Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  2:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (lynnem, #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Speak for the Trees Merit Badge!

“Although you can't stop the wind, strategic placement of a barrier of evergreen trees or shrubs will reduce it effects considerably. If moderate and steady, wind can dry out plants as quickly as the sun and can stunt the growth of anything you sow. Bugs and weed seeds also use wind to travel about.

When planting a windbreak consideration must be made for height when fully grown. To protect a house and garden area, the plants should be placed at least twice as far from the building as they will be high when fully grown. Care should be taken to assure that the windbreak will not block light to south-facing windows during the winter months. Because the immature plants need to be spaced far enough apart to allow for growth, the planting of inexpensive, fast-growing shrubs should be made to prevent funneling of the wind through those spaces until maturity is reached. The shrubs can then be removed to accommodate the larger trees.
Native plants that lend themselves to good windbreaks include hemlock, white pine, balsam fir, Eastern red cedar, white spruce, and American arborvitae.

I recently visited Crescent Park in Warren, Pennsylvania, and identified the following trees:
    1. Gingko -This tree is thought to be native to southeastern China. It is widely planted as an ornamental in the Eastern United States.
    2. Eastern Hemlock - The Eastern Hemlock is the state tree of Pennsylvania. It is native to the Northeast.
    3. Shagbark Hickory - This native member of the walnut family was used by the Native Americans and early pioneers for food and dyeing.
    4. American Basswood - When the basswoods are in flower, the trees are full of bees. This has led to the nickname "bee-tree." The basswood produces a strongly flavored honey. This tree is also native to the Northeast.

It was very interesting to research the reasons for using windbreaks and the different trees best suited to that purpose. I enjoyed walking around Crescent Park. The park is very near to where my father lived, and I had not visited it for any length of time since he passed away.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  2:43:56 PM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (lynnem, #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“Quite some time ago I got the idea to raise a flock of chickens so that I might have fresh eggs. Alas, it was not meant to be. I live in town and, although chickens are the only livestock permitted in the borough, the coop must be in your backyard and 20 feet from both your own house and your neighbor's. Since the entire width of my backyard is about fifteen feet, chickens were out. I tried to talk my husband into getting a Babydoll Southdown sheep and passing it off as a designer dog, but he wasn't buying that!

I do visit farmer's markets and pick up eggs, and I am so fortunate to have a large grocery store that is committed to providing organic and local choices not too far from my home.

I visited a large farmer's market in Westfield, New York, over the weekend and purchased eggs, vegetables, and some lovely fresh fruit.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2019 :  09:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Linda DeBrauwere (#6633) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“When the weather is good, my front porch is my favorite spot. So, this is where I decided to start my 5 minute daily relaxation routine. I'm a person who is always doing something, so it was hard for to sit still without doing anything, at least at first. I had to set a timer to make myself stay there 5 minutes.

However, now I find it so relaxing to close my eyes, listen to the sound of the wind in the trees and the birds chirping that I could almost just fall asleep in that spot on the porch. Definitely, relaxing is very important and I plan to continue to do this small thing for my soul!!

Every time I get up, my Sheltie, Floki takes my place in the chair.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  09:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Judith Baker (Judith, #7935) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I got my first library card when I was five. Have had one ever since. I spent most my working years in libraries. Our libraries provide recreational reading, research facilities, children’s programs, homework help, community rooms for a variety of programs, literacy programs for teaching adults to read, garden seeds, inexpensive book sales, inter-library loans, computers for use, and many other things. Unofficially, we provided a lot of after-school babysitting.

There is no physical book club near me so I signed up for the Farmgirl Book Club on Facebook. So far so good! It will be even better after cataract surgery. Thank you to my secret sister for sending me the first book. I've attached a picture of my TBR pile.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  09:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Judith Baker (Judith, #7935) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Bread Making Merit Badge!

