Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 526

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Robin Montoni (#1485) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"Completed a button strand.

This button strand consist of all the buttons I received from the other farm girl sisters in the button swap. To me this strand repesents far more then a simple strand of buttons. It represents all the memories of those I had the pleasure of meeting through this swap."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:10:04 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Woodson (Kangaroo kate, #1506) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I decided to have a new look in my petting zoo and made a half apron for a real farmgirl look. I found this wonderful pet zoo fabric!

I was thrilled with how my apron turned out and have had several compliments on it already! I wore it on my next job and it worked great! Goes good with my overalls. The girls in Tractor Supply liked it."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:18:09 PM  Show Profile
Diana Morris (annaid41, #1534) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"Followed McCalls M4547 pattern to make my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter an apron - because she wanted a new one because "I need more aprons so I have ones to match different things I wear." Made her a matching bonnet since she loves Laura from the Little House on the Prairie books. She specified that it must be pink!

Apron is perfect - I added to the pattern by putting four pockets along the bottom edge in contrasting fabric - because the pattern did not call for pockets and I think all aprons need to have pockets! Matching bonnet should shade my granddaughter's face nicely from the sun."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Tina Dennis (dreamingofafarm, #1355) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I sewed a half apron pattern by hand (I don't know how to use a sewing machine - yet!), and as far as wearing an apron in the kitchen goes, I not only wear an apron there I wear one all the time for housework, yardwork, or just about anything. Sewing the half-apron took a little while since it was by hand - about four hours total.

I have always had quite a collection of aprons because I love wearing them so much. This is the first time I sewed one of my own, though. I was really proud of how it turned out. I plan to put it to use today when I bake cookies and plant in the garden!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  2:54:02 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Woodson (Kangaroo kate, #1506) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Entrepreneurial Spirit badge.

"I have been working on a business plan, although I have my business well established I want to expand in another direction. I have worked up a outline what I need to set up a small working farm and wallaby farm since I have a variety of animals there are a a lot of individual sections to complete which must be USDA approved.
I want to complete a program for kids that I started about 5 years ago before I got sick. They can earn awards for finishing projects the ultimate goal is to be a member of the wallaby mob. I am working that up seperately.
I am going to expand also into more education programs so I have outlined those also.
I do plan on presenting it to a grant program once it's a bit more fine tuned, I will have someone assisting me with this. I hope to get the extra funding I need.
I am not outlining it here it is several pages long. I have worked up the amount of land needed and prefered location, housing for animals, fencing needed, and equipment needed etc.

I am quite pleased on how it turned out actually. I have been working pretty hard on it the past month or so. I have a goal on where to begin to make it a reality eventually working on the small things that can be done now."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Buttoned Up badge.

"I've been collecting buttons for a while and thought I would try my hand at making a bracelet with some vintage buttons as the main focus. I also added some genuine pearls, beads and a few small charms.

I love it and will wear it proudly!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Debra Swan (Debra Swan, #462) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Buttoned Up badge.

"When my mom passed away couple years ago, cleaning out the homestand, we found lots of old buttons. What great memories.

Growing up I loved playing with my mom's buttons,and when I cleaned out her sewing desk it brought joyous tears and a treasure to my heart. Who would of thought how much buttons mean to my heart."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:31:49 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Connecting Growers and Eaters badge.

"HISTORY: 1976-1977
Shared a garden with nurses who were co-workers with me at our local hospital.
Shared in the planting, watering, weeding and harvest

MOST RECENTLY: Work in neighbor's garden to help take care of the garden watering, weeding and harvest.

It's always beneficial to share the work of a garden so that it gets proper care and there is a good harvest.
When the work is shared it makes it more fun and more beneficial to all involved.

We raise a garden every year and always plant with sharing in our plans

Unfortunately no photos are available. Those of past gardens were lost in a fire."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:42:01 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Bustin' Out badge.

"When we raised our first garden in Tucson, Arizona when our children were small we decided to try okra, then jalapeno peppers, then kohlrabi and the list went on and on.

We were enjoying being able to raise a garden, even if it was small (because we're on a rental property).

We were glad for the opportunity to try new vegetables teach our children to enjoy the different ones. We were able to raise a garden in Tucson for two seasons

It was also fun to experiment with different ways to prepare the different things we grew.

Organic? ABSOLUTELY

Photos were lost in house fire in 1994.
We continue to raise a garden, try new things and expand our horizons!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:49:47 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a intermediate level Bustin' Out badge.

"After moving back to Colorado we have been raising a garden every year since 1977.

We have continued to expand our horizons in planting and learning how to prepare and enjoy new vegetables.

We have also helped our daughter and her husband learn more about how they can grow organically in a small garden plot at their home in the suburbs.

Again, we are glad to keep trying new things. Some of our additions have been eggplant, a HUGE variety of all kinds of peppers, an even HUGER variety of tomatoes as well as many other things.

Our daughter is having the time of her life with her garden and getting her feet and hands dirty. Her hubby, a city boy, has gotten excited about their garden and is planning what they could do to add to it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  4:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Katherine Osborn (KanMogirl, #1349) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Embroidery badge.

"I have been embroidering since I was 12 and cross-stitching since my twenties. I stitched this sampler using sayings about cross-stitch and filled in with different stitches and designs. It also has needles inserted in some of the sayings. I made a fabric frame to hang it on the wall.

It turned out very well."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  4:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Katherine Osborn (KanMogirl, #1349) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"These are bags I use for grocery shopping. The red and black ones are from my grocery store. The other one is from our telephone company.

