Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!
 Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees 
Page: of 525

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2021 :  11:11:43 AM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Apples Merit Badge!

“I used my last GF Budget mix to make an apple-based BakeOver. First, I stewed 6 Granny Smith apples with some dwarf peaches that my friend gave me from his tree. I added cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar to the fruit while it was stewing. After it was softened and cooled, I put a nice thick layer in my cast iron pan and topped it with the budget mix for a successful BakeOver. While stewing the apples, I sliced up more for canning. I only made a small batch but it was a fairly simple technique with great, tasty results.

The 3 apple dishes that I would like to share are an Apple Slaw (shredded cabbage, grated Granny Smith apple, chives, egg mayonnaise, honey, salt and pepper); Pork & Apple Braise (onion, garlic, brown sugar, green apples, seeded mustard, chicken stock, pitted prunes, cream, pork loin chops); and Apple Crostata (sugar, Golden Delicious apples, GF plain flour, baking powder, lemon, butter, egg, milk, vanilla, apricot jam, ground almonds, cream).

I've found that apples are so versatile. They work magically with pork for a savory dish.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  11:39:05 AM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Tatting Merit Badge!

“For beginner tatting, I learned the double stitch, picot, ring, and chain. Then I made a piece of tatting three feet in length. I think this turned out well. I enjoyed learning a craft like tatting.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  11:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Collect It! Merit Badge!

“This one took me awhile to finish. I had to hand stitch each horse brass onto a black strip of bias tape. I measured things out twice to make sure it would fit inside the display case. My husband cut me a piece of wood. I stapled the fabric on, only to discover the piece of wood he cut was one inch too large for the case. I had to disassemble and cut a new piece of wood. Then, I had to staple the fabric onto the second piece of wood, and staple each strip with the horse brasses to the back of the wood. I cleaned my glass, put the glass in the display case. Next I put put extenders in the case and found out I didn't need them so took them out. It was enough to fill the space in the display case with just the glass, the wood, the fabric, the brasses and the backing board. I like the display.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  2:13:33 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Community Action Merit Badge!

“Water security in our region is often a topic of conversation. We regularly experience drought and are reliant on 2 dams (Cressbrook and Perseverance), as well as a pipeline from the larger Wivenhoe Dam. There has been a number of newspaper articles recently discussing the need to upgrade the pipeline from Wivenhoe Dam. In September 2021, Toowoomba Regional Council (TRC) were to write to the State Government, requesting a Wivenhoe Pump Station upgrade and to seek funding contributions for future water infrastructure upgrades.

As part of a Mayoral motion at the Ordinary Meeting of Council, TRC Mayor Paul Antonio called on the State Government to immediately fund the upgrade of its Wivenhoe pump station to the maximum pipeline design capacity.

Council will also engage with the Queensland Treasury Corporation to model financial scenarios of upgrading the pump station at Lake Wivenhoe to increase its capacity.

"The Toowoomba Region is experiencing a period of significant growth and is seen by business as an ideal location for the development of new industry,” he said. “While this is welcomed, the ongoing success of the Region is reliant on being open for business. Recent interest by investors suggest this may have a higher demand on water in the short-term. Toowoomba’s Wivenhoe pipeline has been critical in the current drought and is the only immediately available water source capable of providing capacity for growth within the Toowoomba Region."

Another water source of concern has been the Somerset’s Water Collaborative’s recycled water pipeline for the Lockyer Valley farming region. The $200 million project, funded jointly by farmers and the State and Federal Government, is intended to create a guaranteed water supply for farmers, using recycled water from Bundamba waste water treatment plant.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  2:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning an Intermediate Level Families Forever Merit Badge!

“I evaluated how much time my husband and I were watching TV over the course of a week. We spent a total of 7 hours watching TV. We only turn the TV on in the evening, and sometimes I work evening shifts at the hospital, so I may not watch TV at all on those days. We tend to watch about 1½ hours of news in the evening (½ hour local news, then 1 hour SBS world news), there is a comedy/game show that I like to watch and on the odd occasion we will watch a movie.