“Baking soda is alkaline and works in combination with acid food like vinegar, buttermilk, yogurt. Baking powder is a combination of baking soda and cream of tartar (preferred) or baking soda and chemicals like aluminum (avoid). Ok — aluminum isn’t a chemical but it isn ’t good for you. A bit of salt is required also.

I baked the following:
Biscuits - baking powder and baking soda with buttermilk - nice and flakey
Fry bread - baking powder and baking soda with yogurt - light
Pumpkin bread - Baking soda only - kind of heavy but tastes good

Biscuits were good as always - nice and flakey
Frybread was great with a pot of chili
Pumpkin bread was moist, tasted good, and heavy as a brick. Should have used two pans instead of one.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  09:54:03 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (lynnem, #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Civics Challenge Merit Badge!

“The answers to the questions at this level are as follows:
    1. The power to veto bills belongs to the President of the United States.
    2. The federal judicial branch system reviews any cases or controversies arising from laws put into effect by Congress or by the Constitution.
    3. The highest court in the United States is the Supreme Court.
    4. There are nine justices on the U.S. Supreme Court.
    5. The current Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court is John Glover Roberts, Jr.
    6. Two of the sole powers granted to the federal government are the power to print money and regulate its value and the power to declare war.
    7. Two of the sole powers granted to the state governments are the power to establish local governments and the power to conduct elections.
    8. The current governor of Pennsylvania is Thomas Wolf.
    9. The capital of Pennsylvania is Harrisburg.
    10. The two major political parties in the United States are the Democrats and the Republicans.
    11. The current Speaker of the House of Representatives is Nancy Pelosi.

It's been very interesting working my way through these questions. I remembered much more of my high school civics class than I would have thought.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  09:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (lynnem, #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“My parents, sister, grandparents, and aunts and uncles are all gone now, so at 66 years of age I'm the oldest of my family. With only a niece and a great-nephew, I'm also almost the last of my family.

Bobby and I have talked about the history of our family several times. He actually interviewed me for a school project this past school year. I have some very interesting history that we are going to research for the higher levels of this badge.

Bobby and I are anxious to get started on the research into our past.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  09:55:52 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (lynnem, #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Greatest Generation Merit Badge!

“Although I'm 66 years old and a member of our local senior center, I don't consider myself a member of the Greatest Generation. I guess I've always felt that that designation was reserved for the generation of my mother and father.

I do spend a lot of time with my elders at the senior center. I teach line dancing two days a week. Most of my "girls" are in their late 70s and in their 80s. My oldest dancer just turned 92 this past June. We have a great time dancing, telling stories, and going out to lunch for special occasions. We all keep track of each other if there is an illness or a problem with a family member. Some of the group has been together for over 30 years; I joined them 16 years ago.

Joining this group of women was one of the best things I've ever done. At times it's like having ten mothers!!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  09:57:19 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (lynnem, #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Reading, 'Riting, and 'Rythmatic Merit Badge!

“The nine books I chose to read were:

Non-Fiction - 1. Disturbing the Universe by Freeman Dyson 2. The South and the Southerner by Ralph McGill 3. With a Daughter's Eye by Mary Catherine Bateson

Fiction - 1. Free Land by Rose Wilder Lane 2. The Gardens of Kyoto by Kate Walbert 3. The Music Lesson by Katharine Weber

Poetry - 1. Lives of the Heart by Jane Hirshfield 2. Reflection on a Gift of Watermelon Pickle compiled by Dunning, Lueders, and Smith 3. Sonata Mulattica by Rita Dove

I'm definitely not a "not a reader"! I learned to read long before I started to school, and have been a voracious reader for over sixty years. Reading nine books was a piece of cake.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  10:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Lynne Meyers (lynnem, #7545) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Grammar Merit Badge!

“Being somewhat obsessive-compulsive, I have always tried to use correct grammar and spelling. My husband teases me about being a member of the "grammar police" because I am always correcting the errors in newspapers, magazines, and advertisements. Since I am not the owner of a cellphone, text-messaging is nothing that needs to concern me.

