badge, I chose to learn about Dutch culture. I am very interested in learning about their culture because the Dutch are said to be some of the happiest people on Earth and the embrace a culture of minimalism and simplicity.

Basic Dutch Terms:
Ja- Yes
Nee- No
Alsjebleift- Please
Dank je- thanks
Graag gedaan- you're welcome
Hallo- Hello
Doei- Bye

Basic Dutch Numbers:
0- nul
1- een
2- twee
3-drie
4-vier
5- vijf
6- zes
7- zeven
8- acht
9- negen
10- tien

I've always enjoyed using basic greetings to greet my friends, family, and coworkers. I normally use French but today I tried some Dutch terms. I ended up having an entire conversation (in English) about Dutch culture with my boss today when I greeted him in Dutch and he asked me what I said.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  3:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (#170) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“When I was a little girl my mother always read me a bedtime story. My most favorite story was Puss In Boots, which took place mostly in France. But all of the other stories that I loved so much took place in England. Peter Pan, Peter Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins to name a few were always my absolute favorites. I case you were wondering I was and still am an absolute book nut! When I got older I got into Robin Hood, King Arthur and anything Tolkien. And then it became the real British history that caught my attention. I've been obsessed with English history since I was five or six years old and I've been learning about the British Isles ever since.

Studying English history has been somewhat of an obsession of mine, although I have yet to go there. I think (or at least I hope) I'm finally going to England next year (I've only waited for forty five years) Until then I will continue to read, learn and study about my most favorite place in the world.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  3:26:14 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (#170) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“As I stated in my beginner badge, I've been obsessed with English history most of my life. I don't think I could ever chose any one person to write about but I have done a lot of research and studying on The Bronte's, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Queen Victoria (of course) Lord Byron and Beatrix Potter to name a few. I love reading and I love learning and I'm always looking for more information on anything to do with The British Isles.

Learning about England and it's surrounding countries is a never ending fun and educational outlet for me. I'm a history nut and I love to read and learn anything about England.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2017 :  3:30:47 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Mindfulness Meditation Merit Badge!

“As it is my lifelong lifestyle I continue to use prayer and Bible study as my mindfulness meditation practice.

I also listen to Christian music and when I do this I do stretching and/or breathing or singing with it.

My prayer and Bible study is on a daily basis and I find that it gives my life focus, balance and peace.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page