Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  09:28:37 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I work 16 hour days every other month from 1500 to 0700 as Security in a maximum security mental health facility. At 2230 all my fellas get locked in their rooms for the night, and the doors stay locked until 0700 except in emergency situations. Aside from doing rounds during my last 8 hours there is really not a lot to do. I read, or play video games on my phone, but I decided I needed to do something a little more constructive, and I began going through the merit badge requirements. I found a lot of badges that require research, and I enjoy looking things up, so I began my quest for the Civics Challenge.

1) what is the supreme law of the land? Article VI of the constitution states that this constitution and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and that treaties made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding. In short, the Constitution of the United States is law and must be followed, no ifs, ands, or buts.

2)What does the Constitution do? The Constitution established America's national government and fundamental laws and guaranteed certain basic rights for American citizens.

3)The idea of self government is in the first 3 words of the constitution. What are they? WE THE PEOPLE.

4)What do we call the first 10 amendments of the Constitution? The Bill of Rights.

5)Name 2 rights or freedoms listed in the 1st amendment. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech.

6)What did the Declaration of Independence do? It severed political ties between the 13 American colonies and summarized colonists motivations for seeking independence.

7)Name 2 rights in the Declaration of Independence. Life and Liberty, but we must never forget the all important Pursuit of Happiness.

8)What is Freedom of Religion? The right to practice whatever religion one chooses without the government butting in.

9)What is the economic system in the United States? Capitalism.

10)What is the rule of law? Law should govern a nation, not individual government officials.

This was a lot of fun to research and think about with all of the crazy things that have been going on with our government lately. It's a good thing certain policies were put in place at the birth of our country that we have adhered to, or we would be in a world of trouble. Our Founding Fathers were geniuses.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  09:32:32 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“I'm on a roll, continuing to plug away at the Civics Challenge, it helped refresh my memory of the things I learned in high school.

1)Three branches of government. Executive, Legislative, Judicial.

2) What keeps one branch from becoming too powerful? A well placed system of checks and balances.

3)Who is in charge of the executive branch? The President

4)Who makes Federal Laws? Congress creates and passes bills, the President signs them into law.

5)What are the two parts of the United States Congress? House of Representatives, United States Senate.

6)How many U.S. Senators are there? 100, 2 per state.

7)Illinois state senator: Tammy Duckworth. Illinois state representative: Daniel J. Burke

8)What is the term of a U.s. Senator? 6 years. 1/3 of the seats are up for election every 2 years.

9)What is the term of a U.S. Representative? There is no term limit.

10)What is the term of the President? 4 years, max 8 years under normal circumstances. Can be 10 years if certain conditions are met.

11)Who is the Commander in Chief of the military? The President, however this is something that I don't fully agree with if the President is a draft-dodger.

12)Who signs the bills to become laws? The President.

Easy day. Though question 11 has been a pet peeve of mine ever since I was in the Navy. I was tasked to drive in President Clinton's motorcade while stationed in Hawaii and was expected to salute him as he was President. I was 20 years old and gung-ho military, and I refused to salute a man who had dodged the draft. My dad was in Vietnam as a Seabee, he volunteered to serve his country and had multiple tours in 'Nam. Others were drafted and served their country. We are Americans, and when the call to arms is put out we answer.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  09:36:13 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“And finally the last part of this challenge...

1)Who vetos bills? The President.

2)What does the Judicial Branch do? Interprets laws and the Constitution.

3)What is the highest court in the United States? Supreme Court

4)How many justices are on the Supreme Court? 9, though it has been changed many times throughout history.

5)Who is the Chief Justice the United States? John Glover Roberts Jr.

6)Two of the four powers that belong to the Federal Government under the Constitution: Power to coin money, power to declare war and raise and maintain Armed Forces.

7)Two of the five powers that belong to the States under the Constitution: Decisions impacting state policies regarding education, punishments for criminal activities.

8)Who is the governor of Illinois? Bruce Rauner, and may he not be re-elected.

9)What is the capital of Illinois? Springfield 10)What are the two main political parties in the United States? Republican and Democrat.