I've tried to include a few esoteric words over the past two weeks. My vocabulary is quite large thanks to many years of solving crossword puzzles, so finding and using unfamiliar words has been quite enjoyable. I am no longer nescient of such words as "paralogism," "afflatus," and "aprosexia." I admit that most of the fun lies in incorporating the words into my daily speech!

I have enjoyed looking up new and unfamiliar words. One thing I have found is that most spell-check programs are not quite up to the task of recognizing these words.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2019 :  09:40:37 AM  Show Profile
Ruth Banwell (musicality, #4223) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Music Merit Badge!

“Research one classical composer and one musician from the last 100 years.
I choose Aaron Copland and Peter, Paul and Mary. Aaron Copland was one of the centuries foremost composer with highly influential music that had a blend of classical, folk and jazz. He wanted to compose songs with sounds that would be seen as “American” One of his pieces “Appalachian Spring” is a story about a bride and her husband setting up house in the wilderness. Copland wrote the music score for full orchestra and used dancers and singers in his music. He wanted to portray the “Simple Gifts” or simple life.

In contrast, Peter, Paul and Mary sang their songs with guitar. Their main theme was racial equality. They wanted to inspire the nation to unite in song and spirit. The music of Copland and Peter, Paul and Mary both wanted to express, through music, something about America. Copland’s idea was creating a peaceful and simple life style of the pioneers or the noisy traffic in the big cities. Whereas, Peter, Paul and Mary wanted to bring people together to sing songs about liberty and justice for all.

This was a very interesting project of comparing and contrasting the composer Aaron Copland and musicians, Peter, Paul and Mary. They both had the theme of "America" but each portrayed the music in different ways.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2019 :  09:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Linda DeBrauwere (#6633) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Spirit Merit Badge!

“I hosted a tea party at my house and four friends and family came. We had homemade blueberry scones with tea, compliments of one of my guests's husband. While everyone enjoyed them, I talked about MaryJanesFarm and how it is such an inspiration and motivator in my life to try new things and to get things done.

I showed them the great magazines I've collected and gave them a tour of the website and how to find things.

We then had other homemade goodies for lunch and everyone was too full to think. Everyone had a good time and I heard back reports of how much everyone enjoyed getting together. We're going to meet once a month to continue the inspiration, knowledge sharing and motivation.

Thank you MFJ for organizing this for everyone.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  08:50:03 AM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell (quiltingbea, #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Canning Merit Badge!

“Pressure canner and water bath canner are the two types of ways to preserve food.

Fruit and soft spreads are classified as high acid and have a ph level of 4.6 and lower. May be canned with a water bath canner.

Vegetable, meat and poultry are low acid and have a level of 4.6 and higher, need to be canned using a pressure canner.

My three jars of canned foods are:
Hunt's Tomatoes
Del Monte Peaches
Del Monte Green Beans

The tomatoes and the peaches would be canned with the water bath method. The green beans would be canned with the pressure canner method.

After reading all the information on canning. I'm ready to try my hand at canning green beans and making jelly.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  08:51:38 AM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell (quiltingbea, #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Canning Merit Badge!

“We have a lot of grapes this year. So I decided to try and make grape jelly and grape juice using the water bath method.

I shared my jelly with one of my friends and some ladies from church.

The jelly came out great. It set well and wasn't runny. The juice was a little tart since I cut down on the sugar but I liked it that way.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  08:52:59 AM  Show Profile
Bea Campbell (quiltingbea, #2575) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Recipes Merit Badge!

“I decided to write down my recipe from my mother and friends and pass it on to my daughter. Her birthday is coming up and this would be a great gift. She is always asking me how to make this and that.

