Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Lily D'Angelis (#8098) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I learned to sew straight seam both by hand (not very good at it) and by machine. I learned to do French and flat seams.

I learned to adjust the width and length of the stitches, to fill the spool, to operate the sewing machine, to sew single and double bias tapes to finish stitching (over-edging), to gather fabric to switch feet on the machine.

I've sewn 11 'bate-maos', which are hanging kitchen towels to dry hands, 1 skirt for a bookshelf, 1 yoga mat cover, and 6 kitchen towels, all decorated with fabric that I picked up at the craft store.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  10:59:00 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I went onto YouTube and watched a video on beading a bracelet. I made a seed bead bracelet and spiral earrings. I had fun making the bracelet. I have not done my beading in a few months so this has inspired me to get back into it again.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:00:31 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I made a key chain for myself. I then made 2 more key chains, one for my friend Candy Hogan. Then I sold my other one to a friend and was able to buy some more beads with the money.

I really liked how they all turned out and my friend loved her key chain.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:01:25 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I did research on recycling in my area. I learned what can and can't be recycled. I have my trash all separated and my cans are marked. It looks really good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:02:05 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“I set up my cans for recycling. They are all marked with what goes into each of them. I did this for a week. But I like it so I will continue to do it. I learned to get organized at recycling.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:02:50 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Shopping Green Merit Badge!

“I collected over 50 bags and use them every time I shop. I keep them in my trunk in a reusable bag all folded up, so they are ready to use. It's nice to have them handy and ready to use.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:03:37 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Canning Merit Badge!

“I did my research on the different types of canning. There are 3 types: Pressure cooker, a water bath, and atmospheric steam. Each one is used according to the ph in the foods. For example, if you are canning jelly you can use the water bath method. I learned a lot about ph. I did a lot of reading about it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:04:53 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Make It Pretty Merit Badge!

“I reproduced a drawing of a picture of butterflies and flowers. I think it turned out pretty good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:06:10 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I've been collecting buttoned for many years. I have over 2,000 buttons. But for this Merit Badge, I did go out and find some new ones to add to my collection. It is fun to look at them and feel them in my hands. I love my button collection.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I made a button braclet with my button collection. I loved how it turned out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:08:38 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Corchet Merit Badge!

“I made a wash cloth. It took some time to make, but I had fun making the dish cloth and I liked how it came out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:09:20 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I made my sampler and then framed it. This was a little more challenging. I had to learn it all using YouTube. It turned out pretty good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:10:45 AM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I spent over 2 hrs making the 2 wreaths. I taught a friend how to fold a dress and some flowers. I love how everything turned out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:14:23 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Bread Making Merit Badge!

“Baking soda is only sodium bicarbonate. Baking powder has sodium bicarbonate and acids so when you're making bread if you're only using soda you need to add acid. If you're using powder you do not need to add acids. For my 3 different breads I baked wheat, white and cranberry-orange bread. The cranberry-orange bread did not have yeast so it was not a bread that needed to rise. I love baking bread.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:15:36 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Bread Making Merit Badge!

“The 4 different types of yeasts are: baker's yeast, active dry yeast, quick-rise yeast, and instant yeast. My 2 breads using yeast are sweet molasses bread and garlic white dinner rolls. I also made a banana-nut bread and then on Monday 1/11/21, I made an Irish soda bread. They all turned out great.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:17:26 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a Beginner Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“We have one place in our small town to take recycling. I took 6 bags of plastic and cans and received $16.45. I always recycle and separate my garbage.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:25:00 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Intermediate Level Recycling Merit Badge!

“In my area we look on the side of the cans, bottles and jars for the recycling symbol and then we have to wash out our items before we put them into the recycling. Every 2 weeks, a recycling can pick up happens through our garbage company.

In my house, I separate my cans and my bottles and take them to the local scrap salvage to get my recycle money. The other recyclables go into the recyclable can. I did this requirement from January 8 through January 15, 2021.

I do it every day, so it is a habit to recycle.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:26:09 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I researched the history of origami—it started in China AD100 and in Japan in the 6th century. "ori" means folding, "gami" means paper. There are 6 types of oragami: Action, Modular, Wet Folding, Pureland, Tesslations, and Kirigami. 1,000 cranes = 1 wish. For my simple design, I made a rabbit.

It was new, and it was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:26:45 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Quilling Merit Badge!

“The history of quilling is thought to have started in ancient Egypt, and later in the Renaissance of Italy and France and into England. It is a form of paper filigree. I purchased all the supplies and played with making coils, shapes and scrolls. I made a butterfly and glued it onto a card. It was cute—a purple and pink butterfly.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I made a button bracelet from farm animal buttons and beads that are green and white. It was fun. You can see a lot of my photos on our Chapter Facebook page: Brentwood Farm Girls.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Embroidery Merit Badge!

“I made and embroidery sampler with 18 different stitches. It turned out well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Crochet Merit Badge!

“I made a crochet mouse. Bigger than my hand. The feet were hard. I followed the pattern, it did not look right so I had to make up my own.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Roots Merit Badge!

“All of my older relatives have passed so I sat down with my husband's aunt who is 85 years old and interviewed her about her mother who came from Finland and her early childhood years growing up in San Francisco Bay area. It was nice to spend time with my husband's aunt.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Farmgirl Jubilee Merit Badge!

“I researched the definition of Jubilee: A special anniversary—carnival, festival, gala, fiesta etc...
Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee was 5 June 2012 for her 60 years on the throne. They celebrated with a 4-day Thames water pageant, Concert for the Queen, and Thanksgiving church service. The people celebrated at the concert, carriage procession and river pageant.
2 ides for when we celebrate our BFG Chapter 1 year Jubilee - if we still are quarantined, we will do a virtual online party with scavenger hunt and trivia games etc.

It was fun researching, I am currently planning our Chapter Tea Party for 1/21/21, and now will work on our 1 year Jubilee for 12/13/21. (Party on 12/12/21.)”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I already have a library card, so I gathered up my books I am reading or need to start reading and took a photo. Then I posted my photo on our Brentwood Farm Girl Facebook page. My pile of books reminds me I need to read more.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page