11)What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives? Paul Ryan.

I remembered quite a few things during this challenge. It was fun to do. Now I must get to work, another 16 hour day, but I will find something else to study tonight.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2018 :  09:38:43 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I chose Japanese for languages and culture as I have been fascinated with them ever since I was stationed in Okinawa when I was in the Navy. I have learned quite a bit these last few weeks and have found it a fun challenge to write using Japanese characters. And counting out loud in Japanese is fun too, I have been singing the numbers to help remember the correct pronunciation.

1=Ichi
2=Ni
3=San
4=Shi
5=Go
6=Roku
7=Shichi
8=Hachi
9=Kyuu
10=Juu
Good morning=Ohayo gozimasu
Hello=Konnichiwa
Good night=Oyasumi nasai
Hi (informal)=Ya
Hey (informal)=Yo
What's up=Saikin do

This is fun, working on counting to 20 now and can say "Hello, my name is Maggie." In Japanese. And I can't get the song Domo arigato Mr. Roboto out of my head...”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2018 :  09:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“For my influential person of Japanese culture I chose Honda Tadakatsu, a fearless samurai who fought under the last shogunate Tokugawa. Due to Tadakatsu's decisive victory at the Battle of Sekigahara, Japan became united under Tokugawa and peace was finally established. Honda Tadakatsu was born on March 17, 1548 which is cool because I discovered him on March 17 while reading about Samurais. He was born in Mikawa, East of present day Nagoya city. He was a fearsome warrior who never backed down from a fight, and though he was a veteran of over 100 battles, he never sustained any major wounds.

His helmet was adorned with deer antlers, so he would have been an easy target to spot, but he charged into battle on his horse wielding his spear, Tonbo-Giri, which means Dragonfly Cutter, and his katana, Nakatsukasa Masamune, which has a 67 inch blade, and proceeded to defeat his enemies almost every time. His spear is a national treasure, known as one of the 3 great spears of Japan. Legend has it that he kept it so sharp that one day when a dragonfly landed on it, the dragonfly split in half. His Katana is also a national treasure.

He also has the distinction of being one of the four heavenly kings of Tokugawa, and was often referred to as the Warrior Who Surpassed Death due to his luck on the battlefield. For his service to the Tokugawa clan he was rewarded with the fief of Otaki in Chiba Prefecture where he built Otaki Castle.

After peace was established and his skills no longer needed on the battlefield he felt useless and became depressed. He didn't enjoy civilian life as much as he enjoyed the battlefield. He died on December 3rd, 1610 in Kuwana at Jodoji Temple. Because of his skill in battle, the name Tadakatsu took on new meaning. Tada can mean only, and Katsu can mean win.

I have always liked samurais, but I had never researched just one specific samurai before. I am going to have to look up some more. He is like a 16th century superhero.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2018 :  09:41:24 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Weather Merit Badge!

“Weather has always fascinated me. It's an amazing phenomenon that the human race has no control over, making it quite humbling when we are at it's mercy. It doesn't always rain when we need it to, or it rains too much. It gets too cold outside to work comfortably and causes goat and chicken water to freeze and I have to haul buckets of water from the house to the barn all day long. Or it gets so hot which dries and hardens the ground making it hard to dig fence post holes. As farmers we are at the mercy of weather. It can cause our crops to thrive or die. It's hard on our livestock. My goats hate rain, my chickens play in snow. Weather is an awesome force that we must adapt to when it isn't cooperating and overcome the many obstacles it throws in our direction. Sometimes the weather is a farmers best friend, other times it's our worst enemy.