I didn't make these but we really like them. The red and black ones are insulated so I use them to take dishes to dinners, also."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  4:24:59 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level BakeOver MakeOver badge.

"BakeOvers!!!! What can I say!!
They are EASY, YUMMY and we just continue to enjoy the endless possibilities and I enjoy being as creative as possible with them.

I continue to make different ones for different meals or dessert. My family just keeps coming back for more and there are hardly any leftovers to enjoy the next day.

Recipes for the required BakeOvers are posted on the Farmgirl Connection under "FARM KITCHEN" titled "Four BakeOver Recipes".

Will be making more and more and getting as creative as possible.

WE ARE SOLD ON BAKEOVERS!!!!

The Berry-Cherry-Chocolate Dessert bakeover is featured in the photograph."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  4:47:22 PM  Show Profile
CJ Armstrong (ceejay48, #665) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Bustin' Out badge.

"As stated in first two applications we have been raising our own garden for many years. And expanding it, usually on a yearly basis, to include new veggies.

Over the years we have shared the bounty with family, friends and neighbors. We have been very successful in "converting" them to organic and homegrown by preparing everything in creative and tasty recips and meals.

There are several families that we have been able to help make changes and enjoy better eating. These families include my father-in-law and mother-in-law (she is the worst cook!);
my brother-in-law and his wife; my niece and her husband; neighbors that wanted to learn more about how to eat better; our pastor and family from 3 different churches. For all of these families, not only did we help them learn how to change, we help provide some of the fresh veggies and fruit and helped them learn to prepare."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  11:26:26 AM  Show Profile
Judy Torola (JudyT, #599) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Backyard Farmer badge.

"We got our first chicks in August of 2009 and have been getting eggs since January 20, 2010. There's nothing like having fresh eggs everyday."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  11:39:33 AM  Show Profile
Kristina Nelson (FieldsofThyme, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a intermediate level Horse Dreams badge.

"I researched thoroughbred horses and found that they originate from England. I also read the book "The Soul of a Horse," by Joe Camp.

I really enjoyed the book and learned a lot about barefoot horses. I was glad to see that the thoroughbred horse we may lease is barefoot already. I am encouraging my daughter to read the book as well."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  11:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Kristina Nelson (FieldsofThyme, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In the Garden badge.

"My husband and I made a garden teepee from various supplies we had in the barn, including white string.

Through my participation in Farmgirl Connection and the merit badge program, my husband is participating more along with me."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  11:56:53 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth Bollen (TexBetsy, #1444) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Aprons badge.

"I love aprons but was in need of one with lots of deep pockets to use as a clothespin apron. I put together some scraps of coordinating fabric for the apron, pockets, waistband and ties.

I think it's beautiful! I think it's so beautiful that I can't wait until this weekend when I hang out the clothes. I'm going to wear it in the kitchen today."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Amy Wilson (pumpkinvine, #119) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a beginner level Gaining Ground badge.

"Our city offers a compost bin for $20. I bought one a year ago and have been adding kitchen scraps to it faithfully.

I read the book "The Earth Moved."

I enjoyed the book a lot. I was amazed at how important worms are to the earth! I have been getting some good compost out of my bin! I still have a lot to learn, but I am on the right track!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:13:55 PM  Show Profile
Angela Burnette (natesgirl, #1438) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Get It Together badge.

"I have sorted all of my tupperware cabinets and reorganized them.

I have a bag of broken items that is being replaced by the warranty and a bag of things missing lids that are being ordered. My cabinets are usable again!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:20:53 PM  Show Profile
Angela Burnette (natesgirl, #1438) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Shopping Green badge.

"I have 10 tote bags and shopping bags to use now.

I have added a large plastic tub in the back of my van for holding my shopping bags. It is also used for carrying my loaves of bread home without being squished by the other groceries when I shop. I save about $.50 each trip to the store!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:34:40 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level Sew Wonderful badge.

"I started by making a homemade pin keep. I've even made a few and sent them to our other farm girls through our RAOK list. Then I put everything I would need for a carry along sewing container. I love to quilt on the go and so I think this is perfect. It holds everything that I need and it is even large enough that it can hold the blocks that I am working on.

I am very happy with this!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:49:47 PM  Show Profile
Marcy Lundy (Marcy, #170) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Crochet badge.

"I thought I would never finish this, but now that I have, it is already becoming a favorite. I made it out of 100% cotton yarn and it is quite heavy and warm. This was also a great take along project as I could work on the squares anywhere.

I like it, but I don't think I will be making another one this big."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Dianna Morris (annaid41, #1534) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a intermediate level Aprons badge.

"Used McCalls pattern M5997. Wearing it to a friend's house for dinner tonight.

Hard to tell from the photo, but bottom of apron has a tiny ruffle. I liked this pattern as it is fun with the big pockets of contrasting fabric. Apron crisscrosses in the back with bias strip ties. This was a fun one to make. What looks like plain fabric for the top and pockets is actually a brown dotted fabric - so it looks well with the main apron fabric."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  11:11:53 AM  Show Profile
Dianna Morris (annaid41, #1534) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level In the Garden badge.

"I made a tee-pee for my tomatoes and strung a trellis like structure between poles for my peas to climb on.

The poles that I have previously grown my tomatoes on always ended up getting knocked over in a summer storm - so this year, I am making tee-pees from the poles for each tomato plant - that way I can just wrap bailing twine around them and enclose the tomatoes in a cage like structure as they grow. I think the tee-pee will handle the summer storm winds better - at least that is my hope! My neighbors raise horses and they always give me bags of bailing twine from the hay bales to use in my garden. That's what I let my peas grow on each year."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 526 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page