I purchased a binder and top loaders for her recipe book. I went online and downloaded a vintage picture foe the cover. I made copies of the recipes and also wrote down recipes from my mother and friends had given me. I left a few top loaders empty for her to add her own recipes. I'm happy with the way it turned out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  09:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Teresa Roberson (Caronlincateyes, #7386) has received a certificate of achievement in Sitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Mosaics Merit Badge!

“I made a mosaic on the top of a old wooden box for my granddaughter's birthday present. I started by tracing the sea turtle design on the top. I bought a small bag of multi-colored peel-off mosaic tiles from Michaels and cut them to size. Carefully, I placed the tiles to form the turtle design, the seaweed, and the blue water. I edged the entire box top with small squares. After I was satisfied with the finished top, I mixed Elmer's white glue with beach sand to form the grout. I repurposed the glue bottle, snipped the end to make it slightly larger, and grouted between the tiles.

I was very pleased with my mosaic project/design, and my granddaughter now has something I made just for her. I saved the sea turtle design and plan to make her a stepping stone out of river rocks/stones for Christmas. My first introduction to mosaic was when I was in sixth grade. The class completed "The First Thanksgiving Dinner" mural for the school hallway!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  09:58:32 AM  Show Profile
April Marcuz (#7946) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Birds Merit Badge!

“I love our beautiful NC birds, have grown up with my Grandfather teaching me about them, and keep a bird book by the living room window. I have an ever growing list of birds I hope to see one day (especially in my backyard). Top of the list, Indigo Bunting. :) This badge went great!, what isn't there to love about learning about birds?”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  10:09:24 AM  Show Profile
Julie Mendelsohn (#7842) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning the Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert Levels of the Weaving Merit Badge!

“I started weaving three years ago in a class. I used a large loom but then bought myself a small rigid heddle loom. I was a beginner, but now know how to warp, weave and finish pieces on my own. Over the past two summers, I learned to card, spin, ply, dye and weave. I've created weavings from my own yarn.

I've woven several large blankets, table runners, decorative hangings and scarves. I've given away several to relatives and friends. I've tried a backstrap loom but generally I show children how to weave on a simple child's loom.

In addition, I've been reading about ancient weaving looms and have visited a Bedouin village to watch the weavers.

I just completed a linen curtain and a large cotton table runner made with handspun, hand dyed yarn (all vegetable dyes). I'm so happy I started weaving. I'm still improving but feel that I'm really hooked! I now have a large floor loom and am making blankets to keep us warm in winter and scarves for all occasions.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  10:12:14 AM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn Carroll (Sherri, #1350) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Nellie Make-do Merit Badge!

“I spent over 100 hours on a project using mostly recycled materials.

New materials:
Welding supplies
Paint
High density foam
Thread

Salvaged/Repurposed materials:
Bed frame
Angle iron
Curtains
Pillows
Lace
Quilts
Sheet
Clothing
Bank money bag

Renewable resource:
Madder from my garden

My in-laws were moving and in the garden they had an old bed frame. The frame was broken in a couple of spots, had several layers of peeling paint, and lots of rust. They had planned to toss it in recycling. I packed it in the back of my car and took it home. With my brother's help, I cut the foot board in half, then ground the ends to a shape that could be welded onto the headboard to create a bench. We then cut some angle iron scheduled for scrape into the correct lengths and created a pan that I could put slats in. He also welded the broken parts back together. I took apart a pallet the we had received a cylinder on and cut the slats down to the correct size for a seat. I then sanded the bench and painted the bench and slats (the paint for the slats was leftover from when I had repainted the kitchen, dining room, and bathroom). I went through all my quilts and pulled out the two in the worst shape. I had also scoured my local thrift stores and found a bunch of pillows, cotton sheets, cotton Battenburg lace valances, and linen curtains. Since I have also lost 70 lbs, I saved some of my clothes that had great large pieces of fabric and minor damage. I took the seams out of all the fabrics, and used the valances and sheet to make a skirt for the bench. I raided my madder patch to create a dye bath for the skirt and several other scraps of fabric. I used one of the quilts to cover a piece of foam for the bench seat, and then make covers for three of the pillows. One of the pillows already had a fabric I liked, so I used it as is. I opened up and old money bag my father-in-law had given me, and turned it into a pillow cover. I then raided my collection of damaged linens, old clothes, and reclaimed lace to cover the remaining three pillows. It was a very fun, but time consuming project. I love my new bench and spend a lot of time sitting on it enjoying my morning tea or working on one of my many needlework projects. My daughter lounges on it while she is texting her friends. The dogs take naps under it (I may need to install a dog bed there for their comfort).”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  09:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Hadassah Schapp (Mentoring Sister: Heidi Schaap, JustPlainHeidi, #3752) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Knitting Merit Badge!