1)Atmosphere is the layer of gases known as air that surrounds Earth and is retained by Earth's gravity.
2)How does atmosphere contribute to weather conditions? The atmosphere is made up of five levels. Troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, ionosphere, and exosphere. Most of the clouds are in the troposphere, the atmosphere level closest to Earth. It contains a plethora of gases, carbon dioxide, methane, water vapor, and nitrous oxide to name a few. These gases assist with retaining heat, some of which gets radiated back and warms the Earth.
3)Atmospheric pressure is the force exerted on a surface by the air above it as gravity pulls it to Earth. Atmospheric pressure drops as altitude increases and is also an indicator of weather.
4)What is the difference between a high and low pressure system? A low pressure system causes cloudiness, wind, and precipitation, a high pressure system creates calm, fair weather.
5)A barometer is a tool used to measure atmospheric pressure consisting of mercury in a glass tube which raises and lowers as the weight of the atmosphere changes.
6)Wind is formed by the uneven heating of the Earth's surface by the sun. Due to different water and land formations, Earth absorbs radiation from the sun unevenly. Two factors are needed to create wind. Speed and direction.
7)How do air masses and fronts contribute to weather formations? Air masses are created when air stops moving over an area that has consistent surface features, such as deserts or oceans. Large masses of air can accumulate without being broken by other topographical features, like mountains. Fronts develop at a boundary where two air masses with different temperatures and usually different humidities meet. Cold front: cold air mass moves into an area occupied by warm air mass which decreases air pressure and forms clouds that cause rain and thunderstorms.
8)How are clouds formed? When air rises and cools to where the water vapor molecules stick together faster than they are torn asunder by their thermal energy. Some of that water vapor condenses to form cloud droplets. Then they can either collide with each other and grow before falling back down as rain or snow or they evaporate, turning back into water vapor.
9)How are clouds classified? Clouds are classified by appearance and height. CIRRO: curl of hair, high layer; ALTO: mud precipitation; CUMULO: heap; STRATO: layers; NIMBO: rain.

Quite informative, and fitting as I transfer my notes from my notebook while sitting in the parking lot at work while the rain beats down on the car and lighting flashes in the distance. It's a goodd day to write about weather.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2018 :  10:12:22 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Fishing Merit Badge!

“I downloaded a copy of fishing regulations for Illinois. I had no idea it would have so many pages. There is a lot of information in it, but most of it mirrors the same rules as the other states I have fished in. Kansas, Hawaii, Alaska, Mississippi and California to name a few. The Fish and Game website was very informative on the different types of fish that can be caught in Illinois. They had 39 listed with pictures, descriptions, where to find them, and what types of bait to use. No matter where I have fished, I have used chicken livers and worms (and hotdogs and Doritos) for bait and have had pretty good luck with catfish and crappie.

What I didn't know was that there is salmon fishing in the Great Lakes, just a couple of hours from where I live. The last time I went salmon fishing was in Alaska, and fresh salmon is delicious. I have also caught sheepshead fish in Mississippi, barracuda and eel in Vieques, accidentally caught a huge, HUGE tuna off a dock in Puerto Rico, and lots of other different fish from other places around the world. I love fishing. But I digress. Out of the 39 species in the list I have chosen 8 I would like (or am going) to catch this year along with the baits that it is suggested to use.

1)Bluegill-nightcrawlers, minnows, artificial flies, poppers, red worms, wax worms, red wrigglers, crickets.
2)Crappie-minnows, jigs, spinners
3)Large Mouth Bass-crawfish, nightcrawlers, worms, plastic worms, jigs, spinner baits, crankbaits, minnows
4)Small Mouth Bass-plastic worms, rooster tails, small spoons, jigs, frogs, minnows
5)Channel Catfish-chicken livers, night crawlers, cut bait, shrimp, small shad, minnows
6)Flathead Catfish-crawfish, nightcrawlers, artificial baits, minnows, sunfish, shad
7)Pink Salmon-silver spoons, spinners 8)Freshwater Drum-spoons, minnows, nightcrawlers, crawfish, small jigs, deep dicing cranl baits, worms.

There are a lot of different types of baits on the market. Different baits can attract different fish, and the depth of your line has a lot to do with what types of fish you are going to catch. For example catfish tend to be bottom feeders so you need to get your worm down to where 'ol mister catfish is going to notice it, but bass like hanging out in the top water, especially in the mornings where they feed on the bugs that are out on the water.