Sometimes, we get tired of watching the news when it seems so depressing, so we will just turn off the TV and go sit in the hot tub for a while. It’s a nice time to engage in conversation. We have also started to go to bed earlier and read our books. I'm reading a biography about Ernest Shackleton at the moment. One evening this past week, we just sat out on the porch with a glass of wine. It’s beautiful out there on a cool summer’s evening.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  2:18:14 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Heirlooms Forever! Merit Badge!

“I order most of my seeds from “The Diggers Club”. I have been a member for about 10 years. The Diggers Club has been helping home gardeners succeed for over 40 years, with the best range of heirloom seeds, plants, bulbs, and trees available. Founders Clive and Penny Blazey's purpose was to rescue the wonderful old varieties of vegetables, such as Scarlet Runner Beans, that mainstream companies were dropping from their lists.

This year I ordered silverbeet 5 color mix, silverbeet Fordhook, calendula ‘Double Red’, cosmos, cornflowers, zinnias, Queen Anne’s Lace, lettuce ‘GoldRush’, tomato ‘Black Cherry’, leek ‘Mammoth Blanch’, & eggplant ‘Listada Di Gandia’.

It was a pleasure to read Gardening with Heirloom Seeds by Lynn Coulter. She describes how heirloom seeds are living antiques handed down from one generation to the next, a rich inheritance of flavour and beauty from long ago and, often, far away. They are sometimes better adapted to pests and harsh conditions than many modern varieties and often simply smell or taste better.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  2:19:15 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Putting Away for Winter Merit Badge!

“There’s almost no easier way to preserve food than dehydrating. Used for thousands of years to help food last without refrigeration, drying is one of the fastest and least expensive ways to save your harvest. It can also lighten the weight of foods made for camping and backpacking—saving your back and your wallet.

There are a few ways to go about dehydrating your food, but some methods are more successful than others. That’s because modern tools have helped improve the rate of dehydration, reducing the chance your food will spoil. Some dehydrating methods include sun drying, air drying, solar drying, oven drying, and electric dehydrating.

Herbs are one of the easiest and quickest foods to dry. There’s little preparation and they store for a long time without losing their flavour. Snip into single-stem lengths, gather in a bundle, and hang in the shade. To process, hold single herb branches over a sheet pan or piece of beeswax cloth and remove by rubbing your fingers along the stem’s length. Gather and store in dry jars. I had an abundance of basil, rosemary, oregano, and thyme, so I decided to dry them using this method.
The main goal in preparing food for electric dehydrating is to get an even thickness. That way things will dehydrate at the same rate, leaving you with a uniform end result. One or two thicker pieces that don’t dry fully can result in spoilage during storage. I've previously dehydrated apples, so this time I decided to try something different – I dehydrated citrus (mandarins and oranges). The mandarins were easier to dehydrate in segments, and the oranges in slices. I did them separately for that reason. You can remove the peel as the peel and pith can be quite bitter, but I left them on and I don’t mind the bitter taste. It took about 15 hours in the dehydrator. The mandarins slightly longer because they were in thicker segments.
The third method of drying that I used was oven drying. I made kale chips. Because kale can be very bulky, the oven is quite a bit faster and really does a great job. It gives you perfectly dried kale to add to your smoothies or other concoctions.

The final part of this merit badge was to make a dish using a combination of dehydrated and frozen products. I had frozen passionfruit pulp from my beginner badge, so I decided to make a Passionfruit Cheesecake and I decorated the top with the dehydrated orange slices. I took it to our bible study Christmas party and everyone enjoyed it!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  2:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I don’t have a lot of cake decorating tools, so I started by looking at where I could purchase some basic supplies. “Spotlight” in Toowoomba seemed to be the best store for a variety of cake-decorating supplies.

I then read through the Wilton website. It’s an excellent website for beginners like myself. I didn’t even know what a coupler was, so I learned that it is a two-part device that lets you use different decorating tips with the same bag of icing, creating several designs with the same colour and consistency. The website lists all of the tools that you will need to make the desired project and then gives you the step-by-step instructions to create beautiful decorations.

I experimented with making rosettes & doing some basic script writing. They have a few Christmas ideas for decorating cakes that I would like to try. I also like that they provide quite a few different icing and fondant recipes.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  10:46:36 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Expert Level Pampered Pets Merit Badge!

