Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“I went around and looked at horses. I then went to a horse show and pet them and took some pictures. My favorite house was the American quarter horse. I thought it was the prettiest of all the horses that I saw that day. My friend was with me and help me to identify them. It was fun looking at horses and trying to identify them.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:52:42 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“I read the book Soul of a Horse. I then did research on the American Quarter Horse. The Quarter Horse is an American breed of horse that excels at sprinting short distances. Its name is derived from its ability to outrun other horse breeds in races of a quarter mile or less; some have been clocked at speeds up to 55 mph (88.5 km/h). The development of the Quarter Horse traces to the 1600s. "Quarter Horse", named after the 1#8260;4 mile (0.40 km) race distance at which it excelled. I went on the website and watched the videos and looked at quite a bit of different things.

It was fun learning about the American Quarter horse and loved going on the website and watching the videos.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:53:45 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Blogging Merit Badge!

“I spent time doing my ten postings in my blog. I customized it. I put pictures in them also. I have been looking at other blogs and posting comments and leaving my blog address. I had fun doing this.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I did my research on the Irish culture. The culture of Ireland includes language, literature, music, art, folklore, cuisine, and sports associated with Ireland and the Irish people. For most of its recorded history, Irish culture has been primarily Gaelic. Religion and religious ceremonies are important in Irish culture. They play a major role in holidays and festivals. In the Irish culture, there is an emphasis on foods such as potatoes, bread, cereal, and meat, as well as vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli. Irish dance is also well-known around the world. Amazing things Ireland is famous for & gave the world is the Riverdance – lord of the dance.
The arts – another of the top things Ireland is famous for.
Irish hospitality – the friendliest country.
The drinks – our mouths are watering.
The food – the land of hearty meals.
Landscape – rugged, wild, and just magical.
Incredible history – an ancient country. There is so much more this is just a little bit of what I did my research on. I do not speak the language, but I did learn how to count to ten in Gaelic.
1. A haon, 2. A dó, 3. A trí, 4. A ceathair, 5. A cúig , 6. A sé , 7. A seacht, 8. A hocht, 9. A naoi, 10. A deich. I watched a youtube video. This was fun to do, I enjoyed learning to count to 10 in Gaelic.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I chose to do my research on an Irish saint. Saint Patrick was a fifth-century Romano-British Christian missionary and bishop in Ireland. Known as the "Apostle of Ireland", he is the primary patron saint of Ireland. According to the autobiographical Confessio of Patrick, when he was about sixteen, he was captured by Irish pirates from his home in Britain and taken as a slave to Ireland. Looking after animals; he lived there for six years before escaping and returning to his family. After becoming a cleric, he returned to northern and western Ireland. In later life, he served as a bishop, but little is known about the places where he worked. By the seventh century, he had already come to be revered as the patron saint of Ireland.

Saint Patrick's Day is observed on 17 March, the supposed date of his death. It is celebrated inside and outside Ireland as a religious and cultural holiday. In the dioceses of Ireland, it is both a solemnity and a holy day of obligation; it is also a celebration of Ireland itself. I am not learning the language as of yet. But will watch youtube videos just for fun.

I learned so much about Saint Patrick that I did not know. It was fun doing the research.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I did my research on the holidays for Ireland. I picked Saint Patrick's day. St. Patrick's Day is the feast day of St. Patrick, a patron saint of Ireland. Originally celebrated with religious feasts and services, St. Patrick's Day became a secular celebration of Irish culture when it reached the United States alongside Irish immigrants. St. Patrick's Day is celebrated annually on March 17, the anniversary of St. Patrick's death in 461. St. Patrick was a 5th-century missionary to Ireland who is credited with bringing Christianity to Ireland. The March 17 celebration started in 1631 when the Church established a Feast Day honoring St. Patrick. They Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Irish-inspired foods like corned beef and cabbage, shepherd's pie, and Irish soda bread. we still do. I made corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread, bacon potato cabbage soup for our celebration. I loved every bite and so did my family and friend. We had special dishes to eat on also. I love to do beading and made this for my beaded bookmark for my husband. It says "often often often goes the Christ in the strangers guise".

