Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:32:31 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Geography Merit Badge!

“I already own 2 different globes – photo below.
The Earth has 7 continents: Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.
The Earth has five Oceans: Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, Pacific, South Ocean (Antarctica).
The history of Cartography:
Cartography Is the study and practice of making and using maps.

I learned more about the history of cartography. I found this page to give a good overview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartography.

I always have liked maps and geography.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Going Green Merit Badge!

“My house has been organized around being green since completing the Going Green and Green Energy badges. I have a clothesline for drying my clothes outside. We have not painted or installed new carpets this year, but when we do, I will make sure to use non toxic paint and have the carpets sealed. I visited my sister and showed her all the products I made while working on the My Fair Farmgirl badge. I left them with her to use. We went through her cabinets and talked about alternatives; I made her copies of my recipes so she can make her own cleaners. I helped her organize 2 rooms in her house.
I've been buying books online and made my lending library. I posted it on our Brentwood Farm Girl Facebook and have updated it when new books arrive. So far 3 books are out on loan, so people are using the resource.

This was informative and good.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Grease Chicks Merit Badge!

“I checked both my vehicles: oil, coolant, transmission, brake, power steering and washer fluids. I tracked my mileage for the month and checked my tire pressures. Good to do regularly.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I injured my back January 12, 2021. After urgent care and 2 ER visits, the X-rays showed Retrolisthesis - basically dislocated spine vertebrae. The doctor sends me to physical therapy and I started exercises to strengthen my back. Over a month (1/12—2/12), I have seen improvement. Exercising has helped my rehab.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:41:18 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level ChillOver ComeOver Merit Badge!

“I ordered MaryJane's ChillOver powder. I looked at some of the recipes in her Ideabook and then my friend Rea and I held a ChillOver taste test. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:42:41 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level ChillOver ComeOver Merit Badge!

“My friend Rea and I got together and experimented with recipes, we decided to do the pomegranate and cherry together. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level ChillOver ComeOver Merit Badge!

“My friend and I created 2 additional ChillOver recipes and will post them on the farmgirl chatroom. We did lemon-peppermint and Orange-pineapple. The orange pineapple was the best.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:45:37 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Palate Pleasers Merit Badge!

“I'm a very picky eater, basically I like meat and potatoes. Foods that I disliked growing up were liver, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, creamed corn Brussels sprouts, eggs, lamb, and most vegetables. I looked on the internet at different recipes and I think I'm going to try some Asian or Japanese food to challenge myself. Yes, I am very nervous to taste it. I went to Kim's market Asian food to get my ingredients. Getting nervous.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Palate Pleasers Merit Badge!

“I got together with my friend Rea and we cooked our Asian and Japanese dinner together. During dinner we discussed where we've travelled and the strangest foods we've eaten. She has been to Europe and tried all sorts of different strange foods. She has a better palette than I do. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:48:21 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Palate Pleasers Merit Badge!

“I replaced 2 of my dinner rotations with miso soup and sushi.
We tried 2 new dinner items: Katzu chicken and Hawaiian BBQ.
We went to the Asian market to buy more things to try:
Sweet potato starch noodles with vegetables, Bean cake, Rice crackers, Hana Daifuku. It was a good experience.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

“For the beginning level I picked crackers as my guilty pleasure from the grocery store and then we made them at home. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

“For the intermediate level we replicated to more items. We made caramel corn and homemade hostess cupcakes. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Unprocessed Kitchen Merit Badge!

“For the expert level, my friend and I were together and we made the homemade crackers, caramel popcorn, and homemade hostess cupcakes. The party was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“The chocolate starts with a tropical Cocoa tree bean which is roasted and ground to make a paste. There are 6 steps to the process:
1. fermentation and drying for up to 2 weeks.
2. Roasted to develop flavor.
3. Cracking and winnowing to separate the valuable nib from the shell.
4. Refining the nibs, which is extensive grinding.
5. Conched, which is a long process to drive off the rest of the acidic flavor compounds.
6. Tempered to give gloss and snap.

I tempered the chocolate using a double boiler. I made 2 recipes with Rea #8284, that I have never made before: chocolate cherries and chocolate pretzels. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:55:02 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“I learned how to make ganache with semi-sweet chocolate and heavy whipping cream. I tried authentic hot chocolate drink from Mexico using cinnamon and extra sugar. Then we hosted a truffle party where we covered our ganache in 4 different types of chocolate. We used white chocolate and peppermint, chocolate and almond extract, chocolate in chocolate, and chocolate with caramel. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:56:15 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level BakeOver MakeOver Merit Badge!

“We got together and hosted a BakeOver with our friend Rea #8284. We looked at the recipes in MaryJane's Ideabook. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level BakeOver MakeOver Merit Badge!

“We created 2 more recipes and posted on the Farmgirl Connection chatroom. We made a pizza BakeOver and an Apple pie BakeOver. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  5:59:51 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level BakeOver MakeOver Merit Badge!

“We made an apple-pineapple BakeOver—a dessert BakeOver using apples, pineapple, cinnamon, sugar, and butter with the BakeOver mix. It was tasty.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  6:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Relaxation Merit Badge!

“I continued to relax every day at 4pm. It was good to take a break every day. I did my journal everyday. I tried several new classes:
Sea birds, Master Gardeners: seeds, Marine Science, Rain water harvesting, 3 days of Roots Web conference, Bees, and Genealogy. It was good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  6:02:52 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“I offered free pet sitting services to 2 of my friends on March 2nd and 3rd. I got to help with my friend's dog, Lacey. I learned I like dogs and cats which I own both of. My pet choices are high maintenance because I've also had cattle, horses, llamas, alpacas, goats, and sheep, so we spend a lot of money on our animals. It was great.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  6:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Farmgirl's Best Friend Merit Badge!

“Right now you can't volunteer at a local animal shelter because of the pandemic. I have worked at a dog kennel before and I have done volunteering at pet adoptions and vaccination clinics. I made the committment to adopt our last dog from the pound in 2019. Her name is Emma. She is 2 years old now and is a Belgian Malinois breed. One of the photos is from the animal shelter website after our adoption took place. I liked this badge.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  6:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I learned basic cake decorating by practicing on my reusable cake decorating sheets. I have made cakes for my kids birthdays and special events since they we first born (my oldest is 37). I refreshed my memory by watching YouTube videos. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  6:06:42 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I created my own basic cake decorating kit with plastic piping bags and tips. We baked Mini cakes so I could do 3 different frosting techniques on the tops. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  6:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Candlemaking Merit Badge!

“I showed my friend, Rea, how to make her candles for this badge. She has made candles before so it was fun.

We made our hand dipped taper candles too.
One brand of candle to buy in my area is Yankee.
One is made of paraffin wax, lavender scent, purple dye.
Non toxic. I will post in the chat room. It was fun to finish this badge.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  6:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level UFOs Merit Badge!

“Since joining the MJF sisterhood in Dec. 2020, and starting our Brentwood Farm Girl Chapter, I have been wanting to make special gifts to those who join us this first year. I started to make a crochet chicken to represent Henrietta the Hen. The with December holidays, I only made one and stopped work on them.

I had to go get more red and black yarn before I could start up again. Now I have finished 5 as gifts to new sisterhood members and one for a gift basket. It feels good to be done until someone new joins our chapter this year, but I have enough yarn in stock now so I can make more if needed. It was nice.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page