Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  09:58:23 AM  Show Profile
I am finally going to break down and buy a food processor, I bought one from wal-mart last year for $30 and you get what you pay for! It lasted me 3 months! I think I have narrowed it down to either a KitchenAid or a cuisinart. What do you girls have and what do you reccomend?

Lillian

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  6:18:22 PM  Show Profile
Lillian, my mom has used the same Cuisinart since I was a little girl! I actually found a working one at a second hand store a couple of years back for $15, I tested it out and it works, but I'm not on my own quite yet so it hasn't out lived me yet! :) Then again she's also had the same KitchenAid mixer as long as I can remember too, never used their food processor though...

Just Peachy :)
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  6:20:49 PM  Show Profile
I bought a hamilton beach 14 cup big mouth food processor a month ago. I have used it a lot and I am happy with it. It was $50. It processed all the salsa that I have made and grated up 40 cups of zucchini.
I would love a Cuisinart one but can't afford it right now.

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  6:37:48 PM  Show Profile
If you find an older working Cuisinart in a thrift shop, grab it. I do every time I see one and have given them to my kids and others. Mine was a gift in 1980 and still going strong except the bowls eventually crack from age and use. Buying new I'd still go with Cuisinart or KitchenAid.
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  6:57:31 PM  Show Profile
I love my Cuisinart! I have had it for a few years now and it still runs great; and I use it at least two or three times a week. I was fortunate that it was given to me as a surprise "I just wanted to say I love you" gift from my Mom. If you can fit it into your budget I highly reccomend it. My Mom said she found it online at a bargin price and it came with extra stuff to boot.

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  8:03:58 PM  Show Profile
I love my KitchenAid. Hubby gave it to me as a Christmas gift about 10 yrs ago and it's still going strong.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  9:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Cuisinart!!! My mom had one, and then I got it when I left home! Then when DH and I tied the knot, we received one for a gift...love love love them!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  06:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank-You Girls for all of your input. I am going to hopefully have my decision made and one purchased by "salsa" time.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  5:44:51 PM  Show Profile
I have a Waring food processor I bought for $75 about 33 years ago. I had it fixed once, no charge and they sent it back with extra blades and an extra bowl. I love this old machine, it is still chugging right along. I don't even know if they make them anymore, but if you happen upon one at a yard sale or a thrift shop it is definitely worth taking a chance on it...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  7:11:12 PM  Show Profile
Karin, Waring is a good brand. I know they still make blenders (they were the first), not sure about food processors. What good customer service, that's about impossible to find from a big company these days. 33 years ago, $75 was a chunk of money to spend and it's been well worth it for you.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  7:17:44 PM  Show Profile
I don't know about other brands, but I had/have a cuisinart. I use it now and again, but not as much as I thought I would. I use the smaller cuisinart chopper more. My larger one is out of commission because our little Beagle, Daisy, ate the cord all the way up to the back of the machine

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  06:08:41 AM  Show Profile
I have a hamilton beach too

it makes great cole slaw and salsa