Everything tasted so good. I had such a fun time cooking and visiting and eating.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“I have planed a book challenge with my farmgirl friends. I'm a part of a book club. We meet every month on zoom for now and talk about the book of the month. Before covid-19, we used to meet at Barnes and Noble book store. I've finished three of my books on my pile. The lighting Thief, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and The Secret Life of Bees. They were all good books to read. I love to read so this is fun for me.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Bibliophile Badging Merit Badge!

“At our Farmgirl club meeting, I had a book challenge at our zoom meeting. I crowned the winner with a handmade card and gave her a gift. We brought our favorite children's book and read it to each other. We also did a cookbook swap. I made a little library of about 25 books that are for loan. I placed it on my front porch. I've let my friends and family know they are on loan. I enjoyed having the fun party and doing the swap. I think it was a success.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  1:59:21 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Bread Making Merit Badge!

“Baking soda contains one ingredient, sodium bicarbonate. However, Baking powder contains sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate, and either sodium acid pyrophosphate or sodium aluminum sulfate. One is pure sodium bicarbonate, the other is sodium bicarbonate with other ingredients. I made three different kinds of bread. I made banana bread, cornbread, and cinnamon bread using the leavening agents. The textures of the bread were good. I did not change anything in the recipes. The bread was so good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  2:01:17 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Candlemaking Merit Badge!

“I taught my husband how to make candles, he had fun. I made a hand-dipped taper candle. I did my research on one of the brands of candles that can be bought in the store. I shared it on the Farmgirl Connection. I loved how my purple candle came out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  2:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I set some goals to lose some weight. I walk for 2 hrs once a week. I exercise 3 days a week. I watch how much food I eat at each meal. I have been doing this for a full month.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  2:05:10 PM  Show Profile
Allison Clark (Allison Clark, #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Carpe Cocoa Merit Badge!

“I learned how to make ganache. It was so creamy and smooth. I made some authentic hot-chocolate drink. I was so good. I made 5 different kinds of chocolate ganache. Chocolate, raspberry chocolate, cinnamon chocolate, vanilla white chocolate, and orange white chocolate. I then had a chocolate truffle party with my daycare kids and a friend. They loved it all and so did I.

It came out good. I did have some trouble with the white chocolate. I had to make it two times to get it right.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Let's Get Physical Merit Badge!

“I worked on this intermediate level from Feb 12th to March 12th. I continue to eat more organic foods and have kept up with my exercises.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Leave It Better Than You Found It Merit Badge!

“I researched ways I can get involved in the community to control littering. The next 2 events are May 1st called trash the trash day and adopting a park. You can also make sure you secure your own trash, recycle, and keep a little bag in your vehicle at all times. Due to the pandemic I did litter removals with family members and I've enclosed 2 pictures of my most recent walks.
I researched the Great Pacific Garbage Patch and the controversy and why it hasn't been cleaned up. The garbage patch is 1.6 million miles long and stretches from the West Coast to Japan and also From the East Hawaii to California. In 2019 system 001/B is working to clean up the garbage patch it will take 67 ships to clean up for one year the 2 countries that dump the most garbage are China and Indonesia.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Origami Merit Badge!

“I made 3 animals: frog, butterfly, and crane.
I made 3 shapes: heart, fan, and phone holder.
I made 3 flowers:rose, tulip, and lotus.
It was hard.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:22:52 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level Origami Merit Badge!

“For expert level I made 6 butterflies and hung them from a branch with clear thread. This project took me over an hour to do. I gave it to my granddaughter who loves butterflies. It was good, but hard at the same time. Origami is new to me.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:24:22 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Cheesemaking Merit Badge!

“Rennet is from an unweaned calf that contains rennin. It is used for curdling milk for cheese. Rennet is a complex set of enzymes from the stomach. Chymosin is a protease enzyme that curdles the casein in milk. Rennet also has enzymes such as pepsin and lipase. I made Manchego hard cheese. It was okay.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Cheesemaking Merit Badge!

“I made four different types of cheeses, they were:
Queso Blanco, farmer's Cheese, burrata, and mozzarella. I learned a lot.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:27:24 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bee Good to Your Mother Earth Merit Badge!

“I started this badge by growing my onions.
I don't plan on using any pesticides in the spring garden.
I researched online about organic pesticides and recipes to make at home. I read through the book Montrose Life in a Garden.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:28:39 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Backyard Farmer Merit Badge!