The pond I have on my farm is only 1/4 acre, but it is teeming with bass. I counted 12 last year hanging out with their heads coming out of the water to snap up some bugs. I prefer natural bait when I go fishing, such as nightcrawlers, waxworms, red worms, frogs, crickets, liver, shad, sunfish, shrimp, minnows, crawfish, hotdogs and Doritos. Not that Doritos are natural but the fish sure like 'em.

All this talk about fishing, makes me want to skip work tomorrow.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2018 :  10:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Maggie Lough (#7579) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Apples Merit Badge!

“Sweet apples originated on Kazakhstan's Chinese border. They spread into Europe from the Middle East. Apples grew wild in Britain during the Neolithic period, and Romans introduced apples with sweeter taste. The earliest mention of apples in Britain was around 885AD by King Alfred and his English translation of "Gregory's Pastoral Care." Improved varieties were introduced from France and orchards became commonplace in monasteries where the raising of new varieties started using cross pollination.

In 1607 the settlers of Jamestown began planting apple trees with the seeds and cuttings they had brought from England. Most of their varieties were quite bitter but were used for making cider which had become a popular drink in England. As far as apples in Plymouth the earliest records are from 1623, 3 years after they landed at Plymouth rock. William Blackstone is said to be the man that planted them, and legend has it that he had saddle trained a bull and rode around the country side distributing apples to his friends. The early orchards in the colonies did not fare well, producing very few apples, until the English settlers brought bee hives from England which was beneficial to the apple trees as cross pollination is required for apples.

4 ways apples have been used in everyday living for generations are cider, baking, dried apples, and livestock feed. 3 varieties of apples grown in Illinois for eating are Fuji, Gala, and Jonagold. 3 varieties used for cooking/canning are Golden Delicious, Rome, and Granny Smith. 3 varieties used for cider are Jonagold, Pink Lady, and Gala.

I cannot go apple picking until the apples are ready, and that won't be until August. We have 2 apple trees we planted a year ago but we have yet to have any apples on them. Maybe I need some bees... Anyways, I went to the store and bought 4 different apples that I don't believe I have ever tried. Envy, Pink Lady, Ambrosia, and Empire. They were okay, I'm not a big apple fan. The best apples I ever had was when I went apple picking at an orchard with a friend a few years ago. Fresh apples are amazing, and I really hope my trees take off this year.

Two facts that I'm going to share on farmgirl chat about apples are The Trojan war was began with an apple labeled "to the fairest", and in Latin, malus means apple but also means evil, oh, and fresh apples float because 25% of their volume is air.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  09:30:22 AM  Show Profile
Kristina Connolly (kristina72 #5176) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I have had a library card for some time now. I went to the Library yesterday and checked out the events, programs and offerings. They have a lot going on this summer, mostly kids events. They offer Job Search Help Labs, Resume Review, Meet & Greet local authors, after school reading programs. English as a second language classes and the list goes on. I submitted an application to volunteer a couple of evenings a week and checked out two books while I was there. My TBR piles are stacked in every room of the house.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  09:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Kristina Connolly (kristina72 #5176) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I created a sewing kit for my step daughter with the basic items needed. In a swap I received a cute heart pillow and while trying to replicate the pillow I decided it would make a cute pin cushion. I think it turned out well. I haven't given it to her yet as she is away at college and will be back for spring break soon.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2018 :  10:05:20 AM  Show Profile
Kristina Connolly (kristina72 #5176) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I've been collecting buttons for some time. Found buttons, spares off of clothes, cute buttons on clearance at the hobby store, etc. Turned out well. I have a variety of buttons and will continue to collect them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2018 :  10:50:06 AM  Show Profile
Vera E. Turner (Vera-Ellen #1477) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Pampered Pets Merit Badge!