“In November 2021, I took care of animals at the Hold Your Horses Emergency Rescue Evacuation Organization. I was paid to take care of the 10 horses at the ranch, but additionally I volunteered to take care of one Suffolk sheep, one Barbados sheep, one Lamancha goat, one pygmy goat and one rooster while the owners were out of state.

I was in charge of feed and water for 8 days from 8am to 10am, so 16 hours total volunteer time. They were very good and it was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  10:49:34 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Know Your Food Merit Badge!

“I wrote my food journal from November 1st through November 30th 2021, watching and learning what my eating habits were. I read my labels and looked at the grocery store prices. I read the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver.

I became a sprout farmer by planting mung beans, azuki beans, lentils, alfalfa, Romaine lettuce and a package of six variety lettuces.

I found ten new ways to incorporate more fresh fruit and vegetables at each meal.

Breakfast: Adding melon or fruit with breakfast, adding bananas, raisins, and berries to cereals, drinking more juice, and adding chopped onion, celery, peppers and spinach to eggs.

Lunch: Add more vegetable sticks, peppers, beans, canned or dried fruits, fresh fruits, or frozen fruits on a hot day.

Dinner: Incorporate more salads, fruits or vegetables, vegetables side dishes can be steamed vegetables. Cooked potatoes, onions and garlic. Soups, stews, beans and rice.

In trying to eliminate more hydrogenated oils, I looked up which oils are OK to use and they are corn oil, canola oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil and olive oil.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  10:54:02 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Pay It Forward Merit Badge!

“I tracked my meals for 30 days for the Know Your Food badge. This gave me a list of what I was eating so I could start the cost breakdowns. My cost breakdown is $2 for breakfast $4 for lunch and $6 for dinners. I donated $20 to the Oakley Senior Center Food Pantry.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  10:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Candy Hogan (Tigger9777, #8283) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning a Beginner Level Wild Game Merit Badge!

“I researched the different types of wild game. They are: venison, bison, elk, wild boar, rabbit, pheasant, geese, moose, alligator, dove, turkey, rabbit, duck, and squirrel.

I researched safe handling of wild game meats. You need to be aware of care in the field, field dressing, hanging, cooling, transporting, aging and cutting needs. In the kitchen, you need to keep your raw and cooked meat separate, wash your knives, hands, and cutting boards. Trim the fat and inedible parts at time of carcass cutting. Mix 15% pork or beef fat with ground game and 35% pork fat with fresh game sausage.

I researched the laws in the state of California concerning wild game by going on the Department of Fish and Game website.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  11:40:32 AM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Disconnect to Reconnect Merit Badge!

“My friends Robyn, Jeanette, Marie, Norette, Marg and I went for a weekend away at the Bunya Mountains. The Bunya Mountains were an excellent food source and a place of great spiritual significance for Aboriginal people. For countless generations they travelled for miles to gather at the traditional Bunya nut feasts and to share and to bond. Bunya Mountains National Park, Queensland’s second, was declared in 1908. Originally, an area of 9303 hectares was gazetted but extensions have increased its size to almost 20,000 hectares. It protects the world’s largest and most significant Bunya pine forests.

We stayed in a cabin which had tank water and some limited solar power. There were only 2 bedrooms, so most of us slept on the lounge room floor with our camping mats and sleeping bags. We had such a great time. The first evening, we sat outside around the fire pit talking and enjoying some wine & cheese. Everyone brought food to contribute which made meal preparations easier. There are some nice bush walks from the cabin, which was situated just outside of the Bunya Mountains National Park. We did a hike to Mt. Mowbullan on the first afternoon. We were fortunate that we happened to be staying at the National Park on the same weekend that they hold a market. There were about 30 handmade stalls with something to tempt everyone. Robyn bought herself a milking stool!! The second night we played scrabble and different card games. It was really nice just to “switch off” and enjoy each other’s company. We now talk about doing it again some time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  11:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level In the Garden Merit Badge!