“I don't currently raise chickens anymore but there is a renter on my ranch that has over 200 birds and his chickens usually have 12 loose on my ranch and they lay eggs in my barn, feed troughs and anywhere they find a good spot to nest. There is a photo of one of the chickens on her eggs in my barn and I do collect the loose eggs and use them.

They are free range chickens so they are eating bugs and grasses and leftover grains from the cattle area but I've included photos of different feed tags from from when I had our own birds.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:30:07 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Expert Level Languages/Culture Merit Badge!

“I researched the different Holidays for Mexico: 1/1 New Years, 2/5 Constitution Day, 3/15 Benito Juarez Day, 4/2 Good Friday, 5/1 Labor Day, 7/5 Mexican Legislative Election, 9/16 Mexican Independence Day, 11/15 Revolution Day, 12/25 Christmas.
For Traditions, they do: Dias de los Muertos, Las Posadas, Bull Fighting, Siestas, Cinco de Mayo, Pinatas.

I chose to celebrate Benito Juarez Birthday on March 15th and do my presentation to my family.

El Día de Benito Juárez (Benito Juárez Day) is a national Mexican holiday celebrating Mexico’s former president and national hero’s March 21st birthday.

A liberalist and a reformist, Juárez was born to indigenous Zapatec parents in 1806. He grew up in a poor peasant household in the Sierra mountains of Oaxaca. Yet, despite his humble upbringing, Juárez went on to become a well-educated lawyer and later married Margarita Maza who was part of an upper-class family in Oaxaca City.

He first became involved in state politics in Oaxaca and was the federal deputy of the Liberal party, which in 1846 had taken power throughout Mexico. From 1847 to 1848, Juárez became Oaxaca’s acting governor and during this time he built roads, public buildings and schools as well as curbed corruption.

Juárez went on to become one of Mexico’s most celebrated presidents, serving five presidential terms between 1858 and 1872. He was also Mexico’s first indigenous president.

The famed Mexican hero led the country during two civil wars – the Guerra de Reforma (War of the Reform) and the Segunda Intervención Francesa en México (French Intervention). He is remembered as a strong and diligent leader who is remembered for resisting French occupation, overthrowing the Empire, restoring the republic, for modernizing the country, and for promoting indigenous people’s rights.

Juárez is regarded as one of Mexico’s greatest heroes. As well as having a national holiday named in his honor, almost every Mexican city has a street named after him and he is pictured on the 20-peso note.

It was interesting.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:32:05 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Geography Merit Badge!

“My pen pal is my friend on Facebook named Helen and I researched what it would cost to go visit her. She is originally from Scotland but lives in London England right now. It would cost me round trip anywhere from $340 to $1200 for airfare. I researched 3 different Airbnbs. Mayflower would cost $51 a night, Admiral $69 a night, Euston $84 a night. Rental car costs 22-36 per day. Food on average is $50 per day.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Geography Merit Badge!

“For the final part of this badge I left my post on the farm girl connection chat room. I also have an ancestry.com family tree page so I will include a picture of that with this application.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:34:49 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an Expert Level Water Conservation Merit Badge!

“I tracked my water usage from February 6th through March 21st.
I live on a ranch with well water, so to figure out my usage, you have to calculate your well water flow. You measure the amount of flow using a stop watch. Divide the gallon size of the bucket by the number of seconds to fill it. Then divide by 60. My well is 8 gallons per minute. After figuring out how many gallons our toilets, dishwasher, showers and hand washing dishes use up plus any plant watering, I did the math and we used 1,767 gallons during the time of this badge work.

Next I figured how much per week which equals 108.57. The US average is 60 gallons per person per day and 138 gallons per house per day. We are below that figure at 108.57, so we are doing really well.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  4:36:54 PM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Farmgirl Grammar Merit Badge!

“I worked on the merit badge called Farmgirl Grammar. I completed 12 posts or responses on the farmgirl chatroom between the dates of January 26, 2021 and March 18, 2021. I also read through the book Woe is I: The Grammarphobe's Guide to Better English in Plain English by Patricia T O'Connor. It was a good experience.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page