“I own 2 dogs, 7 cats and 21 chickens. I love all my animals, but my chickens are my favorite. They give back if you are good to them. I talk to them, I walk with them and we all get together. I had to put my favorite older rooster down last year for bumble foot. Miss him every day. He loved the camera. I am sending you his beautiful picture. He was the first chick I ever hatched. I still have chickens! So there isn't a finish.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2018 :  10:52:21 AM  Show Profile
Vera E. Turner (Vera-Ellen #1477) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I embroidered a little needle carrier from an EGA pattern. Very pretty and I carry it whenever I stitch.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2018 :  11:03:01 AM  Show Profile
Vera E. Turner (Vera-Ellen #1477) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I purchased and sewed the Mary Jane apron kit. I think it turned out beautiful!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2018 :  11:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“I went through my storage cabinet. I threw away all the items that didn't match. I had a lot of extra Tupperware I don't use much so I donated it to the battered women shelter. This made a lot more room. I am happy to have the clutter gone and things organized.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2018 :  11:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann Kutemeier (Ruthie218 #4072) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Get It Together Merit Badge!

“My kitchen is very well stocked with items. I did down size many items to the homeless shelter. The one thing I found I could use are some small jars to put my spices in to make the spice rack above the stove look more organized. This has turned out well. I am happy with the outcome of organizing and downsizing.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2018 :  11:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Mary Sullivan (#7607) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“This is for beginning and intermediate badges.

For the beginner level, I made a complete sewing kit.
For the intermediate level, a friend of mine showed me how to sew by machine and also by hand. We completed a project together. Sewing by machine is fun and fast. Sewing by hand helps create intricate control with thread for fine details.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  10:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I have started to go "zero waste" by only shopping at the farmers' market with my own produce bags and the bulk food isles of my neighborhood food co-op. I make my own bathroom cleaners using essential oils, vinegar and baking soda. I use just lemon infused vinegar to clean the windows.

I like cleaning with organic cleaners way better than store-bought ones. I feel like my house is just as clean, but it smells cleaner with real lemon freshness.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  10:24:28 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We stopped having the trash picked up at our house. This forces us to be really aware of what trash we bring into the house and what we can recycle. Every other month we take our trash to the city dump for $18 a visit instead of $50+ a month for the subscription.

I like how it forces us to be more aware of product packaging and plastics that are not able to be recycled.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We take all of our trash and recyclables to the city dump every other month for $18 instead of the monthly subscription service at $50+. After telling my best friend about this, her family now does this as well. We have reduced our amount of waste we produce because we have to take out anything we bring into the house.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  10:29:02 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I researched cruelty-free & organic vs commercially made make-up and replaced my personal hygiene items with the following:

Tom's of Maine: toothpaste & deodorant.
Burt's Bees: lotion, lipstick (I also make lip balms from the nubs of my Burt's bees lipsticks), hand salve, blemish remover & BB cream.
Pacifica: perfume, eye shadow, mascara & lipstick.
Bare Minerals: eye shadow.
Eco-Tools for make up application.

I even switched to organic feminine hygiene products. The products have the same lasting effect on my skin as the commercially made ones and I like knowing that they are safer for me.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  10:31:26 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“My New Year's Resolution is to live a life focused on Balance, Simplicity & Sustainability. So far, I've been able to accomplish a lot of this with suggestions from the merit badge book.

I've replaced all of my beauty products with cruelty-free, organic, gmo-free, and/or vegan products.

I've also been making bath salts and bath teas. My friends all receive homemade bath salts and bath teas with Pacifica products for their birthdays and other celebrations, since I started this resolution on New Years.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  11:15:03 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Action Merit Badge!

“I work in an emergency room and a lot of our patients put off going to a doctor because they're worried that they cannot afford it. So I researched access to healthcare.

I am now the volunteer social media coordinator for Whole Washington a universal healthcare initiative (I-1600) to provide healthcare coverage to all Washingtonians and save our state $8 million a year. We are set to be on the next voter's ballot.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  11:31:26 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Community Action Merit Badge!

“I volunteer with Whole Washington as their Social Media Coordinator. I spend 5+ hours a week working on advertisements and imaging.

Whole WA (I-1600) is set to be on the next voter's ballot, so we are trying to switch to universal healthcare in WA State. The proposal saves the state $8 million a year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2018 :  11:32:32 AM  Show Profile
Paula Stack (YankeeBelle #6076) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“I oiled all the door hinges, bike chains, and garden tools for winter storage. This spring I have beautiful garden tools that are all ready to be used!”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page