“We found two old metal gates lying in the dirt when we first moved to our house, so we decided to recycle them, and we attached one to each end of my vegetable garden. We left them with the “rusty” look and my husband helped me to install two new latches. Now the passionfruit vine is creeping onto one of the gates. We have a picket fence around our vegetable garden to prevent the wallabies from getting in and eating all of my fresh herbs.

We don’t have to worry about the cold weather as such, but rather the intense heat of summer, so my husband helped me to build three raised garden beds with frames. Over those frames, we have put a shade cloth material to create a cooler environment for some of my more sensitive vegetables. There are zippers up the sides for easy access to my plants. It also has the benefit of keeping the cockatoos out. They are a large parrot that would otherwise enjoy eating my vegetables.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  11:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Kitchen Renegade Merit Badge!

“For my beginner Kitchen Renegade badge, I chose fermented vegetables. The book Wild Fermentation by Sander Ellix Katz was a fantastic resource when it comes to fermentation. The process of fermenting foods—to preserve them and to make them more digestible and more nutritious—is as old as humanity. Unfortunately, fermented foods have largely disappeared from the Western diet, much to the detriment of our health and economy. Microbial cultures are essential to life’s processes, such as digestion and immunity. We humans are in a symbiotic relationship with these single-cell life-forms. Microflora, as they are often called, digest food into nutrients our bodies can absorb, protect us from potentially dangerous organisms, and teach our immune systems how to function. One major benefit of fermentation is that it preserves food. Fermentation organisms produce alcohol, lactic acid, and acetic acid, all bio-preservatives that retain nutrients and prevent spoilage.

Katz explains that “there is a mystique surrounding fermented foods that many people find intimidating. Since the uniformity of factory fermentation products depends upon thorough chemical sterilization, exacting temperature controls, and controlled cultures, it is widely assumed that fermentation processes require these things. It is important to remember that all fermentation processes predate the technology that has made it possible for them to be made more complicated”. Fermentation does not require specialized equipment. Not even a thermometer is necessary (though it can help). Do-it-yourself fermentation is a journey of experimentation and discovery. Every ferment yields unique results, influenced not only by ingredients but by environment, season, temperature, humidity, and any other factors affecting the behaviour of the microorganisms.

Fermentation generally requires only a little preparation. Most of the time that elapses is spent waiting. Many ferments get better the longer you leave them. A few considerations include the water that you use. Do not use water that is heavily chlorinated for fermentation projects. Chlorine is used in water precisely because it kills microorganisms. If you can smell or taste chlorine in tap water, either boil it to evaporate the chlorine before using the water for fermenting, or use water from another source. Another frequent ingredient is salt. Salt inhibits many organisms, but up to a point it is tolerated by Lactobacilli, a type of bacteria important in many food fermentation processes. I like to use sea salt. It’s fine to ferment with either sea salt or pickling salt, but don’t use the standard table salt with added iodine and anti-caking agents. Iodine is antimicrobial, like chlorine, and could inhibit fermentation.

The basic pieces of equipment for most ferments are vessels to contain them. A cylindrical shape is easier. I like to use a ceramic crock. The fermenting container should not be metal or have scratches or cracks which could harbor harmful bacteria. Some metal containers (other than stainless steel) may react with the acid in the food and give it a strange flavour or colour and could leach into the food.

While fermented vegetables can be safer than raw vegetables, primarily because the fermentation process kills harmful bacteria, basic food-safety practices need to be followed. It’s important to start out with vegetables that have been grown using good food-safety practices. This includes making sure the vegetables didn’t come into contact with manure or compost that still has some pathogens such as E. coli or Salmonella in it. You don’t want to use vegetables that have been contaminated when they’re raw. Just normal fermentation will kill the organisms, but you don’t want to ignore good handling and good sanitary practices. These include washing the produce, your hands, any cutting or preparation utensils, surfaces where the food will be cut or chopped, and any containers you use for the food. As for quality, the fresher the veggies, the better. Another concern with fermented vegetables is contamination after the foods have been fermented. This includes handling them with unclean hands, or letting them come into contact with contaminated meat or fish or with surfaces that haven’t been adequately cleaned. But overall, from a food-safety standpoint, fermented vegetables can be safer than raw vegetables.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  11:44:46 AM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Self-sufficiency Merit Badge!

