Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 farmerette question...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic farmerette question... Next Topic  

farminmama
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jen
Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  3:43:51 PM  Show Profile
I have a question about "farmerettes". My daughter (who is well under 18) would like to earn merit badges with me and work on projects together. Does she need to be a "sister" too or does she just come under me?

How old do they have to be before we have to pay for their membership? She will not be posting on the site, but she is in our little chapter. Does anyone know how this works?

We are putting a sewing kit together for her, and she is working on collecting buttons is why I ask.

Thanks so much...

Jen
sweetheart to Harley
mama to 3 beautiful angels...^i^ ^i^ ^i^
farmgirl Sister #151

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  6:38:09 PM  Show Profile
I have a question about farmerettes too. What about little farmers? I have boys, but I want to teach them a lot of the stuff we have badges for.

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  12:31:23 AM  Show Profile
Good questions!

Here is the text re: farmerettes from our Sisterhood Round-up:

Members are the only ones permitted to mentor farmerettes (farmgirls-in-training under the age of 18) and work with them to earn Farmgirl Sisterhood Merit Badges.

What’s a farmerette?
Farmerettes are young farmgirls-in-training under the age of 18. They can also earn merit badges, as long as there is a Farmgirl Sisterhood member nearby to work with them.

To do so, post your child's accomplishments using your name (that includes your Sisterhood #) as if you are applying for a badge yourself. Then under the part of the application that says: "Tell Us How You Earned Your Merit Badge," share with us instead the first name and age of the child you mentored and his/her badge will be considered. Boys under the age of 18 who work with a sister will be gladly considered!!

My boy, when little, was a much better seamstress than my daughter and I know he would have enjoyed earning badges with us.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  9:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Great Thread... With our "farmgirl round up" coming up.. It was suggested to me that i go talk to our home ec teacher and extend the Prosserfarmgirls to the kids in Home ec....We are thinking that as Prosserfarmgirls sign up for the sisterhood they could "adopt a farmette for farmer"....the above mentions your own kids, but can we enlist ANY kids as long as we have members of the sisterhood?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic farmerette question... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page