“My Aunt K. taught me how to knit on Easter (or more like re-taught, since I had learned a long time ago and had forgotten!), and I was hooked! She taught me basic stitches, and gave me a pair of needles and some yarn to start my first project.

I started a dishcloth and looking back on it, I can see I got better as I went on. :)
It looks great! It's a pretty dark & light blue basic dishcloth. It's getting used everyday in the kitchen, and as it wears out, I'm already knitting new ones!

I love knitting now, and can't wait to start my intermediate level of this badge!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  09:56:28 AM  Show Profile
Judith Baker (StitchinWitch, #7932) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Bread Making Merit Badge!

“I made whole wheat and tomato cheese bread using yeast as my leavening agent.
I converted a a fry bread recipe to yeast. Fry bread made with yeast is much more chewy than made with baking powder (probably due to gluten development).

Everything turned out good. I preferred the fry bread made with baking powder over the one made with yeast. The one with yeast was good but it was more like pita than fry bread.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  09:58:32 AM  Show Profile
Judith Baker (StitchinWitch #7932) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Herbs Merit Badge!

“I planted:
    Parsley -used just about in everything
    Oregano - Mexican food, pizza
    Lemon grass - Thai food
    Catnip - good for kids with colds, really good for cats
    Ginger - baking, anti-inflamatory, Asian
    Thyme - good in meat

Almost everything is growing well and tastes great. We haven't tried the ginger yet; it needs to grow more. Cats are really enjoying the catnip.

I had to put a completed date for this badge but gardens are never completed...”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  09:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Judith Baker (StitchinWitch #7932) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I made 5 sewing kits using altoid boxes covered and lined with fabric. One by my chair for hand sewing, one by my sewing machine, one in my traveling machine, one up at our trailer, and one for my daughter.

I love these little sewing kits! They make it easy to sew–no running around looking for stuff. scissors, needles, pins, needle threader, seam ripper, tweezers, bobbin filled with thread all fit in the little tins.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2019 :  10:01:06 AM  Show Profile
Darla Armstong (#4397) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Nellie Will-do Merit Badge!

“I did a hooked rug kit that I bought in St. John's Newfoundland and Labrador. It was about a 30 hour time investment.

It turned out almost exactly like the original. I'm probably the only one who can tell but that is normal. I enjoyed it and will probably continue hooking in the future. Below is the photo of my finished project.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2019 :  09:21:41 AM  Show Profile
Aidan Murphy (aidanm, #7664) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Grammar Merit Badge!

“I posted at least 10 times in the chatroom using grammatically correct sentiences.
I kept a word diary using my GRE study words. Read the book Woe Is I: The Grammarphobe’s Guide to Better English in Plain English, by Patricia T. O’Conner.

While read Woe is I, I learned so many things that I hadn't known about the english language or that I had forgotten. One error I often make is using 'alot' when it should be a lot.
I've been proud that I know many of the words in the 'advanced' vocabulary section! I new word I learned was 'Baleful' which means foreshadowing evil or tragic events. I feel that this knowledge will help me when writing for my MBA.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page