“I was recently working on my intermediate "Putting Away for Winter" badge and, in doing so, I was drying my own herbs from my garden. I mainly dried rosemary, thyme, oregano and basil. I was able to use the rosemary and thyme in one of MaryJane's spice blends (European Flavor Blend). I also made the Indian Flavor Blend and the Thai Flavor Blend which goes great with chicken (pg 129-130 of MaryJane's Ideabook).

I had some mint in my garden as well. I decided to dry it and blend it with dried chamomile, fennel seeds, calendula and aniseed (sourced from the Medicine Room in Maleny) to make a tea blend. I made small jars of the tea and have them ready to add to my Christmas gifts this year.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2021 :  11:46:06 AM  Show Profile
Cindy Kinion (AussieChick, #6058) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Self-sufficiency Merit Badge!

“I stewed green apples and dwarf peaches for one of my BakeOver merit badges, so I continued on this journey and made the canned apples recipe on pg 135 of MaryJane's Ideabook. I also added dwarf peaches to this recipe since I had plenty still left over.

I then made a Smooth Tomato Sauce recipe from Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. The recipe contains tomatoes, red pepper, onion, sea salt, beef or chicken stock, and olive oil.

The final component of this merit badge was to ferment/pickle vegetables. I am working on fermentation for my kitchen renegade merit badge, so I decided to do some pickling instead. I made a Pickled Cucumber Salad recipe which involves chopping carrots and cucumbers into matchsticks. Add fresh cilantro. Stir white wine vinegar and sugar in a small jug, then drizzle over the vegetables and set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavour. This goes really well with Thai-style chicken skewers.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Plant It Forward Merit Badge!

“I planted the extra row of heirloom French white radishes. In the picture, you can see some are not as pretty as others, but they still tasted very good. Since our food bank doesn't take outside donations from individuals, I left them on the table at our community garden for anybody who might like to use them.

Being outside planting and playing in the dirt is always fun for me. I wish I had more time and more dirt to have more fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level 3 R's Rule (Reuse, Recycle, Revive!) Merit Badge!

“This was a fun badge to work on. I hadn't made row markers from can lids before. Much easier to use in the garden than putting the seed packet covers that get wet and blow away. I always like to keep my tools sharp; it makes pruning and cutting much easier. When I had my ranch, I used to put my shovels and tined spades in a bucket of sand with a little oil.

This was good it reminds you to take care of your tools and they will last a long time!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:06:29 PM  Show Profile
Rea Nakanishi (Lacey, #8284) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level 3 R's Rule (Reuse, Recycle, Revive!) Merit Badge!

“I made a scarecrow with Candy, Farmgirl #8283. Had a fun day working on badge requirements and making a scarecrow haven't made a scarecrow in years when my kids were little.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:31:29 PM  Show Profile
Sherrie Bryant (Sherrie Lynne Bryant, #8330) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Sew Wonderful Merit Badge!

“I put together a beginner's sewing kit. It was fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:32:57 PM  Show Profile
Sherrie Bryant (Sherrie Lynne Bryant, #8330) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I bought a container shaped like a button and started collecting buttons. I love the journey finding the right buttons for my collection.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Sherrie Bryant (Sherrie Lynne Bryant, #8330) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I went through my personal jewelry collection and I have a lot of christmas items. I collected the supplies I needed. I bought a container to put my jewelry supplies in, and I bought a kit with everything I need to make my own jewelry.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:35:35 PM  Show Profile
Sherrie Bryant (Sherrie Lynne Bryant, #8330) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Jewelry Making Merit Badge!

“I had my friend, Allie, teach me to make jewelry. I learned things like spiral wiring. I made a necklace and charm with spiral wire on it. I looks beautiful. It was a little hard at first to do the spiral wiring.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2021 :  2:37:19 PM  Show Profile
Sherrie Bryant (Sherrie Lynne Bryant, #8330) has received a certificate of achievement in Outpost for earning an Intermediate Level Pampered Pets Merit Badge!

“I am using natural shampoo and organic snacks for my dogs. The dog's coats are shining and smell good. They love their treats.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 525 Merit Badge Awardees - Woo-hoo Sisters!:  Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badge Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page