Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:34:01 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificates of achievement in Make It Easy for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I had beads from years ago that were just hanging around so, with the jewelry badge I decide it was time to do something with them. I went through my supplies and organized them.

I made two necklaces and a wire spiral earrings. They are my daughter's favorite colors so I will be gifting them to my daughter.

The necklaces were pretty simple but fun to put all the different colors together. The spiral wire earrings were more of a challenge to make sure the spirals were even.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificates of achievement in Outpost for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Pampered Pets Merit Badge!

“I have a very pampered pup. She is a 14-year-young Australian Shepard. I made the commitment to always use holistic medicine first. So when I move I found a wonderful vet who does eastern and western medicine. My pup has been a raw food diet to avoid the added ingredient's in dry food.

One thing I wanted to do was to find a good replacement for flea sprays that work well in our area. So I went to the local co-op and made a mixture of tree tea oil, lemon oil, and Castile shampoo. She had her bath on Jan 1st to start the new year. She's now smelling great and rid of any fleas. I belong to four dog groups and we love bragging about our doggies with new ideas.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“Today I made a simple design apron with a bee themed cotton material. This was pretty easy because it was a simple design. The apron was good practice because I'm still learning on my new sewing machine.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“This time I tried Origami ... I've watched my grandchildren do this so quickly. I had to take my time and watch the video 2 or 3 times! When my grandson was here last, I helped him research the history of Origami for his school report. I found it fascinating.

Well, I did three basic shapes with the beginners origami book. The first one was a butterfly and a dog and then boat and last was a walrus. All came out pretty good. ;.)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  2:42:51 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Quilling Merit Badge!

“This was a new craft for me ... It was a little challenging to keep the shapes of the circle. The book I use was a great resource in explaining where and how quilling came about. For the next project it will take a lot of practice.

I think it turned out well for a beginning project. It was good practice for the next level of quilling.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  3:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Hilary Syddall (KnyttWytch, #6958) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Cross-Stitch Merit Badge!

“Stitched a Subversive Cross-Stitch kit. Very pleased with it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  3:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Laura Poorman (PoormanFarm, #8293) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gaining Ground Merit Badge!

“I've started composting in bins. I'm using kitchen scraps for the green material and toilet paper/paper towel rolls & dried grass as the brown material. I started with one bin and now am using two. I turn it as needed. I cut down my scraps into smaller pieces to move the process along at a quicker rate.

I successfully used the ready compost that was worked from Feb 2020–July 2020 for the fall garden!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  3:47:24 PM  Show Profile
Laura Poorman (PoormanFarm, #8293) has received certificates of achievement in Garden Gate for earning the Beginner and Intermediate Levels of the Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“In December 2019 we purchased 2 acres...and my journey began. I have built raised beds and have successfully grown a variety of food, created a native wildflower garden complete with a water element for the beneficial visitors. I do not use any pesticides. I make my own organic compost, use natural fertilizers, and pest control. I have read the required book by Nancy Goodwin and also have read her book A Year in Our Gardens: Letters by Nancy Goodwin and Allen Lacy.

Regarding the wildflower garden. I have my first 32 square feet of Florida native wildflowers planted and am increasing this season—my goal is 100 square feet so I can obtain the Florida native wildflower certification.

You can see many photos on the instagram @poormanfarm

The garden is expanding this year as well as the wildflower and herb gardens.

There was a lot of learning in the first year. I am excited to get planting for spring. I have already started the design and plan.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  3:50:25 PM  Show Profile
Miranda Howard (Miranda L Howard, #8260) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Weaving Merit Badge!

“I feel as I have an advantage on this merit badge, as I have been in fiber arts for a while. I wove a cotton bag for my sister for a Christmas gift. It measures 14" x 17" with a flap and across the body strap. I did it in cotton lumberjack check.

Since my sister is a very outdoorsy person, she was excited to receive it. I feel like it turned out very well and am glad I have this skill.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  3:54:47 PM  Show Profile
Miranda Howard (Miranda L Howard, #8260) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I was given about 2 yards of this denim floral print fabric. Too heavy to use with normal cloth. I made a simple half and half apron and tie. A fun news years day activity. I tie it on the refrigerator when not in use to grab it easy.

I could be a little happier with the bottom seam. It has some areas that dip smaller than the 1/4" I was trying for. But it's mine and I will enjoy it and improve on the next.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  4:09:34 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I went through my jewelry supplies. I have all the tools needed to make anything I want. I have everything organized and in plastic containers. I had fun looking at my materials and organizing them. I have a big collection of beads already.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  4:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Quilling Merit Badge!

“I purchased a book on Quilling a few years ago and have been making and teach other people how to quill. I also go on YouTube and learned a lot. I then practiced how to make different shapes. I made a card with a flamingo and a few different shapes to add some texture to the card. It turned out very nice. I did enjoy making it a lot.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Her-story Merit Badge!

“I have chosen two powerful/influential women: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Scientist and Nobel prize winner Marie Curie.

I researched their lives, watched movies about them and read books about them in 2020.

I began by reading several books on Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I also watched several movies regarding her. I also did the exercises from her exercise book.

Then I watched Radioactive, a movie about Marie Curie and I read her biography.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Shutterbugs Merit Badge!

“I researched 25 photography terms and wrote a 6-page report on my Sisterhood Journal.
I also took over 20 photos of the projects that I developed for my membership with MaryJanesFarm Sisterhood and shared them on Instagram and Facebook groups.

I learned about photography terms and took photos of the projects I completed in 2020 and shared on Facebook and on Instagram.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Little Squirts Merit Badge!

“I don't have bikes or farm tools, but I did have doors in my apartment that squeaked. So I oiled all the doors and cabinets in my apartment that need oiled and they are no longer making noise.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level My Fair Farmgirl Merit Badge!

“I made body scrubs. I also researched beauty clean terms and wrote a 2-page report about it on my Farmgirl Sisterhood Journal.I also made myself toothpaste.

I used the body scrubs and the toothpaste and the scented bath salts that I've made using only natural ingredients. It felt luxurious and fantastic.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:14:45 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge!

“I created emergency kits for my apartment and two emergency evacuation backpacks for me and my son.

I finished creating the three emergency kits for my family this summer. We had a terrible fire season in September this year and had to be ready to evacuate at a moment's notice. So the kits had to be finished.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“I love the Studio Ghibli films, music, and art in general. So I began to collect all of the films and some of the music and books. My goal was to complete my film collection and watch all of them with my son.

I completed purchasing all of the Ghibli films available and I watched all of them with my son as planned.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I have gained a lot of weight in the previous year (2019). My goal for year 2020 was to lose and keep off 15 pounds for the year. I finished the year 15 pounds lighter than in 2019. And I did that from May 2020 through December 2020.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I created my collection of individually chosen buttons. I have 62 individually chosen buttons, many of them match all my clothes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I used an online pattern to make an apple cozy from Mollie Makes magazine. I've made three for myself so far and one which I gave to my friend for Christmas. She loved it.

I picked up the colors my friend liked and made her an apple cozy in blue with a yellow flower button. My apple cozies were green and multicolor. The protect my apples when I take them to work. I loved this project. I learned three stitches for this project.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Aprons Merit Badge!

“I purchased an egg collecting apron pattern from MaryJanesFarm Sisterhood store and materials to make an apron for my sister. She has chickens and was really excited to have that.
I chose some patterns with chickens and different colors and she chose a yellow one.

I sewed the apron with one single egg collecting pocket in the front. It is a half apron but it had ruffling and gathering and bias tape on the pockets. I spent an entire day sewing that. My sister was ecstatic to get it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“I drew on and painted four wood pieces with acrylics and oil paint. The pieces of wood that I painted with acrylics and oil paint are hanged in my bedroom, in my son's bedroom, and two in the dining room. They turned out beautiful.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“I created original drawings for six personalized mugs I wanted to paint. The drawings were of trees and herbs native to my country Brazil.

I painted my original drawings and wrote quotes from my native state of Brazil, with our regional accents on six mugs to make a set. I baked the mugs to make the drawings permanent. They turned out absolutely gorgeous.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I created a sewing kit with pins, pinkeeper, measuring tape, threads, scissors, buttons, needles, a sewing machine, and other items that are useful for sewing with the machine and also by hand.

It's lovely. I placed everything in a zippered quilted box that I already had. I repurposed it for my sewing kit. I also placed the sewing machine in a matching pink, black, and gray quilted tote especially for keeping it protected and making everything easy to carry to take out for use and to be placed out of sight when not in use. I love it.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page